Silly question about studios at BWV.

disney-super-mom

DIS Veteran
I was looking at some pictures of the studios in the different resorts and maybe I'm not seeing things correctly, but...

...where are the BWV studios coffee tables?:confused3

Sorry to say, the BWV studios don't have coffeetables. I certainly miss them. I've considered buying one of those large balls on the BoardWalk so I can put up my sore, tired, swollen, achy (insert violin music here) feet up at the end of the day.

Seems a silly oversight on the part of Disney; they have them in the others.:confused3
We sometimes pull in the little plastic table from the balcony. So what if it doesn't exactly compliment the "look" of the room :rolleyes1? It works!:laughing:

I was looking at some pictures of the studios in the different resorts and maybe I'm not seeing things correctly, but...

...where are the BWV studios coffee tables?:confused3

LOL, your post reminded me of something I did on my first trip to the BWV. I'd always had a coffee table in every studio I'd stayed in at other resorts. So when I entered my studio at BWV and saw NO COFFEE TABLE, the first thing I did was rush to the phone and call housekeeping-I just wanted to let them know that there was no coffee table when I got here, so it must have been taken by the previous guests, not me! I'm surprised housekeeping didn't laugh at me-she just explained patiently that there's no coffee tables. A sore point with me, however, is that at the 2005 annual meeting (I think that was the year) it was announced that the BWV studios would finally be getting their coffee tables. Well, I'm still waiting.

I also wish the studios had a nightstand on both sides of the queen bed - or at least a little shelf. DH and I both wear glasses and would like to have them handy - besides I can't see the clock on the other side of the bed without them. So, I guess I want something big enough for glasses and a travel clock. That isn't very big at all.

Well, when I was first looking, I couldn't figure out what it was that was making the room look a little "off" from the others I had seen. Then, after taking a second look, I realized that there's no coffee tables, at least none that I could see in the pictures. Yet the 1 bedrooms and larger at BWV all have the coffee tables, so I was a bit confused.

Actually, I'm still perplexed by the lack of coffee tables in the studios?:confused3

Well, at least the BWV have the new sofa sleepers.:thumbsup2

Are the "studios" (not having stayed in one) different than the 'studios' which serve as the 2nd bedrooms to a 2 bedrom villa different?? As the 2nd bdrm's attached to villas we've used have had a table & chairs....or are you talking about a true coffee table ala in front of a divan/couch? which I haven't even seen in a studio at OKW??

Are the "studios" (not having stayed in one) different than the 'studios' which serve as the 2nd bedrooms to a 2 bedrom villa different?? As the 2nd bdrm's attached to villas we've used have had a table & chairs....or are you talking about a true coffee table ala in front of a divan/couch? which I haven't even seen in a studio at OKW??

They are talking about true coffee tables such as the ones at BCV and SSR. HH studios don't have coffee tables either. I really like the ottoman/tray set up at SSR.

Our first stay in a BVW studio included a coffee table....the bellman said that previous guests had requested it and housekeeping hadn't removed it.

Now, I have another BWV studio question....do any of them have a daybed (next to the TV)? Or am I thinking of the rooms at the Swan?

I attended the BWV annual meeting in 2003 (I think) and they said coffee tables were going to be installed, along with HD TV's. I don't think either happened.

Our first stay in a BVW studio included a coffee table....the bellman said that previous guests had requested it and housekeeping hadn't removed it.

Now, I have another BWV studio question....do any of them have a daybed (next to the TV)? Or am I thinking of the rooms at the Swan?

Yes, some of them have a daybed. I'm not sure, but I think those are the "dedicated" ones.:confused3

I know mine did-a BW View studio on the fourth floor. Although I don't remember the exact room #, it was around #4030 and right across from the basketball game on the boardwalk. If you want a daybed, please ask for one at check-in. I was solo and yet I got a room with a daybed. Useless for one person, yet I wondered during my stay if another family could have used a room with a daybed. I'd like to think that the fact that they gave one to a solo says that they have more rooms with daybeds than they need. BTW, the room next door to mine also had a daybed.

As the 2nd bdrm's attached to villas we've used have had a table & chairs....or are you talking about a true coffee table ala in front of a divan/couch? which I haven't even seen in a studio at OKW??

the studio at OKW only have 2 queen beds.

the other studios - VWL, BWV, BCV, SSR have a queen bed and a double sleeper sofa - so they can have a coffee table.

you know since the BWV wasn't designed with a coffee table - maybe once you pull out the bed there isn't room for one?

I personally don't mind not having the coffee table since DD sleeps on the sofa bed it makes it really crowded with the bed out.

I think day bed is a very generous description. I think of it more as a padded bench. I don't think they were really intended for people to sleep on. Only a small child could fit on it. Maybe someone will post a picture.

I like the day bed for when I come back from the parks or DD and drop all my stuff on to it. I can sort it out later , you know after my nap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter