Slavik - Problems with codes in Posts instead of punctuation plus picture count issue

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
@Slavik, I was wondering if any resolution was found to the issue of the formatting on some Trip Reports that were typed in Word, then cut and pasted to the DISBoards editor having numeric codes instead of the punctuation (I've also noticed problems with some font tags). My main concern right now is that the max number of pictures in a post has been reduced from 25 to 20, which means people can't edit their Reports without deleting 5 photos from each post. Any chance of getting at least the picture count fixed?

Thanks!
Sayhello

Last edited:

I just realized I have this problem too. :sad2: Here's an example post:

I Like Warm Hugs! - Mommy/Toddler Trip ~ Updated 1/27: I Could Kiss You! - 2 Parts

I really hope this can be corrected, because that is going to be a TON of work to fix all my posts (I almost always write updates in Word and copy in).

I kind-of feel like we need a special Trip Report Issue section here, as I think we have some unique needs vs. some of the other forums (and have invested significant time into our threads). I'm also following the thread about font sizes getting smaller. Glad to hear that the 25 image limit is back, though. :thumbsup2

This code issue extends far beyond Trip Reports, sadly, Trip Reports are a likely target of the code issue because they involve a lot of text and many people type up that text in Word.

In my case, I have put countless hours into my Halloween Time and Christmas/Holiday Season Superthreads (for the last 5 years), and I have laboriously typed up text in Word and categorized many links to many posts and articles for reference. My threads are full of text (and photos), and people who are planning trips to Disneyland Resort for either Halloween Time or the holiday season come to my threads year-round to learn about what to expect and what to look forward to.

Many of my posts on the first pages of my Superthreads have now become afflicted with the dreaded code issue where there should be punctuation. To go through and fix all of that would simply crush me, and I probably wouldn't have the patience or time for it. And yet, if it's not fixed, it remains a jumbled, garbled mess. I pray that it can be fixed.

Also in my Superthreads, in some of the posts the font size got much smaller. In other posts it stayed a reasonable size.

As for the photo limit issue -- I didn't even know it had been reduced to 20 at any point, and then restored to 25. So I have no idea what happened to all of my many, many posts in my threads that had 25 photos. I don't know if 5 of those photos disappeared and then returned, or if they were just wiped out completely? I'm almost afraid to check and see what's there and what's missing.

As for the photo limit issue -- I didn't even know it had been reduced to 20 at any point, and then restored to 25. So I have no idea what happened to all of my many, many posts in my threads that had 25 photos. I don't know if 5 of those photos disappeared and then returned, or if they were just wiped out completely? I'm almost afraid to check and see what's there and what's missing.
You would have only had a problem if you tried to edit one of your posts while the limit was set to 20, and then tried to save it. It wouldn't have let you save the changes without deleting 5 photos. Nothing happened to posts that weren't edited and saved during that period.

Sayhello

You would have only had a problem if you tried to edit one of your posts while the limit was set to 20, and then tried to save it. It wouldn't have let you save the changes without deleting 5 photos. Nothing happened to posts that weren't edited and saved during that period.

Sayhello

Okay, thank you. That's good to know! I did not edit any of the posts with 25 photos, thankfully -- not even the ones with the wonky codes where there should be punctuation. Alex suggested to not change anything yet, when they're going to try to fix it, so I didn't change anything in the posts. All I 'fixed' was my avatar (the old picture vanished), and I removed the two words that were left of my old tag.

Hey,

I have worked up a solution, however I need to re-work how it works as the size of this board makes things more technically challenging.

My posts don't even have any pseudo-codes showing, all the punctuation (i.e. open/close single & double quotes) is simply not visible at all. e.g. Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2015. So there do seem to be at least two variants of the problem.

Andre

I noticed I have some of this too. The post right after my example one above (in my TR) is like this. And the odd thing is that I posted both of them the same night and in the same way (from Word).

Hope the solution can work things out for both scenarios!

Just to let you guys know our testing went well and are now running the fix on the live boards. Hopefully within 24 hours this issue will be completely resolved. Posts with an ID of under 7.5 Million will already be fixed as of this post.

Just to let you guys know our testing went well and are now running the fix on the live boards. Hopefully within 24 hours this issue will be completely resolved. Posts with an ID of under 7.5 Million will already be fixed as of this post.
YAY!!! Thanks Slavik! You guys are great! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Thanks for letting us know. I assume the process is still running (there's a lot to scan I'm sure!) as my Port Orleans FAQ threads are still missing their open/close single/double quotes at present. I'll check again in the morning.

Andre

I see that my post above with the crazy symbols was fixed, but the post I mentioned below that (the very next trip report update in that thread) is still missing all the apostrophes and such, FYI.

Thanks for the update. When I last checked and downloaded those posts back to my PC, there was some sort of null code present instead of the punctuation marks, so given a bit of time I can manually search & replace them. I didn't do it before as we were advised to wait and see if it could be fixed globally first.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter