Sleepy and Grumpy visit Tatooine–A SWW TR! - The End - All done and Link to new TR

I'm late! I'm late!

Dang internet! Sorry for being off the air and I'm really not sure how stable my connection is going to be today. We came home to internet issues and I'm definitely all twitchy with withdrawal symptoms.

Anyway.....love the updates!

I know I took pictures outside HM but somehow, I don't have them in my collection and can only assume that they were so dark that I deleted them. I haven't checked DH's camera yet. Perhaps there are more pictures there. At least, I can only hope.

Your pictures are great. I've really enjoyed looking at them and reliving the trip. I've made the Char Kaoy Teow this weekend; so I should get round to posting the recipe when our internet connection is fixed.

That guide on the Queen Mary was very entertaining. Glad you got a picture of DS on the piano. :thumbsup2

So.....Ralph's are really discounting stuff now? Hope you stock up on the essentials. :thumbsup2

Holy caught up. :thumbsup2

Discount booze? I need to get back to CA!

Love love love the RSR pic. So cute!

Lunch at Casa Nueva looks amazing. What a fun afternoon with good friends.

Holy caught up. :thumbsup2

Discount booze? I need to get back to CA!

Love love love the RSR pic. So cute!

Lunch at Casa Nueva looks amazing. What a fun afternoon with good friends.

It was great!

I'm late! I'm late!

Dang internet! Sorry for being off the air and I'm really not sure how stable my connection is going to be today. We came home to internet issues and I'm definitely all twitchy with withdrawal symptoms.

Anyway.....love the updates!

I know I took pictures outside HM but somehow, I don't have them in my collection and can only assume that they were so dark that I deleted them. I haven't checked DH's camera yet. Perhaps there are more pictures there. At least, I can only hope.

Your pictures are great. I've really enjoyed looking at them and reliving the trip. I've made the Char Kaoy Teow this weekend; so I should get round to posting the recipe when our internet connection is fixed.

That guide on the Queen Mary was very entertaining. Glad you got a picture of DS on the piano. :thumbsup2

I think the picture of us in on your DH's Camera. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures I posted.

I'm sorry. There were like 4 updates there, but I'm still stuck on one of the first lines you wrote... clearance liquor. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Looks like a good time in Disneyland. The Queen Mary looks kind of cool. We won't have a lot of time, but we might look into checking it out if it can work out for us.

So.....Ralph's are really discounting stuff now? Hope you stock up on the essentials. :thumbsup2

OK since you two are focused on our trip to Ralph's here it is.

These are the premixed beverages that we got.

This is the Vodka and Rum that we picked up.

And the tequila and cordials.

I'm not exactly sure how long this all will last us, but I'm guess quite a while, years...we are not heavy drinkers. I drink wine, but not liquor, at least much. Yikes!

Thank you so much :goodvibes Once it gets closer and flights get booked I'll have a clearer vision of the time frame. Just in case I'm still at this job I put in a vacation request already for 10/14-10/25. I think Jenny and crew will be getting to DL 10/15, so maybe that first night or post cruise. With all that time we'll definitely be able to coordinate something.

We'll work it out! :goodvibes

I checked DH's camera. There's one there of the 3 of us outside the HM. :thumbsup2

Holy ethanol, Batgirl! That's a lot of grog. Enjoy!

I checked DH's camera. There's one there of the 3 of us outside the HM. :thumbsup2

Holy ethanol, Batgirl! That's a lot of grog. Enjoy!

I know! There is tequila to last a lifetime! I don't even drink the premixed stuff, way too much sugar for me! I'll let you all know if we ever have to go to the liquor store again. It kills me that I have to buy wine when we get to Florida, but even if I stuffed a box of wine into my suitcase, I would still need go to the store for soda, so why not just buy both and not worry about the extra weight in the suitcase!

Good Morning! I just read through this latest WDW adventure and it was a really fun way to spend Sunday morning with my coffee. Thanks for sharing I'm excited to read about your upcoming cruise, too. Keep the adventure coming!

Great pics and updates. It looks like a fun few days.

These are the premixed beverages that we got.

This is the Vodka and Rum that we picked up.

And the tequila and cordials.

I'm not exactly sure how long this all will last us, but I'm guess quite a while, years...we are not heavy drinkers. I drink wine, but not liquor, at least much. Yikes!

That is your story and I guess you are sticking to it. I'm going on Travelocity right now to check flights to California.

Just joining in now - late to the party as usual ;) But I always love your trip reports and am BEYOND excited to see CSR. It was (pre-DVC) our favorite resort but we haven't had a chance to stay there since I think 2010 - it's actually making me REALLY miss it seeing the pictures of the lobby and pepper market. Hmm.... May trip is VGF again, but maybe we'll have to figure out a way to include a night or two back at CSR.

Now, to get past the first pics of CSR and read the rest of the report :)

Good Morning! I just read through this latest WDW adventure and it was a really fun way to spend Sunday morning with my coffee. Thanks for sharing I'm excited to read about your upcoming cruise, too. Keep the adventure coming!

Sorry to be so late in responding! I'm glad that you enjoyed the report!

Great pics and updates. It looks like a fun few days.

Thanks!

That is your story and I guess you are sticking to it. I'm going on Travelocity right now to check flights to California.

I'd be happy to share a drink or two!

Just joining in now - late to the party as usual ;) But I always love your trip reports and am BEYOND excited to see CSR. It was (pre-DVC) our favorite resort but we haven't had a chance to stay there since I think 2010 - it's actually making me REALLY miss it seeing the pictures of the lobby and pepper market. Hmm.... May trip is VGF again, but maybe we'll have to figure out a way to include a night or two back at CSR.

Now, to get past the first pics of CSR and read the rest of the report :)

I'm glad you are enjoying reading about our trip! Thanks for joining in, better late than never!

Only two? I better bring a bottle.

When we do meet up, drinks for you and Fran are on me.

Our next trip is in just under three months from now. We arrive at WDW on April 13 and head to the Dream on the 20th. In about a month or so, I'll be starting the countdown and Trip Report.

When are you next planning to head up to Orlando?

Our next trip is in just under three months from now. We arrive at WDW on April 13 and head to the Dream on the 20th. In about a month or so, I'll be starting the countdown and Trip Report. When are you next planning to head up to Orlando?
i will look forward to your next TR. Please let us know the link when you start :-)

Just found this and need to get caught up. That certainly is a lot of liquor! :thumbsup2

I enjoyed reading about your dream home...somehow I was late to the party.

I hear your advice often: always take pictures of your food. I am trying to get caught up on posting some of those pictures lately!

We may be in WDW very near your timeframe...where will you be staying? I think we will just miss you as you set sail...

Just found this and need to get caught up. That certainly is a lot of liquor! :thumbsup2

I enjoyed reading about your dream home...somehow I was late to the party.

I hear your advice often: always take pictures of your food. I am trying to get caught up on posting some of those pictures lately!

We may be in WDW very near your timeframe...where will you be staying? I think we will just miss you as you set sail...

We will be staying at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. We leave on the 20th of April for our Dream Cruise.

I have so many pictures of my food that I've never posted. You can always make the decision of whether or not to post once you have the pictures, but if you don't take them you don't get to make the choice!

Wow! What a great report! Thank you so much for getting me through the day after ankle surgery! Your report has been a fantastic pain distraction and I can't wait to read more in the comin days (totally immobile and stuck in bed)
Love all your great pictures,especially food and fireworks. Thanks again :flower3:

Hi there! Sorry it's been so long since I've been by. I will have to check out the next report. ::yes::

Now this ride is fun, it’s not RnRC, Space Mtn or CA Screamin fun, but it’s a cute little ride. There are not a lot of jarring turns, and the fact that the cars sway too and fro makes it a little smoother than some of the other coasters. I would recommend it, but not 60 or 90 minutes worth of wait time recommend it!

When we finally get to DL, I will have to pick your brain RE: jarring or not jarring rides. DH likes roller coasters, but with his back problems he needs to be careful.

Now I have never been a fan of this parade, the quirky little musical theme. It really grates on my nerves, being a musician, I never liked synthesizers or the sound of their music, but for the sake of the pictures, I put up with it.

See, now I have a musical background, but this is all about the nostalgia for me. I remember seeing this parade as a child in WDW, so the first strains of the CD make me choke up.

but we are equal opportunity Space People

:thumbsup2

Then we headed back to the theater to hear the Nevada Pops Symphony perform music from Star Trek.

There is what your musical heart needed!

We split both the pig ears and this lobster salad. It was good, but wasn't overly special.

Yes, the Midwest is not known for it's seafood. :sad2:

They have corn coming out their wazoo in that part of the country

:thumbsup2 Now this is what we are known for!

I was surprised at how rural Ohio and Indiana were.

And Illinois. And Iowa. And Wisconsin...

So I was starting to learn that Mom & Pop places that served adult beverages were bars that had food.

And often really good food. :thumbsup2

Whole. Way. Cornfields.

Yup.

It was also disconcerting because you could go miles without finding a potty stop! :rotfl2:

Since we usually drive to WDW from IL, I can tell you that most of Florida is like this as well.

Wow! What a great report! Thank you so much for getting me through the day after ankle surgery! Your report has been a fantastic pain distraction and I can't wait to read more in the comin days (totally immobile and stuck in bed)
Love all your great pictures,especially food and fireworks. Thanks again :flower3:

I'm glad that you were able to keep yourself amused with my ramblings!

Hi there! Sorry it's been so long since I've been by. I will have to check out the next report. ::yes::

That's OK, the reports aren't going anywhere.

When we finally get to DL, I will have to pick your brain RE: jarring or not jarring rides. DH likes roller coasters, but with his back problems he needs to be careful.

I'll be happy to give you whatever knowledge I can. I'll even come out an meet you and go on rides for a day!

See, now I have a musical background, but this is all about the nostalgia for me. I remember seeing this parade as a child in WDW, so the first strains of the CD make me choke up.

The first time I heard the song for the parade was in college when I moved to Southern California. I was a music major and my first few years of school, I was really a musical snob and I discounted lots "music" as not at all music. I still don't consider rap as a form of music.

There is what your musical heart needed!

It was a really good concert.

Yes, the Midwest is not known for it's seafood. :sad2:

But the pork products were outstanding.

:thumbsup2 Now this is what we are known for!

I could tell!

And Illinois. And Iowa. And Wisconsin...

I have not yet visited those state.

And often really good food. :thumbsup2

Unfortunately we didn't come across any that had really good food. Most of the places we ate were adequate at best.

Since we usually drive to WDW from IL, I can tell you that most of Florida is like this as well.

The only part of California that is like that is parts of the Central Valley, and the roads to Nevada and Arizona.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter