slo’s SATURDAY poll - Shopping Malls

The Shopping Mall - How often do you go?

• Multiple times a month

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Once a month

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Once every couple months

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • 5 - 10 times a year

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • 1 - 4 times a year

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Holiday time only

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Black Friday only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only when I’m desperate

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • Never

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
Thank you for posting this - they were fun to look at.
I looked for mine, but couldn’t find them. I think they are still in my camera, which I haven’t used in over 10 years. I better charge that camera up and get everything off of it. I‘m very curious on what’s all there.
Fun times.

Get that camera, Sandy. I bet there are some good pictures in it.

I voted a few times a month. Our mall has so many stores I love: Lilly Pulitzer, Bath and BodyWorks, Yankee Candle, Athleta, Dicks, Sephora, Talbots, Tommy Bahama, Dillards, Pottery Barn, LL Bean, Old Navy, Chico's. I just like walking around sometimes.

I used to go to the Mall quite a bit - I would buy most of my clothes from Macy's. Now, I don't go too much. I do buy a lot from Torrid online and have it shipped to the store, so I have to run into the mall to pick it up, but luckily Torrid is right in one of the entrances, so it is quick to get in and out.

Speaking of Malls. This is an early photo from the Cherry Hill Mall ,one of( if not) the first in the U.S.
One visit as a pre-teen I witnessed ( with my family) a wedding party getting pictures with the foliage.:confused3 Looking back maybe that was where they met. FB_IMG_1648430665840.jpg

“Practically never” would be my answer. I relocated in 2019 and have been to two malls, one time each, in that time. Once, because I was tagging along with my husband when he had to return something he ordered online to a store location. The other was to check out our new-to-us local mall. It was one of the largest in the country when it opened and I’d heard it was still pretty nice, so I was curious to see it. Even though that mall is still doing okay by today’s mall standards, the whole thing is about to be redeveloped into a huge multi-use LiveWorkPlay development so it’s days are numbered. Multi-use developments seem to be the wave of the future — there are at least 10 that I know of going up within a 5 mile radius of my house. I wonder if they’re going to be more resilient long term or if, 20 years from now, they will be the next dying mall.

ETA: My friend and her two kids are coming to visit next month. I asked the 13 year old daughter what she wanted to do while they’re here and she replied, “Do you have a mall?” :laughing: I was surprised kids still go to malls.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter