Slightly Different DDE question

jorodopo

Mouseketeer
Trying to crunch numbers for the 10 day non-expiration passes vs. AP/DDE decision. As I read it, DVC gives 10% off most restaurants M-F not including alcohol. So the DDE would only give an additional 10% for the total of 20% (and include alcohol but we usually only have one drink while we are at WDW anyway).

My toddler is also not doing so well at sit down restaurants these days which may also figure into the decision. As she gets older, is there any reason I couldn't get the DDE at the very end of the AP use year and then have the DDE for almost a year when I didn't have an AP or do you need to show both cards? (we will probably not renew the AP, but use old partial 10daytickets for the 18 months following this next year.)

Not sure if I should've posted this in restaurants but since it brings in the DVC membership discount I figured this may be the better board.
Thanks,

jorodopo said:
Trying to crunch numbers for the 10 day non-expiration passes vs. AP/DDE decision. As I read it, DVC gives 10% off most restaurants M-F not including alcohol. So the DDE would only give an additional 10% for the total of 20% (and include alcohol but we usually only have one drink while we are at WDW anyway).
Most of the DVC 10% discounts are valid for lunch only. To see the difference between the DVC and DDE discounts very easily and clearly, you'll want to take a look at the chart over on All Ears -

WDW 2005 Discounts

Once the page loads, click on the link (near the top ot the page) that is entitled "Adobe PDF Tabular Guide to Dining Discounts". You'll need the Adobe Acrobat Reader software to download the chart, but if you don't already have it on your computer, it is free to download.

The chart will tell you the amount of the AP, DVC or DDE discount available at all of the WDW restaurants. You'll quickly see how much more valuable the DDE card is than just your DVC discount.

jorodopo said:
My toddler is also not doing so well at sit down restaurants these days which may also figure into the decision. As she gets older, is there any reason I couldn't get the DDE at the very end of the AP use year and then have the DDE for almost a year when I didn't have an AP or do you need to show both cards? (we will probably not renew the AP, but use old partial 10daytickets for the 18 months following this next year.)
You can do that - you do not need to show the AP with the DDE card when you are in the restaurant.

jorodopo said:
Not sure if I should've posted this in restaurants but since it brings in the DVC membership discount I figured this may be the better board.
Thanks,
You're welcome - Hope the chart helps you. I'm planning to bring it along with me on our next trip.

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter