slo’s TUESDAY 5/7 poll - Bar Soap vs Body Wash 🧼

Bar soap vs Body Wash - What do you normally use? (m.c.)

• Bar Soap always - I’m a guy

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Bar Soap always - I’m a gal

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • Body Wash always - I’m a guy

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • Body Wash always - I’m a gal

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Bar Soap sometimes - I’m a guy

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Bar Soap sometimes - I’m a gal

Votes: 22 17.6%
  • Body Wash sometimes - I’m a guy

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Body Wash sometimes - I’m a gal

Votes: 22 17.6%
  • Other - Please post your answer

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
I loved using great-smelling body washes, but then I learned (the hard way) about endocrine disruptors and the effect they can have on the body. So, these days, I either use sensitive-skin bar soaps or make my own bars.

Dr. Bonners castile soap bars, unscented. My husband uses scented bar soap, but I get weird about how it smells. I banned Irish Spring from our house, so he switched to Dial in a closed Tupperware type container. This is not a dis on Irish Spring as its used on people, but on the bars themselves causing the bathroom to smell like Irish Spring to me.

My daughters and I all use body wash. Each of us have our own bottle from bath and body works in our favorite scents. My DH would rather die than smell like vanilla sugar or flowers so he uses bar soap. One time we were out of bar soap and he washed himself with shampoo rather than use our body wash lol. My young son uses either one.

Body wash for me (Olay or Dove, whatever they sell in the huge bottles at Costco), bar soap for DH (Dove).

LOL. I use body wash, my wife uses bar soap. I have no scientific research but if I was going to guess, I would say most women prefer bar soap not body wash.
Based on what? I would say the opposite. bar soaps are too messy and slip out of my hands in the shower.

Body wash for me (Olay or Dove, whatever they sell in the huge bottles at Costco), bar soap for DH (Dove).

Based on what? I would say the opposite. bar soaps are too messy and slip out of my hands in the shower.
Based on how many more "beauty" bar soaps there are in the store marketed at women with "for women" on the label. Far more different brands and varieties than body wash, which tend to have "for men" on the label.
But I did qualify it with "no scientific research"

Depends. At home - body wash, in the RV bath soap. Mostly because I found that keeping body wash in the RV makes it super runny and messy when stored for traveling.

Bar soap for showers only here. I never felt really clean the few times I used body wash and it the times I did used it seemed like too much work.

I use body wash in both the shower and tub. DH uses bar soap. Body wash doesn't leave soap scum like bar soap does, which is an added reason to use it. :)
And this is why whoever washes the tub/shower tends to prefer the body wash, LOL.

I also can't stand the nasty little chips of bar soap that end up in a glob in the soap dish, and the slime that builds up around them, even though we use one of those bump-pillar liners to set it on. Also, full-size bar soap tends to get wasted because so much of it is melted in the dish by excess water falling on it. If I do put it in the shower I cut the bars in half and only put out half at a time, because they last longer that way.

My favorite body wash is the WalMart brand GV White Birch Water/Lavender scent. Olay makes this combination, but it's much more expensive and the scent balance is predominantly lavender, while the GV version has the birch note predominant, which I prefer. No rashes or dry skin from using the GV version; it's fine.

(True confession: I do buy nice french-milled bar soaps when I find them at a good price, but we don't wash with them. I cut them into quarters and put them in thin linen bags to use as drawer sachets to keep linens and undies smelling nice. The scent lasts a really long time; much better than traditional sachets.)

And this is why whoever washes the tub/shower tends to prefer the body wash, LOL.

I also can't stand the nasty little chips of bar soap that end up in a glob in the soap dish, and the slime that builds up around them, even though we use one of those bump-pillar liners to set it on. Also, full-size bar soap tends to get wasted because so much of it is melted in the dish by excess water falling on it. If I do put it in the shower I cut the bars in half and only put out half at a time, because they last longer that way.
The soap dish in my shower drains well, so I don't have any issues with that. No melting, no soap build up.

DH and I both use body wash, but not the same brand. We don't use the same bathroom/shower so need 2 different ones and prefer different brands.

I always use body wash. I have a variety of Bath and Body Works stuff in the closet. It seems to be a “go to” gift for me, resulting in me having quite the collection.

Body wash almost exclusively. The only time I use bar soap is in the hotels that still provide it, which is becoming increasingly rare.

My father joked that when he was growing up the family used Fels-Naptha laundry soap for baths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter