• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Significant changes to itinerary (Vietnam)

DCPhotoGal

Photographer and Mom to 2 Princesses
We got this email today... this is the first time I've got a notice about a large change in our itinerary. I'm hoping this isn't an issue with my Vietnam visa since the departure date no longer matches.

For those who have done this trip, thoughts about these changes?

We have been informed of three changes in the flight schedule for our travel in-destination and want to let you and your clients know that we have rearranged parts of our itinerary to accommodate these changes. Your assistance in communicating these changes is appreciated.

We will now depart Hoi An, Vietnam in the evening of Day 5 instead of our morning flight on Day 6. With this change, our Sunrise Tai Chi Class will be hosted the morning of Day 6 with the optional Hoa Lo Prison visit to follow.

In addition, we will now depart Hanoi, Vietnam in the afternoon of Day 7 instead of our morning flight on Day 8. We will have our electric "green car" tour of Hanoi in the morning of Day 7 followed by our temple tour of Luang Prabang upon arrival in Laos. Day 8 will feature our Living Land Rice Farm visit and lunch, followed by a dip in the Kuang Si Waterfalls.

The third change will occur on Day 9 and Day 10. Our flight to Siem Reap, Cambodia has been shifted to the afternoon on Day 9 instead of the morning on Day 10. With this change we will now have our Sunrise offering of alms to local Monks in Luang Prabang on the morning of Day 9. Following breakfast we will have our optional hike up Mt. Phousi steps, lunch then at JOMA restaurant before traveling to the airport for our flight. Upon arrival in Cambodia, your Adventure Guides will check your clients into our hotel as they spend the evening as they wish. The following day will feature an additional local village tour in the morning, lunch at Sokkhak restaurant and a sunset gondola experience.

I don't know anything about this itinerary, but OMG that must have been a nightmare for ABD to re-arrange all this stuff. I wonder if it's just your departure or if they've had to re-arrange all the trips?

BUT this is one of the reasons I travel with ABD. I'd much rather have them scramble to re-arrange hotels and activities than me!!

Sayhello

Wow that is a lot of switches. Did they tell you why they were doing it? We had a bunch of major changes to our Costa Rica trip as we had already booked it when they decided to get rid of the inter-trip flight. It all seemed pretty seamless even with the adjustments. I am sure it will be fine and they will have everything covered!

On last October’s China ABD we had the order of cities changed (Chengdu/Xi’an and Guilin were swapped) and then changed back months later. When they changed them back they replaced a plane ride with a high-speed train ride. We were told that at least one flight had been cancelled which made the changes necessary. Once on the adventure everything went smoothly.

When we did Vietnam, we had a flight cancelled and rearranged mid-trip. It happens... I'm just glad ABD is there to figure all the logistics out instead of me! I'm not seeing how the departure date changes though? What am I missing?

These changes sound absolutely fine to me. I don't think you will have a different experience overall. I loved, loved, loved this trip. It is amazing.

When we did Vietnam, we had a flight cancelled and rearranged mid-trip. It happens... I'm just glad ABD is there to figure all the logistics out instead of me! I'm not seeing how the departure date changes though? What am I missing?

I think the departure from Vietnam to the next country changed dates, and I had to give the specific days/ports/etc for visa purposes, so they will no longer match.

I think the departure from Vietnam to the next country changed dates, and I had to give the specific days/ports/etc for visa purposes, so they will no longer match.

You should call ABD and ask them, but I doubt it will be a problem if you leave early, more likely a problem if you stayed too long. This is especially true if your flight was cancelled.

I will add I have no expertise on Vietnam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter