Sleepy and Grumpy visit Tatooine–A SWW TR! - The End - All done and Link to new TR

Cool pics on 7DMT! So looking forward to riding this in January.

What an interesting dish at BoG! I haven't started my PTR yet for January (rolleyes), but I got an ADR here for dinner! Looking forward to having an alcoholic beverage here

Cute photo with the Beast!

Whaaa?! How do you not like the MSEP!? It's classic! And you did get some great shots the second time around :thumbsup2

What a fun TR! I'd love to get back and do SWW one day as a 'redo'. Still kicking myself that I went during that week and had no idea what was going on.

Looking forward to your future TR's! :goodvibes

My favorite parade of all time. :thumbsup2 Great photos lady.

Another fabulous trip report for the books. Thank you for always sharing with wonderful photos and detailed commentary. :goodvibes

Your parade and fireworks photos have come out really well. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at them. I am glad that you got to play The Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. I love that game. I think I better bring my doubles when I come to California in November in case Fran does not have some of them.

Thanks so much for sharing. I really enjoyed reading the trip report.

Corinna

It just occurred to me that even though I've "known" you for a while here on the DIS, I've never really joined in on one your TRs. (Though I've lurked around you home improvement project - geez that sounds kind of creepy.:goodvibes) Guess I'm joining this one right at the end! Oh well, it'll give me something to do to pass the time until we head to WDW in a few weeks. You might get some weirdly old comments if I see something I might want to comment on...;)

We were done with dinner by 7:30 and the parade started at 9PM, kind of a long time to wait, but you know how it is when you have a goal?

Is that when the 3 o'clock parade starts?

They agreed and we had nice parade companions. Not like the many families who tried to camp out in front of the rope in front of us.

Don't you just love people? :sad2:

By this time it was really late, and we still had more packing and a DME to catch the next day. But we couldn’t resist finishing out the game and saving the puppies once and for all! It was a lot of fun and just like Fran, she got into the spirit of it and purchased about five more sets of cards and a book to store them in. Next time when we go back we can start a new adventure, I think it’s in Frontierland, but I could be mistaken.

Glad you finally got to try it out! My kids really enjoyed that game.

Once we got home, the kitties were all glad to see us. Usually they turn up their noses at us for a few days to punish us for being gone but not this time. I guess that they knew something was afoot!

I think they were just glad not to be locked in the garage. :rolleyes1

We love, love, loved Star Wars weekends!

It looked like a lot of fun!

It’s funny how my parents think a trip to WDW is just a trip to WDW because I can’t begin to tell you how different this trip was from the one we took in October 2013. Nor can I even compare those two trips to the one from Jan/Feb 2013, your resort, ADRs, companions and park plans can change everything about a trip. Not one of the last three trips was at all the same and I suspect the next one will again be completely different.

Some people will just never understand!

So with that having been said, this trip report is all done! As they say in Hollywood, “It’s a wrap!”

Thanks for taking us along for the ride! It was great to get a peek inside the Grand Floridian Villas, or as I like to refer to them, Places I'll Never Stay. :rotfl2: It's been great getting to know you!

Thanks for being our tour guide on another of your adventures. One of these days, the planets will align and our trips intersect. We can then meet up, have adult beverages and I am sure more than a few laughs. I'll even buy the first round or two.

Fabulous pictures of the MSEP! I'm sorry you don't like the music though. Love that you played the Sorcerer game til late, too cute :)

You're so right, every trip to WDW is different.

Thank you again for spending some time with me, that was wonderful to get together again and a very delicious meal popcorn::

Great trip, thank you for sharing it with us!

I'm looking forward to the next segment of the game. It was lots of fun. I loved spending time with you, I'm looking forward to our cruise next year and hopefully you can spend a few nights at our house either before or after!

Hope you are able to get an easier time for BoG restaurant reservation.

Very nice pictures from MSEP. It is so nice to see the MSEP at the MK and I do miss it at the DLR. It will be nice one day if the MSEP to return to the DLR. But I am also looking to hear if the DLR is going to do something special for the 60th Anniversary next year.

I completely agree that every trip is different from the experience.

I really enjoyed reading your latest WDW trip report. The Star Wars Weekend is one special events that I will want to try at WDW. But I don't think my family members will want to go to Florida during those hot times.

Great report. :thumbsup2

I hope that it is easier to get BoG this next time too! We already have our reservations at the VGC for the 60th birthday next year.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading along!

Lovely pictures of MSEP.

What a great trip and I'm totally envious. I really wish I could go to a SWW at some stage.

And here's to many more for you. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! Who knows maybe someday, however, you do have a bigger challenge as you live a little farther away.

Oh dear! :dance3:

you've done it again!

Love the pictures you got the first round - I will agree with you about the music, but the way they create the floats, the lights look stunning! OK< guess I have to make room for this.... AND sorcerer's cards? Really? :rolleyes1

I've managed to stay away from that game! :rotfl2: but in thinking of the planning, and doing "other things" I may now have to add the cards to the list!

Glad your kitties enjoyed their time, I imagine they are loving their new digs! (I had to read your saga on your home - Love the walk in fridge, and of course your wine -- I really enjoyed it, hope your Sleep Bed is still all that its supposed to be, we may have to switch from our waterbed! :rotfl2:)

I really enjoy the floats once I can get past the electronic music. The game is really fun, I've seen others of my friends play it in their TRs so I had to try it out.

I'm glad you're enjoying the house thread. I'm hoping that I'll have lots to add to it in the next couple weeks, but a lot of what we're doing is not TR worthy right now. I :love: LOVE :cloud9: :lovestruc our sleep number bed. The massage feature is heavenly and it's so nice and comfy. The only problem is that the kitties like my sleep number better than Fran's so they all crowd my side of the bed cause it's softer! :rotfl2:

Cool pics on 7DMT! So looking forward to riding this in January.

What an interesting dish at BoG! I haven't started my PTR yet for January (rolleyes), but I got an ADR here for dinner! Looking forward to having an alcoholic beverage here

Cute photo with the Beast!

Whaaa?! How do you not like the MSEP!? It's classic! And you did get some great shots the second time around :thumbsup2

What a fun TR! I'd love to get back and do SWW one day as a 'redo'. Still kicking myself that I went during that week and had no idea what was going on.

Looking forward to your future TR's! :goodvibes

I'm sure you'll enjoy the 7DMT, just try and get a FP+ so you don't have to wait.

I love stuff in a puff pastry shell. My figure doesn't! :lmao:

It's the music for MSEP that I can't stand. The floats are starting to grow on me.

I've got some bonus features coming up before I'm ready for another TR.

My favorite parade of all time. :thumbsup2 Great photos lady.

Another fabulous trip report for the books. Thank you for always sharing with wonderful photos and detailed commentary. :goodvibes

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Fran likes it that I do these TRs and share it all with you. Now I'm not lugging my photo albums everywhere and subjecting my friends in 3D to look at my pictures.

Your parade and fireworks photos have come out really well. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at them. I am glad that you got to play The Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. I love that game. I think I better bring my doubles when I come to California in November in case Fran does not have some of them.

Thanks so much for sharing. I really enjoyed reading the trip report.

Corinna

Thank you! I'll have to put ours in the book so we see what we have when you come out. Looking forward to seeing you in a couple months!

It just occurred to me that even though I've "known" you for a while here on the DIS, I've never really joined in on one your TRs. (Though I've lurked around you home improvement project - geez that sounds kind of creepy.:goodvibes) Guess I'm joining this one right at the end! Oh well, it'll give me something to do to pass the time until we head to WDW in a few weeks. You might get some weirdly old comments if I see something I might want to comment on...;)

:welcome: Pete! I'm going to have to drop over to your PTR and sub in. I tried to read it when you started it (after the ABD trip) and I think you were already 16 pages into it. I just never got caught up to sub in, but I'm looking forward to some F&W TRs! I won't be going again until 2016, so I need to keep current on what is new and what is discontinued.

I'll be over there soon. :moped:..............................

Is that when the 3 o'clock parade starts?

::yes::

Don't you just love people? :sad2:

:furious:

Glad you finally got to try it out! My kids really enjoyed that game.

Yeah, why do people think that these things are only for kids. We had great fun!

I think they were just glad not to be locked in the garage. :rolleyes1

Ouch! And for the record that was just Pepper. :rolleyes1

It looked like a lot of fun!

Some people will just never understand!

Yeah, especially my parents, they just don't get Disney.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride! It was great to get a peek inside the Grand Floridian Villas, or as I like to refer to them, Places I'll Never Stay. :rotfl2: It's been great getting to know you!

You're funny! I'm glad you came along for the ride. Hopefully you'll enjoy the bonus tracks while I wait for an appropriate time to start the next TR.

Thanks for being our tour guide on another of your adventures. One of these days, the planets will align and our trips intersect. We can then meet up, have adult beverages and I am sure more than a few laughs. I'll even buy the first round or two.

That would be cool if our trips aligned I would enjoy meeting up and having a drink. What city do you live in? I know you're a few hours south of Orlando. If you're in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area perhaps we might have an opportunity to say "Hello" sooner rather than later. I'll be there in about a month.

Since I’ve wrapped up the real TR and I’m not quite ready to start my TR for the Cruise, I thought I would give you guys a sort of “What I did this summer” kind of deal. You know when the kids go back to school, (at least when I was in school) we sort of wrote an essay about what we did for the summer. But first I thought I would sort of give everyone a life update.

Most of you know in the past year, we purchased a new house and many of you are even following our trials and tribulations over on the house thread. For those who don’t know, we make our living in the apartment rental business. We are not slum lords, in fact we have some pretty nice properties. Once we’re out of our old apartments, they will be rehabbed and rented. In the meantime, our tenant of 8 ½ years in the front unit of the duplex on 1st street bought her own house and moved out. So we have time before the contractors will be ready to work on our old apartments, while he fixes up that place. It has the same kitchen as when it was built in the 1950s.

So in the next couple months, we need to get the rest of our cra…er precious items out of the old house, have an estate sale and get the contractors in there working. We’ve got a lot of work ahead of us. Not only are we getting the stuff we want to keep out of the old house, but we are getting all the things we’ve always wanted to display out of storage and trying to find places on the wall for paintings and locations in the cabinets for figures. It doesn’t sound like a lot of work, but when you combine all the various factors it can be quite taxing. Balancing the moving out and moving in along with daily life sustaining tasks is about all that we can take.

The challenge and dilemma is that every day that goes by without a tenant in these units is money lost out of our pockets. While it is a pain in the butt to get our stuff out of the old house and move, we are losing money every day that we don’t. So for the next however many months until we’re done, moving our precious items out of the old house will be the focus of the day.

Back to the fun stuff which kept us from the task at hand which is now our main focus. I told you a while back about the car club meet. When we came back from the car club meet, Alicia and her DH helped to rescue us from our plight with the classic car. The next day I went out to the park to meet her and her DH for a fun day. You can read all about it on her TR, here is a link to the first post, and you can just follow along from there if you haven’t read it already. That was Monday. On Wednesday the Disneyana convention started.

Wed July 16

We had been at the park picking up some LE merchandise that day so it was a quick drive down Harbor Blvd to the Wyndam hotel where most of the convention took place. The dinner that night was a benefit for the Ryman Arts Foundation. It was also in honor of Donald Duck's 60th birthday. Artist Joe Yankovetic was on stage painting while we enjoyed our meal. I wish I'd taken a few pictures at the beginning, but I really didn’t intend to do a full on TR. (I still don’t) He began with a blank canvas and this is what came of it. This picture sold for $1100 that night.

Dessert was so cute, I couldn’t resist taking a picture of it.

The majority of the evening was spent on the auction. About halfway through I couldn't hold my head up any longer and my eyes were drooping shut so I went out to the car to sleep. Probably a big mistake beacuse Fran ended up with a Donald Duck watch, a gift basket assembled with Tokyo Disney items and a Donald Duck picture on canvas. I came back to help her carry her loot and then we were headed back home to feed the cats and hit the hay.

Thursday, July 17

Thursday was an easy day. There was a luncheon at the Disneyland Hotel featuring the Mouseketeers. They did a little show and talked about their lives and how their lives were forever changed by their Disney experience and Walt.

After lunch members of the organization benefiting from the luncheon spoke. A Minor Consideration, it’s a group advocating rights for child actors. The founder was so dedicated to the kids he told a story of how he took in a child actress in the middle of the night when she was kicked out of rehab and helped her transition into another treatment program.

To close out the afternoon they held an auction with the proceeds benefiting the child actors charity. We ended up with a large copy of the Herb Ryman drawing Disney used to submit his plans to build Disneyland to the New York bankers.

Once we finished at the Disneyland Hotel we had a little shopping in the parks to do. The day before when we had been there picking up the LE merchandise a CM at the Disneyana store (they kinda know us there) let Fran know that they had received a new Maggie Parr painting and it would be going on display this day. She also mentioned she had #1 and Fran had her put it aside so that we could pick it up this day as the day before we didn't have time for them to check it and package it properly.

We also had another picture to get. If you recall from our last day of the WDW trip I had seen the picture "Marie and the Butterfly". I wasn’t sure how bad I wanted that one on the trip, but when we saw it hanging in Off the Page the day before, I decided we had to come back and get it when we picked up Fran's picture. We got my picture first and I was really getting tired. Fran said that I could wait for her by the turnstiles while she went into DL to get her picture. It turns out that some other ladies from the Disneyana Convention were waiting for some friends so that they could go into the park that day. I struck up a conversation with the one who was dressed completely identically to me. She was the auction coordinator and she gave me a whole bunch of pointers about the show and how it played out and when to expect it next year. Eventually Fran came back with her picture and we headed home.

Friday, July 18

The next morning should have been an early day but we were just too tired to get up and going at 7:00AM so we blew off the morning presentations. See why its so important to stay on site for these things? At noon they were having a lunch with a Legend. Disneyana has their own "Legends" program where they give out plaques and honor great folks for their performance.

The first gentleman who spoke was one of the first African-American animators to work in the halls of Disney. His name was Floyd Norman. He talked about being one of the "second generation". The nine old men were definitely established and while none of them were planning on retirement any time soon, they were all well aware that they needed to pass on their legacy to a new crop of animators. He and his friends were a number of "kids" that had just come out of Cal Arts, they were barely 20 and as far as they were concerned they were working with and for Demi Gods. His first project was Sleeping Beauty, he also worked on Lady and the Tramp, and Mary Poppins to name a few. He was assisting one of the main animators by doing backgrounds on his first job..

He talked about Walt and like other folks he never received a compliment directly from Mr. Disney. He did have a funny story to tell. Every day Walt Disney would have two Bran Muffins sent up to his office. Evidently there were there for him if he wanted, but there were occasionally times when he would not eat them. Our gentleman found this out from Walt's secretary one time when he was called to the office for a meeting or new assignment. Since he didn't want to let perfectly fine baked goods go to waste and it was later in the day, he decided to give those bran muffins to a good cause, his lunch. He continued to check for the muffins after that. Sometimes they were there, sometimes they weren't. He would eat Walt's unwanted Bran Muffins for him whenever they were left. Until the day when Walt wanted them. He didn't elaborate on the details, but he did say that he never touched those muffins again.

He continued to work for Disney for the rest of the 20th century, sometimes taking on work at Pixar. I believe he said that he worked on all the Toy Story movies plus a few others. While he really enjoyed working with the folks at Pixar it just became increasingly difficult to be away from home for long periods of time. He did say that for Toy Story Three (I think it was) they just needed a small bit of animation and they asked him and another animator to work on it. They left early on a Friday, flew from Burbank to Oakland, worked the weekend through and came back to Disney Monday afternoon. He said that no one even noticed that they were gone. He was quite entertaining to listen to, but soon his time was over and our next guest took the stage.

This was Donny who was a Mouseketeer, he wasn’t at the lunch on Thursday. He told us his story of how he was contracted. Evidently he was a little older than some of the kids. He was already working in Hollywood and had an agent. I don't remember if the agent applied the pressure or if it was the casting director. I believe it was the casting director who wanted him. Donny was much more interested in work along the lines that he had already been doing and not some "Mickey Mouse Club" show for little kids. He tried to politely decline the role, but was told that if he didn't take the part, whoever it was would see that he wouldn't work again in this town. Evidently people had that kind of power back then. He agreed to do it with his agent, besides how long could this run? A year maybe two? Then he said, "And here I am sitting in front of you all today."

He had some fun stories, but since I didn't take notes and just relaxed during these presentations I don't remember much. He did mention having a crush on Annette and on air I guess they had their first kiss but he realized later that she wasn't the gal for him. Besides she was a couple years older than he and at that time, it just wasn't done

There was a silent auction here as well and I think we got a Disneyland back pack and a rolodex with Mickey hands. Evidently Fran only wanted the rolodex, but the backpack worked out great for us on the Midwestern road trip.

Following lunch there were two interesting panels that we wanted to attend. The first was on Walt and the South American trip. Evidently because WWII was in full swing and the US Government feared that Nazi influence might spread to South America. They were offering grants/ loans to movie companies to create films that would endear the people of South Americans to us folks up in the USA.

The first presentation was a lot of pictures of the traveling party that went to SA. Of course Walt and Lillian were there, along with Paul and Mary Blair, Herb Ryman and Life photographer, Hart Preston. Since I didn't take notes, if you would like more information check out this link.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2008/11/walt-disney-and-animation-artists-in.html?m=1

Most of the pictures they showed us can be found there. The gist of this was that we got Saludos Amigos out of this trip and later a few more shorts. Jose Carioca and Panchito were born of this endeavor and the people of South America loved the film. Another success for Walt. These were the two guys giving the presentation, they made the costume changes at key points in the presentation to illustrate the characters in Saludos Amigos.

After that Joe Yakovetic took the stage and drew for us while he talked about his various jobs with Disney. He was not really an “employee” but more an independent contractor who took on many projects. Again it’s been too long since to remember distinct details of his discussions, but while he was drawing a figure on the stage, he would tell us the story of how this character was a part of his professional life.

As he drew this series, he talked about how he had illustrated a series of books about the Little Mermaid.

He drew Goofy for us.

OK, is this one of the dwarves?

And Tinkerbell

It was fun to listen to his stories and watch him draw. All these pictures took him less than an hour to draw and I think they were either auctioned off at a later panel or sold at the Expo on Sunday.

That night there was an auction being hosted by a private auction company, however we decided not to attend. We had an invite to a better place. After a long rehab and complete makeover, there was a restaurant having a grand opening. While we didn’t have a reservation, we did have a friend who could get us into the new “Jazz Lounge” to check it out.

The place was hoppin when we first got there, but soon dining reservations were called and folks were seated.

By the time we left the place was almost empty.

They have a limited bar menu and an extensive drink menu, we made our dinner out of appetizers that night.

And I enjoyed this tiny and overpriced dessert.

We had another day at Disneyana the next day so we went back home, again late.

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

Saturday, July 19

We didn’t get out to the Disneyana Convention until the afternoon. Those of you familiar with our new house and the KVC also know Olga. She had lost a lot of weight and the vet was going out of town the following week, so Saturday morning was the only time she could squeeze us in. We arrived just in time for the afternoon sessions.

The first afternoon session was a great panel on Knott's Berry Farm and Disney. For those not familiar with the history of Knott's, Walter Knott did not invent the Boysenberry, he just learned to grow and market it. After being gifted with the last few clippings of Boysenberries from Rudolph Boysen, the Boysenberry became one of the offerings at their roadside berry stand on Highway 39. It was 1934 when Cordelia reluctantly began to serve homemade fried chicken dinner on her wedding China in an effort to make ends meet. The rest is history and you can read about it here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Knott's_Berry_Farm

Suffice to say that Mrs. Knott's chicken dinner is still an excellent value, if you're willing to wait the hour or so to be seated. But I'm going to tell you about all the neat Disney connections with Knott's that they discussed in the presentation.

The Chicken Dinner restaurant became wildly popular since it was on the main road from Los Angeles to the OC beaches. Without freeways the drive was two hours and the restaurant was a great spot to break up the drive. But what were all the folks to do while waiting for their supper? The Ghost town was the first part of the expansion, and when he built it he called the thoroughfare “Main Street”. He also put a train around the perimeter of his property as part of the “attractions” to keep people busy while waiting for dinner.

It’s been too long since I heard the talk for me to really remember all the things he talked about. The presenter’s name was Eric Lynxweller and he Co Authored a book called “Knott’s Preserved”, if you’re interested in more in depth information, otherwise, I’ll just tell you the highlights that I remember.

As Disney and Walter Knott were friends (the Knotts attended the opening of Disneyland), Knott invited him to try his new Calico Mine Train when it opened. It incorporated many innovative designs, such as being the first attraction to incorporate a hidden switchback queue. When Walt Disney came to ride he was astonished enough to exclaim "You old S.O.B!" because the trail was obscured, it appeared to have a shorter wait than actual, which is now the industry standard.

There were quite a few other things which ride designers pioneered at Knott’s that the Disney Imagineers ended up perfecting, but they escape my mind now. Oh yeah, Knott’s had smellavision (think oranges and pine trees on Soarin’). It was not by design, but in the flume ride, they couldn’t get the smell of the pine out of the ride in several places! :rotfl2: For the entire hour long presentation, Lynxweller, brought up many examples of how Knott’s created so many things we all think that Disney developed. Disney just learned to perfect them. It was a fascinating session.

I’m not sure what the fascination with “Match Game” is this summer, but just the week before we had seen a version of this 70s TV Game Show and here it was again. They had fun Disney related questions and the panelists were all pretty funny. It was cute and entertaining, but not the highlight of the day. We did however win a set of “cannisters” in one of the silent auctions that day. While they are not filled with any sorts of baking or beverage making substances, they do make a beautiful accent to the kitchen counter of my new house.

Next they had some folks from "ToursDepartingDaily.com" who talked about their photography and how their little blog had turned into a huge business and they had thousands of followers. Their pictures were very beautiful, they used a digital enhancement called High Dynamic Range or HDR Photography. Their website has a tutorial on how to use it and perhaps if my life ever slows down, I might investigate the possibility, but right now I prefer my unenhanced photos.

Following their presentation there was a “no host” cocktail reception while we waited for the dinner at 6:30PM. We chatted with our new friends and admired the costumes for the upcoming contest that night. The theme was Mary Poppins.

There were a number of special guests at the dinner. One guest was Robbie Sherman. He was promoting his new book, and he played a few of his father’s songs on the piano. It was kind of cute because whereas Richard Sherman knows his pieces backwards and forwards, his nephew really needed the music and wasn’t all that familiar with the songs. He was definitely a talented musician though.

Then we had another guest, Karen Dotrice. She played Jane Banks in Mary Poppins. She talked all about what it was like to be a child actress for Mr. Disney and how famously they were treated and all sorts of little stories about the making of the film.

It was an enjoyable evening, but we had some shopping to do so we headed off to the hotel part of the building. You see one feature of the Disneyana Convention is that folks can bring their own private Disney collections / stash and offer them to other Disney fans at a price. There is a hospitality room in the lobby where folks post their room numbers so that everyone knows where to find them. They display their treasures anywhere they can, on the beds, in the closets, on the dressers and nightstands. Some folks even brought their own display cabinets. We spent about an hour visiting various rooms, and ended up with some juice glasses featuring Winnie the Pooh on them, and a box of about 20 Disney CDs. Then we again headed home because we had to be there early the next morning.

Sunday, July 20

The last day of the Disneyana Convention is always the Expo. This is when all the vendors of Disney products showcase their wares. It’s also a great place for Disney collectors who are liquidating their collections to get a fair price on their items. There were two large rooms filled with goodies, most of the folks who were present for the seminars, banquets, etc had booths and were selling, books, memoirs, CDs or just signing autographs. Bill Farmer, the voice of Goofy, was there, as well as the guy who voiced Berlioz in the Aristocats.

We had to be there early as only Disneyana Conventionears were allowed in between 9-10AM, then from 10AM-11AM Disneyana Fan Club members were allowed in. After 11AM the general public was allowed in. I didn’t take a lot of pictures, in fact, I only got three. One booth was selling vintage monorail sets and I thought this giant monorail set up was really cool. The view of the booth behind the monorail booth gives you an idea of what the rest of the room looked like.

The only other photo that I took was of this guy. See the “sold” tag. Guess who he sold to!

We loaded up our car with our loot. (That Mickey wasn’t the only thing Fran found at that lady’s booth). And then we headed up the street. Earlier that day one of my friends had posted on FB that she and her family were headed to the park, so we met up with them that afternoon for some drinks, a nosh and few rides. All in all a fun and exhausting week! I had been to DLR five out of the past seven days! LOL!

That sounds like an amazing, but very tiring few days. I love the kitchen storage jars.

Corinna

Sounds like you had a great time at the Disneyana convention and you finally purchased your Marie picture.:thumbsup2

That was one heck of a week! Seems like you and Fran did real well out of the convention.

Love the pictures of the mouseketeers. Not that I know who is who! LOL.
And Jane Banks still looks like Jane Banks.

Nice wrap up!

You need to stay home a bit and get some rest! I'm exhausted just hearing about all your adventures. Good luck getting everything cleaned out of the apartments! The convention looked really interesting. Love the Knott's history.

Jill in CO

That would be cool if our trips aligned I would enjoy meeting up and having a drink. What city do you live in? I know you're a few hours south of Orlando. If you're in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area perhaps we might have an opportunity to say "Hello" sooner rather than later. I'll be there in about a month.

That would be cool. I sent you a PM.

You two had a great week of able to do all these different events. The Disneyana Convention looks great and it would have been fun to attend.

When I saw the Monorail display that looks like the original layout when the Monorail began back in 1959 (before it was expanded to the DL Hotel), that was so neat to see the vintage Monorail toy train and track layout.

Bonus material indeed! :thumbsup2 You ladies have more Disney fun than anyone I know.

How fun to see Jane Banks as an adult.

Love the canisters. :lovestruc

Your trip looks like it was a fun experience. I'm glad you were able to get your parade pictures... twice on the last night. I'd want to make that last night in MK a long one too. If you've got to leave you might as well spend as many of the last few minutes there as possible.

You've really had a busy summer! Good luck getting everything moved and organized and getting your vacant places rented out.

The Disneyana Convention looks like a lot of fun. I'm kind of sucker for the "history of" type things, so thanks for sharing!

Wow you were super tired to nap in the car! I know touring the park with us a few days before added to that. Sorry :flower3:

Cool facts about Knottsberry Farm. We haven't been since 2007 for the Halloween event they have there. Never again:scared:

What a fun convention! And love those canisters. I wouldn't put anything in them either.

Uh, you TOTALLY have enough room in your house for that monorail set!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter