Skyliner motion sickness?

Darth Insidious

Mouseketeer
Hi. My kids love the ski lift rides at smaller amusement parks. Turns out none of them enjoy many rides, partly due to motion sickness. I know there are a lot of other things we can do at Disney but I was thinking of some time on the Skyliner, maybe stopping for snacks or activities nearby.

I read a comment in another thread about it bobbing and making someone vomit. The girls got seasick on a small boat that bobbed a ton in the ocean. Is it like that? The point would be to do something they’d enjoy but now I’m worried it will make them sick. Any input? Thank you.

Hi. My kids love the ski lift rides at smaller amusement parks. Turns out none of them enjoy many rides, partly due to motion sickness. I know there are a lot of other things we can do at Disney but I was thinking of some time on the Skyliner, maybe stopping for snacks or activities nearby.

I read a comment in another thread about it bobbing and making someone vomit. The girls got seasick on a small boat that bobbed a ton in the ocean. Is it like that? The point would be to do something they’d enjoy but now I’m worried it will make them sick. Any input? Thank you.
My daughter and husband both get seasick and have trouble flying. Daughter also does much better in the front seat of a car or bus (she is 28 now, but this has been a lifelong thing). They both enjoy the Skyliner and have no trouble with riding it — even when it stops and sways a bit. That’s our experience. YMMV, but I’d give it a try.

I get extremely motion sick & have a severe fear of heights. I swore I was never riding the skyliner. But of course I had to try it once. I love it! It’s really very smooth. . There is a turn between Epcot & Riviera, but that is smooth also. We haven’t ridden in very windy conditions however. I’d say make sure it isn’t windy the first time you ride it & start with a shorter ride, say from Studios to CBR. If they don’t like it, you can grab a bus somewhere else.

I would recommend trying the HS to CBR line. It’s much shorter than the Epcot line and is basically a straight line to CBR station. If they are okay with ski lifts should probably be okay on Skyliner. It may rock a little but it’s not a constant rocking like a boat in ocean

I don’t do heights. We have 14’ ceilings in the house and I hold the ladder for my wife to change a light bulb. Lol. I don’t go on boats either, I can get seasick in a pool.
The only time it ever bothered me, and I just started playing on my phone was it came to a stop, only for about two minutes and there were 36 mph wind gust. The bouncing I don’t mind but the bouncing and swaying, I had to look away. Other people say to focus on something in the distance and I use to ride it just about every day. The highest line is the line between Caribean Beach and Riviera. Your about 80 feet at the heights point and I was perfectly fine.
If my feet were dangling it would be a different story but I’m enclosed so I’m fine.
Like posted before, try one of the shorter routes first.
You could always tell when it was windy, just sayin. Lol
Everyone is different.
Another good tip while you’re exploring you first flights, no full stomach and not after an all day drinking around the world is never a good idea. Lol

There is very little motion on the skyliner. The only real bobbing is when it enters or leaves the station. That will last about 5 seconds. Its really a smooth ride,

I have pretty serious motion sickness and don't have any problems on the skyliner. I do recommend Dramamine (regular or nondrowsy) if you think it might be an issue. I can ride most rides if I take Dramamine (regular).

Thank you all! I’ll take the advice of the shortest trip first, on a non-windy day.

I suspect they’ll love it. I hope so!
Have them take whatever you have them on for motion sickness. I can’t imagine being so motion sick prone I couldn’t do like any rides at Disney world, yikes that’s sensitive. I have to take my Bonine for Skyliner. Tried it once without and that slight but repetitive swaying just about made me throw up when our line stopped for a few minutes.

Have them take whatever you have them on for motion sickness. I can’t imagine being so motion sick prone I couldn’t do like any rides at Disney world, yikes that’s sensitive. I have to take my Bonine for Skyliner. Tried it once without and that slight but repetitive swaying just about made me throw up when our line stopped for a few minutes.
Thank you. They don’t normally need motion sickness meds for the car. The youngest feels sick in the middle seat but does fine on the sides. We don’t normally go on boats so it hasn’t been an issue. I’ll talk to the pediatrician though.

Thank you. They don’t normally need motion sickness meds for the car. The youngest feels sick in the middle seat but does fine on the sides. We don’t normally go on boats so it hasn’t been an issue. I’ll talk to the pediatrician though.
Dramamine makes a kids motion sickness med. We are going to get some to have on hand for our trip in January. The 7 year old has never been on a plane or to an amusement park, so better safe than sorry. I get motion sick very, VERY easily. I wish they'd had a kids Dramamine when I was young. I can't tell you how miserable it is to be motion sick all afternoon, cuz it's not like the sickness stops when you get off the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter