• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skipping mousekeeping

In hotels when guests are sleeping and housekeeping walks past guest rooms that are closed that need to be serviced and guests are still sleeping and wish not to be disturbed the maids will place a guest privacy card that says things like this. "OUR HOUSEKEEPING STAFF WAS ABOUT TO SERVICE YOUR ROOM AND NOTICED THAT YOU REQUESTED SOME PRIVACY" IF YOU WISH TO HAVE YOUR ROOM SERVICED WHEN YOU ARE READY PLEASE CALL FRONT DESK TO SCHEDULE A TIME THANK YOU." So I assume that Disney resorts do this too. Because I think why Disney Resorts decided to have room security checks at all the resorts was for safety reasons but they should do them when guests are not in their rooms. Because I mainly think Disney Resorts does room security checks is so they can search for signs of violent activity in guest rooms. But I do agree that Disney resorts should offer resort guests a Disney Store gift card for skipping or declining housekeeping any time they are there. Because I feel this was one thing resort guests liked that Disney did away with when full housekeeping returned after the pandemic and Disney should restart the Disney Store gift card option again for guests who skip or decline housekeeping services

In hotels when guests are sleeping and housekeeping walks past guest rooms that are closed that need to be serviced and guests are still sleeping and wish not to be disturbed the maids will place a guest privacy card that says things like this. "OUR HOUSEKEEPING STAFF WAS ABOUT TO SERVICE YOUR ROOM AND NOTICED THAT YOU REQUESTED SOME PRIVACY" IF YOU WISH TO HAVE YOUR ROOM SERVICED WHEN YOU ARE READY PLEASE CALL FRONT DESK TO SCHEDULE A TIME THANK YOU." So I assume that Disney resorts do this too. Because I think why Disney Resorts decided to have room security checks at all the resorts was for safety reasons but they should do them when guests are not in their rooms. Because I mainly think Disney Resorts does room security checks is so they can search for signs of violent activity in guest rooms. But I do agree that Disney resorts should offer resort guests a Disney Store gift card for skipping or declining housekeeping any time they are there. Because I feel this was one thing resort guests liked that Disney did away with when full housekeeping returned after the pandemic and Disney should restart the Disney Store gift card option again for guests who skip or decline housekeeping services
In our experience, no, WDW does not do this like real world hotels. They barge in.

@elvispursley housekeeping can't but they will try to open the door until the security latch prevents them but by then the have already interrupted anyone sleeping, showering, or engaged in other personal tasks.

Many Guests don't use the security latch if other members of their party are out of the room. They will return quieter vs housekeeping trying to enter and clean the room.

Dave

Not sure how housekeeping can just barge in if your deadbolt and security latch is in place? 🤷‍♀️
For us, they didn't barge in (August 2019) but they were extremely persistent despite us telling them I was pretty sick.

I'd gotten horribly ill after eating at a WDW restaurant. WDW insisted on coming in, knocking, then calling, and when we told them I was sick, they said they had to see the room. Fine. My DD told them they could come.

As soon as the CM saw me (I was pretty pale and trying to sleep), he apologized, turned around, and walked right out lol.

I definitely recommend turning the deadbolt and flipping the latch. They will try to come in. I was seconds away from stepping in the shower when they started banging on my door. Fortunately I had a bathrobe to put on, because even with the latch flipped there is a little opening where they can see in. They aren’t the least bit quiet about it either.

That was the only time they came at an inconvenient time, but I always engage all the door locks whenever I am in the room, just in case.

Not sure how housekeeping can just barge in if your deadbolt and security latch is in place? 🤷‍♀️
There are reasons why some people may not be using their deadbolts. But know that employees do have the tools to open these. Many people have reported being asleep or showering or otherwise engaged so therefore ignoring the knocks, & the employees have still come in.

This kinda creeps me out, I've never had this happen, maybe because we are at parks all day - however this year we will be in the rooms mid day for toddler naps. What is the reason for this aggressive invasion?

There are reasons why some people may not be using their deadbolts. But know that employees do have the tools to open these. Many people have reported being asleep or showering or otherwise engaged so therefore ignoring the knocks, & the employees have still come in.
This is 100% correct. A paint scraper is what I remember some of the maintenance people using to get in when somehow the latch accidentally got engaged and the guest was stuck outside the room.

We are at boulder ridge now and they called me around 2 pm saying they noticed our room occupied sign was out when they tried to service our room. I told them we were taking a nap and she asked when they could come back. I’m glad they did that instead of banging on the door and insisting to come in

Last edited:
How many bad things do you think Disney has found since instituting the daily checks?

I think if they would inform the public that the checks have stopped some terrible things from happening or continuing to happen,people would feel better about the inconvenience.

They wouldn't have to be specific-just say "Since starting the daily checks we have stopped x number of human trafficking situations, x number of child abuse situations,x numberof drug trafficking situations, etc.".

How many bad things do you think Disney has found since instituting the daily checks?

I think if they would inform the public that the checks have stopped some terrible things from happening or continuing to happen,people would feel better about the inconvenience.

They wouldn't have to be specific-just say "Since starting the daily checks we have stopped x number of human trafficking situations, x number of child abuse situations,x numberof drug trafficking situations, etc.".
Not much or you’d get sheriffs reports released on stuff the blogs would pick up a couple months later.

I’d say it’s more a deterrent and mainly just a way to make sure their rooms aren’t trashed for more than 1 day’s worth of damage. People aren’t leaving their illegal drugs out on the table or abusing their kids in view of the Disney employee taking 10 seconds to look in the room/bathroom. Human traffickers in the area would know Disney does daily checks so that’s where I suspect the deterrent part comes into play.

I think it's probably more of a legal liability thing and a deterrent than anything else. Like, "We can barge in on you at any second, so watch it."

I think it's probably more of a legal liability thing and a deterrent than anything else. Like, "We can barge in on you at any second, so watch it."
Just in case people take you literally- they don’t barge in on anyone, and if you’ve thrown your latch they physically couldn’t if they wanted to. When they do want to enter they announce themselves repeatedly and sometimes call if they want to enter and the privacy sign is out. You will have time to get yourself situated if they want entry while you’re there. It can be annoying- I’ve had repeatedly pounding on the door at POFQ and at CSR I got a call, told them yes they can come up and then 45 mins later I was still twiddling my thumbs waiting on them instead of getting my shower- but there is no unexpected barging in.

Just in case people take you literally- they don’t barge in on anyone, and if you’ve thrown your latch they physically couldn’t if they wanted to. When they do want to enter they announce themselves repeatedly and sometimes call if they want to enter and the privacy sign is out. You will have time to get yourself situated if they want entry while you’re there. It can be annoying- I’ve had repeatedly pounding on the door at POFQ and at CSR I got a call, told them yes they can come up and then 45 mins later I was still twiddling my thumbs waiting on them instead of getting my shower- but there is no unexpected barging in.

I will allow that people lie or exaggerate, but I have read way too many horror stories to think there isn't some truth that they might barge in. Too many people reporting coming out of the bathroom to find someone in their room. I'm sure those people didn't have the latch on, but still. Do I think it is common? No, but do I think it happens occasionally? Yes.

They don't always announce themselves very well or loud enough for someone who might be sleeping to hear them. The light tap tap tap with their keycard is all they do sometimes. They don't even give you enough time to get to the door before they repeat the tap tap tap. People can't teleport themselves to the door to open it.

Basically, looking for illegal activity. Great video from an ex-Disney CM who used to work in the resorts that explains below.
I assure you, based on my observations they aren't looking for anything like this. Perhaps this is the intent, but the employees actually doing the checks don't care and barely even look at anything. The last two days of our recent stay at BRV we answered the door and they just asked if we needed anything. When we said no they said they just needed to scan their key to our door. Apparently so they could check the box.

Well, just a day ago I read this article about 2 parents found passed out in their room with a 3 and 5 year-old. The article states it’s u clear who called the police, but I. Addition to finding the parents passed out, numerous alcohol containers ers in the bathroom, the children witnessed their father hitting the mother. The parents were charged with child neglect and misdemeanor assault. Ery easily could’ve been the result of a random room check🤷‍♀️
https://www.yahoo.com/news/parents-charged-child-neglect-getting-171748016.html

I will allow that people lie or exaggerate, but I have read way too many horror stories to think there isn't some truth that they might barge in. Too many people reporting coming out of the bathroom to find someone in their room. I'm sure those people didn't have the latch on, but still. Do I think it is common? No, but do I think it happens occasionally? Yes.
That can happen at any hotel to someone too dumb to throw the latch. Saw it happen to someone at Conrad on my last trip where a housekeeper knocked, entered, a yelp from inside and the housekeeper was out in a flash.

Well, just a day ago I read this article about 2 parents found passed out in their room with a 3 and 5 year-old. The article states it’s u clear who called the police, but I. Addition to finding the parents passed out, numerous alcohol containers ers in the bathroom, the children witnessed their father hitting the mother. The parents were charged with child neglect and misdemeanor assault. Ery easily could’ve been the result of a random room check🤷‍♀️
https://www.yahoo.com/news/parents-charged-child-neglect-getting-171748016.html
Disney rooms are not known for soundproofing. Between the screaming children, the screaming adults and the noise of the violence my money is on an anonymous 911 caller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter