Singles Trip to WDW in 2009 !!

What "weekend" is good for you ?? Singles Trip 2009

• Thursday October 1st to Monday October 5th

• Thursday October 15th to Monday October 19th

• Thursday October 22 to Monday October 26th

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm relatively new, but I think it would be a blast to meet fellow singles who "are for the love of Disney".

1. when is your birthday? 11/12

2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? Freak - then head to the Haunted Mansion

3. favorite park? MK

4. what is your height? 6'0"

5. favorite food/cuisine? Thai

6. in what year did you first visit the world? 1975 (okay, I'm 40)

7. favorite Disney memory? My first Haunted Mansion ride with my dad.

8. favorite Disney ride? ?? Haunted Mansion with Splash Mountain being a very close second.

9. least favorite ride? ?? 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (or whatever it was called back then) and Figment

10. are you a pin collector/trader?? No

11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? Much more complicated than that I'm afraid. :lmao:

12. when was your last trip to the World? October 2007

13. when is your next trip to the World? October 2008

14. favorite Disney character? Winnie the Pooh (However, I'm also a big "Alice in Wonderland" fan, thus I chose the name "MockTurtle".)

15. least favorite Disney character? I have much love for the lot of them.

16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away - Booking a room at the Wilderness Lodge during Halloween, singing the "Boo To You" song all weekend, and being able to ride Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain countless times with a special lady. I'll keep the rest to myself. :cloud9:

we need more of the guys to join in and get involved !! LOL
I look forward to seeing everyones opinions on the next steps !!!! Can't wait !!
er, um, why? Me surrounded by a bunch of single women at WDW? I think I need to change my answer to "dream."

I guess it has been pretty much decided that we should go during the "off/value season". I have been inOctober and November and also in February. Now, strictly speaking for myself ( I am in Canada )and possibily any one else that lives in the northern States, the weather is REALLY unpredictable in February and the Spring Break Season begins shortly thereafter. Would I be safe to say that October or early November be OK with everyone ??? Maybe we could all meet (gals and guys) at Mickey's Not So Scary Christmas Party some time in mid October on our first full evening ???? Maybe we could all dress up, meet for dinner and then go "trick or treating"???
I also think the general concenses is that we stay at a value resort. Any objections to Pop Century ??? And what tours, fireworks etc are we intersted in ?? Magical Gatherings events ??? Behind the Scenes tours ??? I think if we get the big things worked out first, it will be easier to book the recreation (golf, horseback riding etc) later.
SOOOOOOOOOOOO ........ what does everyone think ??? Not on Halloween night though. Those of us that have younger children should be home for the festivities with our kids. We will leave this up for discussion for a couple weeks. Some of the people interested are in WDW right now.
You can even PM if you have any questions/comments/concerns if you want.
I am so happy there is a bunch of us willing to do this .... we need more of the guys to join in and get involved !! LOL
I look forward to seeing everyones opinions on the next steps !!!! Can't wait !!

It sounds good Jen, though I still will stay at DVC LOL (little spoiled) but that is a thought right now. And the MNSSHP is fun!

Dinner with large groups need to be planned earlier to get the seats. Its hard to add more at a popular place, and with limits because park closes earlier for the event (think the options are Liberty Tree, Tony's, Crystal Palace and maybe the Plaza). I guess that when the tickets go on sale, and we pick a night, if its 6 months or less out we can make our ADRs for a couple large groups.

First I guess we should determine the following ...
1) who and their top 3 choices for when you can go
2) own room, share with friend or group of friends
3) how long you are interested in staying (2, 3, 7 days, etc)
4) hotel preference ??? (Value ?, Moderate ?, Deluxe ? -- I, personally, would vote for value so I have more $$$$ to spend on other things)

Oh, I wanna go! I need some Disney friends.
Time of year doesnt really matter since I am local.
I vote for Moderate
Own room.

1. when is your birthday? OCT.30
2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? smile!
3. favorite park? MK
4. what is your height? 5’ 6”
5. favorite food/cuisine? Mexican, italian
6. in what year did you first visit the world? 2004
7. favorite Disney memory? The first time i visited Disneyland with my sister after being seperated all of our lives.
8. favorite Disney ride? Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland
9. least favorite ride? Mission"Space
10. are you a pin collector/trader?? Nope
11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? Yep!
12. when was your last trip to the World? Yesterday
13. when is your next trip to the World? Sometime this week
14. favorite Disney character? Gotta be the Mouse!
15. least favorite Disney character? Dont have one
16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away: The Grand Floridian with money being no object

where are you at GalDisney?? im north of WDW by 90 minutes.

This is fun!!

1. when is your birthday? October 31/Halloween. It's appropriate that I'm posting right after GalDisney:thumbsup2
2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? Head for the Magic Kingdom!!
3. favorite park? Magic Kingdom
4. what is your height? 5’ 8”
5. favorite food/cuisine? Pasta in any just about any form.
6. in what year did you first visit the world? 1977
7. favorite Disney memory? On my first trip, my grandmother had bad knees and we convinced her to go on IASW with us. To this day, I still chuckle thinking about the cast members trying to help her in and out of the boat with her grumbling the entire time. We couldn't get her on another ride after that!!
8. favorite Disney ride? Tower of Terror
9. least favorite ride? I don't hate it but I could skip Test Track and not be upset about it. If the line's longer than 20 min, I'll pass.
10. are you a pin collector/trader?? No. Any thought of it was removed when I just happened to get the Day 5 countdown pin for Mission Space and then felt the need to get all other days including the opening day pin (and I still have all of them). The memory of getting up early and heading off to Epcot for half of my vacation is an excellent deterrent.
11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? Not even close:rolleyes1
12. when was your last trip to the World? Last year for my birthday...Oct 28 - Nov 3, 2007
13. when is your next trip to the World? August 18 - 25, 2008
14. favorite Disney character? Mickey Mouse
15. least favorite Disney character? Don't really have one
16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away: All expenses paid trip complete with fast passes for all rides and VIP seating for everything and ending with me winning a night in the castle suite. When I dream, I dream big.

As for a possible 2009 singles trip:
1) I love September - October but would have to plan around my football season tickets :-)
2) own room
3) 5 - 6 days has worked well
4) I'm a DVCer so it would be whatever I could get.

Someone also mentioned Magical Gatherings which I would love because I've never travelled with a group large enough to enjoy some of those perks.

1. when is your birthday? October 31/Halloween. It's appropriate that I'm posting right after GalDisney:thumbsup2

As for a possible 2009 singles trip:
1) I love September - October but would have to plan around my football season tickets :-)

Someone also mentioned Magical Gatherings which I would love because I've never travelled with a group large enough to enjoy some of those perks.

That is funny about how it worked for the postings between the two.

LOL... plan around the football tickets... maybe it will be around away game :)

I guess, if I'm going to join you all, I need to fill out the questionnaire:

1. when is your birthday? March 11
2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? It doesn't matter, as long as I'm at Disney!
4. what is your height? 5’ 6”
5. favorite food/cuisine? Mexican
6. in what year did you first visit the world? 1976?
7. favorite Disney memory? Last summer, when travelling with a friend and her son, meeting other special kids.
8. favorite Disney ride? Tower of Terror
9. least favorite ride? Tea cups
10. are you a pin collector/trader? No
11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right? Yes
12. when was your last trip to the World? April 15-19
13. when is your next trip to the World? May 25-June 2
14. favorite Disney character? Mickey Mouse
15. least favorite Disney character? Stitch/Pocahontas
16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away: Staying at the Polynesian

Ok, I'm up for October!! My birthday is the 27th, and with F&W and MNSSHP...well, that's reason enough for me!!! Sign me up!! As long as I know the dates before November this year, I'll book my holidays around it.

And I guess I should answer the questions...

1. when is your birthday? Oct 27
2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? MK, have to see the castle and have my little cry.
4. what is your height? 5’ 4”
5. favorite food/cuisine? lately it's been Thai/Vietnamese
6. in what year did you first visit the world? 1992 (I know...late bloomer)
7. favorite Disney memory? seeing my son's face light up at the Wishes fireworks
8. favorite Disney ride? Pirates of the Caribbean
9. least favorite ride? Star Tours (makes me sick)
10. are you a pin collector/trader? Yep
11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right? Nope
12. when was your last trip to the World? April 2007
13. when is your next trip to the World? 3 days!!:yay: :yay: :yay:
14. favorite Disney character? Mickey Mouse and Stitch
15. least favorite Disney character? don't really have one
16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away: one day staying at the Contemporary with a MK view, and watching Wishes in the arms of my soul mate...one day, when he stops to ask for directions to find me...:lovestruc

Seems like everyone has October as an option?? How do the grand gatherings work-is it just based on the number of people who claim to be in a group? :confused3

I guess since I started this post, I should answer some questions ...

1. when is your birthday? April 4
2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? cry when I walk through the gates at Magic Kingdom
4. what is your height? 5'5"
5. favorite food/cuisine? Italian but I do like to try new things
6. in what year did you first visit the world? 1974
7. favorite Disney memory? WAY TOO MANY TO LIST !!!!!!!!!
8. favorite Disney ride? Haunted Mansion & POC
9. least favorite ride? Mad Tea Party:sick:
10. are you a pin collector/trader?? A little bit .... more for my kids.
11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? Among other things ..... we were in Jacksonville, FL for a 3 day lay over and he won't take me down to WDW for a day -- I should have known !!!
12. when was your last trip to the World? December 2007
13. when is your next trip to the World? Nov. 28 - Dec 13, 2008
14. favorite Disney character? MIC-KEY Mouse !!

15. least favorite Disney character? don't have one really

16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away OHHHHHHHHH :cloud9: --- As much as I love my kids and mom I would opt to do this one alone (so I could do what I want, when I want). I would have a 20 GB photo card for my camera and an everlasting battery, and I would stroll through all the parks, at MY leisure and take as many photos as I could. I would take part in every dining experience possible, tours and as many rides that I could stomach. I would be allowed to visit the "backstage" areas after park hours and of, course, a night's stay in Cinderella's Castle. I think this would be my ultimate dream weekend --- I am sure I could stretch this into a 2 week stay, if given the chance.

fellow Ram !!!:thumbsup2

*great thread! I would love to plan a Disney 2009 trip! I cant wait to find more info :)

1. when is your birthday? December 22nd

2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? SMILE :)

3. favorite park? All of them

4. what is your height? 5'9"

5. favorite food/cuisine? Seafood

6. in what year did you first visit the world? 1991 senior year in HS--I've been back almost every year since then

7. favorite Disney memory? My boys seeing Mickey for the 1st time

8. favorite Disney ride? ??

9. least favorite ride? ??

10. are you a pin collector/trader?? No

11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? No--i wish it would have been that easy :) :)

12. when was your last trip to the World? September 2007

13. when is your next trip to the World? Labor Day Weekend 2008

14. favorite Disney character? Mickey

15. least favorite Disney character? Love all of them

16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away - A wkd w/ friends/family or that special someone (when I find him lol)

:welcome::cool1:
Are you still accepting solo-trip attendees? If so, I'd consider joining in.

1) who and their top 3 choices for when you can go - I'm Julie and I can go whenever. I think mid-May or mid-September is a great time to go. January is good, too, but it can be chilly.

2) own room, share with friend or group of friends - I'd prefer my own room

3) how long you are interested in staying (2, 3, 7 days, etc) - at least 3 nights, but more is better!

4) hotel preference ??? - I'd say Value, I love Pop Century.

the more the merrier!!! :woohoo:

Well, I'd join in as long as you people don't mind an older Disser (54).

1) who and their top 3 choices for when you can go - I'm Paul and it's easier to say when I wouldn't want to go: June-August and major "Disney" holidays like spring break or just around Christmas

2) own room, share with friend or group of friends - I'd prefer my own room

3) how long you are interested in staying (2, 3, 7 days, etc) - at least 3 nights, but more is better!

4) hotel preference ??? -Value to Moderate

hmm only cows get old... :hug: :rolleyes1

Seems like everyone has October as an option?? How do the grand gatherings work-is it just based on the number of people who claim to be in a group? :confused3

all we need is call (I have the number at home.. me at work and taking a peak at the boards... we dont really have to pick the WDW activities we can plan our own... we can also do the Illumination buffet a minimum which I did 2 years ago and you get your own spot somewhere in UK etc... But basically if you do GG one advantage is they will try to situate your rooms closer to one another and makes group dining reservation makes easier.

OK... will have to go back later tonite to catch up... Have fun Peeps!!!

Grand gatherings are when there are more than 8 in your party, and this allows your group to be involved in different events that they have set up, like doing a fireworks cruise, dinner safari, character breakfast at tonys.... never done one, and I may be incorrect on one of those options.

the group i am going with on Thursday we did the ressie number, but we are not all in the same spot. not doing any of the events that i am aware of.

all we need is call (I have the number at home.. me at work and taking a peak at the boards... we dont really have to pick the WDW activities we can plan our own... we can also do the Illumination buffet a minimum which I did 2 years ago and you get your own spot somewhere in UK etc... But basically if you do GG one advantage is they will try to situate your rooms closer to one another and makes group dining reservation makes easier.

like the idea of a buffet to watch illuminations. Must have been what i saw them setting up in Morracco this past weekend

Morning peeps! Am going to try and pay attention to what I see that may be available for grand gatherings this weekend while I am down there. :cool1: I leave tomorrow!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter