Skipper Canteen (Jungle Cruise themed restaurant) updates and ADR watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking at menu, Glad I didn't change any plans for trip next month. Have a feeling this won't be as difficult to get into as BOG - at least after newness wears off

We will be at the mk the 15th hoping to be able to have lunch. I will talk to the concierge today see how and when adrs is going to work.

Do they serve alcohol? The only reason we don't eat in MK is that I like a glass of wine with dinner, and besides BOG MK is dry. :(

Do they serve alcohol? The only reason we don't eat in MK is that I like a glass of wine with dinner, and besides BOG MK is dry. :(

Looking at photos of the menu there is no alcohol served https://mobile.twitter.com/TheDCLBlog/status/676072277100920832

One of the reasons they did it at BOG was the French theme and in France it is normal to have beer/wine with dinner. Skippers Canteen is a Thai and Asian influenced menu, so alcohol doesn't need to play as big a part. They are serving Thai & Brazilian Coke brands though.

Unfortunately it looks like that's a no - and that is also why I never eat at MK! I'm on vacation.

Looking at photos of the menu there is no alcohol served https://mobile.twitter.com/TheDCLBlog/status/676072277100920832

One of the reasons they did it at BOG was the French theme and in France it is normal to have beer/wine with dinner. Skippers Canteen is a Thai and Asian influenced menu, so alcohol doesn't need to play as big a part. They are serving Thai & Brazilian Coke brands though.

French often have wine with lunch as well - I don't understand why BOG won't have wine at lunch. It's normal for Americans and the rest of the world to have it with dinner, but the French folks I'm friends with have wine with lunch as well.

Disney Food Blog is reporting there are rumors that ADR's will start Wednesday , but no guarantees yet .
We will see ..........
It's apparently been announced that the restaurant will officially open that day. So either
1 - "ADRs" was mixed up up with "official opening", or
2 - ADRs begin the same day as the official opening

Either of thee are plausbile. Hard to say. But just as interesting as when we can begin making the ADRs is what will be the first date of the reservation itself. All I need is a dinner reservation for 24 January. Then to keep my wife from noticing it on her MDEx app.

I was wondering if the menu shown is for both lunch and Dinner? and is the Lunch going to be CS? (like BOG) Prices look high for CS. Will they take DDP? will it be CS credit for lunch and TS Credit for Dinner?

I was wondering if the menu shown is for both lunch and Dinner? and is the Lunch going to be CS? (like BOG) Prices look high for CS. Will they take DDP? will it be CS credit for lunch and TS Credit for Dinner?

No CS, it's TS all day and yes, one menu all day.

Disney Food Blog is reporting there are rumors that ADR's will start Wednesday , but no guarantees yet .
We will see ..........

Why did I have a feeling there was a good chance that it was going to be the day I was flying?

On the bright side for once I'm not on the very first flight out of Denver. However if it really is Wednesday I can't be on hold forever and a day because you know airplane to catch.

by that logic, there should be beer/wine everywhere in MK, since it's normal to have beer/wine with dinner in the USA and in most countries.

Unfortunately it looks like that's a no - and that is also why I never eat at MK! I'm on vacation.

French often have wine with lunch as well - I don't understand why BOG won't have wine at lunch. It's normal for Americans and the rest of the world to have it with dinner, but the French folks I'm friends with have wine with lunch as well.
by that logic, there should be beer/wine everywhere in MK, since it's normal to have beer/wine with dinner in the USA and in most countries.

I live in Europe and people will drink a glass of wine or beer with lunch, some even have it written into their work contracts they are allowed a beer at lunch. :) I was in a little cafe for a late breakfast the other morning and there were a few ladies sitting at the bar with a glass of champagne. :) I had an espresso. :)

It is quite disappointing that we probably won't go here because we can't get a glass of wine or beer with dinner because the menu looks yummy. We are trying BOG for the first time in a few weeks, and BOG is first time having dinner in MK after many trips to WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter