Silly DVC Poll- Who Is More Fired Up Right Now?

Who Is More Fired Up Right Now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Add another box - People who read these boards as a means of procrastinating at work because now there's enough new material to keep us being unproductive for the rest of 2023 and probably much of 2024.

One can only re-read the merits of Murphy beds so many times

Add another box - People who read these boards as a means of procrastinating at work because now there's enough new material to keep us being unproductive for the rest of 2023 and probably much of 2024.

One can only re-read the merits of Murphy beds so many times

I so love it when i read people hate's of a color scheme of a timeshare resort they stay in for maybe a week at a time! It really puts life into perspective....

Not fired up - checked zero boxes, but I will say this;
We went to a lot of trouble to rush and get in before the restrictions when we bought our resale BLT because we did not want to be shut out of future resorts. Since then Disney has introduced RIV (point charts much too high) and DHV (taxes too high). Thus, so far we've had ZERO interest in the resorts we went to all that trouble to have access too. I don't regret our purchase, but clearly we expected Disney to make that direct purchase a lot more enticing and so far that has not happened. In fact, lately Disney has not even been all that aggressive in ROFR. My advice? Wait for a good deal and buy the OG resorts resale. Disney is giving you no reason not to.

Didn’t vote because I was disappointed it wasn’t new but at the same time happy because it took it off my purchase list.

This new trust thing has got me intrigued and I live we have a new DVc topic to go round and round about!!!

All future resorts are still going to be direct only access. Sounds like this is just an add-on to POLY.

Have to think plenty of POLY owners will be upset that these new higher priced rooms are going to sit on the inventory while the studios get booked up more quickly in the past (where they pretty much always lasted to 7 months).

Its basically the exact opposite of what they did to VGF.

Honestly I think its bad precedent to keep adding rooms to existing resorts. It completely changes why you might have purchased a resort. I hope DVC gets an earful regarding these additions.

Example what if Cabins at FW all get added to CCV? That a good thing? No its terrible because its completely changing what was purchased. Its like buying in a neighborhood with defined build requirements then the builder waiving the requirements and doing something completely different.

I viewed "fired up" as who got the raw deal. To me that's direct Riviera owners because a highly desirable structure popped up on the monorail and isn't restricted and PVB owners (not happy) since the demand for studios in the 11-month window will increase.

If we view "fired up" as a positive thing, I will change my vote to resale owners that have access to the shiny new building with SAP points and PVB owners (happy).

Poly owner here, very happy to get 11 month access to a brand spanking new building. If my kids were younger I would be a bit worried about overcrowding at the lava pool, but fortunately they are beyond the "MUST MUST MUST do the pool slide" age.

I viewed "fired up" as who got the raw deal. To me that's direct Riviera owners because a highly desirable structure popped up on the monorail and isn't restricted and PVB owners (not happy) since the demand for studios in the 11-month window will increase.

If we view "fired up" as a positive thing, I will change my vote to resale owners that have access to the shiny new building with SAP points and PVB owners (happy).
I view “fired up” as elevated emotions…. which could be positive or negative….

I'm glad about it, & it has raised Poly to be in the running for my (SAP+) next purchase. ;)
I keep hearing how hard CCV is to book at 11 months, but maybe this will do the same at Poly?
Is the new tower going to add any studios? (pretty sure I saw that it was, or am i confusing it with something else, or do we know?)

I so love it when i read people hate's of a color scheme of a timeshare resort they stay in for maybe a week at a time! It really puts life into perspective....
And I will keep reading all the minutiae so long as I can avoid doing my day job for as long as possible! Sometimes I wonder if there is an IT guy looking at our websites and seeing way too much time on Disbords.com. They should block the site if they knew what was good for them! 🤣

I'm glad about it, & it has raised Poly to be in the running for my (SAP+) next purchase. ;)
I keep hearing how hard CCV is to book at 11 months, but maybe this will do the same at Poly?
Is the new tower going to add any studios? (pretty sure I saw that it was, or am i confusing it with something else, or do we know?)
It will have studios. I think it may also have some of the Duo studios.

I'm going glass half full and keeping my fingers crossed that I'll love the theme (please be awesome.... Aulani for WDW???) and it will give me another option to bundle up all of my points if I choose to do some day in the future and book an amazing stay at 7 months. I won't buy points there as we have already picked WL/CCV as our MK area resort and I'm sure we aren't going to change that even if the new tower is awesome.

The option that I would check as a negative pick is I'm concerned how quick the DVC sales community jumped on the "it's for sure... 100%... (please buy a contract)... part of the existing association" bandwagon without anything written in stone. Even as a Riviera owner, I would prefer that Poly 2 be part of the existing as I also own quite a few "dirty" points too. I just don't trust Disney until it's 100% in writing. I'd only buy Poly right now if you are okay with a reasonable chance that it won't be in the existing association.

With that said, I am waiting for it to be official and I'm sure my guide will get an email and also this will be an area of concern we chat about when I see him in a few months. If they do go existing then they should give up on the restrictions. Perhaps a stronger tiered reward system for us crazy people who have a few direct points. I'll take my DVC-Y-Gold/Platinum card please...... Perhaps match the discounts to the APs?

Last edited:
I own RIV and I’m still confused what people are mad about. My RIV points are unrestricted, because I bought them direct. That hasn’t changed. If people (myself included) back door into Poly2 via resale, you won’t be staying at RIV with those points.

If they make RIV unrestricted, like everyone wants… wouldnt that be an actual rug pull? As I got truly tricked into buying direct, when I could have just bought resale RIV points and saved money.

LOL I didn’t vote because I am ambivalent and have been rather intrigued by the impending Trust system. I suppose as a PVB owner, I should be happy with the “same association” but I am not convinced that the interpretation by resale brokers isn’t premature. As a resale RIV owner, I couldn’t care less as I bought to stay there. Although I must confess that prior to Dec 7, I was contemplating stripping (transferring between my memberships) then selling my resale RIV and buying direct RIV as the current incentives with MB and CM discount should put it at $161 pp. The idea that RIV may turn out to be the only WDW resort with restrictions is putting a pause on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter