Sly tactic to push overhead cost onto the patients

😱 Why kill?

I gently wrap the insect in a napkin, with an air pocket, and take them outside.
That works, too. Spiders don't bother me. Furry critters, either, but I don't like them in the house (never been an issue in our current house). In our last house, we had a sweet but dumb cat, who would catch things without killing them, bring them inside, and lose them. Um, thanks! It was particularly funny, the time he caught a bird (didn't kill it). He was so excited, he flung it into the air with delight. The look on his face when it didn't come back down again was priceless!

DH needs to know how to do for himself. I could drop dead tomorrow and it might take him a few months to get a new wife. I say that only partially joking. He doesn’t like taking care of things for himself. I change the light bulbs, pay the bills, call the plumber, etc. I’m sure he would remarry or have his executive assistant do those things.
Are you married to my husband???? I do all that stuff too. I also fill out his medical forms if the send them ahead of time. I've probably signed his name on more paperwork than he has. He works long hours, so I don't really mind doing this sort of stuff. In all seriousness, I do sometimes worry about what would happen if I dropped dead. DH wouldn't even know how to log into the bank account to check the balance.

In all seriousness, I do sometimes worry about what would happen if I dropped dead. DH wouldn't even know how to log into the bank account to check the balance.
My husband knows that his ATM card works at the blue bank. (The blue bank is now purple because of a rebranding, but luckily he thinks it's still blue. 😊) But that's about all he knows.

I just printed out a mortgage application for my husband's new doctor appointment tomorrow. About 12 pages I tell you. If it had been for myself, no way I would have used my printer ink for that doctor offices gain. I would have just filled out such when I arrived. But no way was I going to send him there tomorrow, and have all that laid out on him. (ladies, you get my reasoning, right?) Just a sly tactic to push off their overhead onto the patient.
Why does a doctor need your mortgage application? I’ve never heard this.

Most of my friends don’t even have printers anymore. I don’t mind printing forms and filling them out ahead of time, but if I did I’d just politely decline or tell them I don’t have a printer.
LOL. My daughter doesn't nor does the lady across the street. They both NEED a printer however judging by how many times they ask me to print something for them. To be honest, I have a scanner/printer combo and my wife is always scanning photos for her Ancestry page.

LOL. My daughter doesn't nor does the lady across the street. They both NEED a printer however judging by how many times they ask me to print something for them. To be honest, I have a scanner/printer combo and my wife is always scanning photos for her Ancestry page.
Hah! A lot of my co-workers printed stuff at work on the rare occasion that they needed to (and our company policy allowed that). Now that they're working from home I wouldn't be surprised if they're in a similar situation to your daughter or the lady across the street.

Hah! A lot of my co-workers printed stuff at work on the rare occasion that they needed to (and our company policy allowed that). Now that they're working from home I wouldn't be surprised if they're in a similar situation to your daughter or the lady across the street.
LOL. My employer was shocked when they sent most staff home for remote work at the large number of employees who had no internet access at home. They did everything online at work. Of course the schools here in lower income areas were shocked to find that kids not only didn't have internet at home, their neighborhoods weren't even wired for internet!

Most of my friends don’t even have printers anymore. I don’t mind printing forms and filling them out ahead of time, but if I did I’d just politely decline or tell them I don’t have a printer.
I work for a health-care provider that offers the options to download-print-fill out the (3-page) new patient paperwork in advance, or complete it when they arrive in office. My experience has been that many middle-aged people who have kids or businesses have printers and will print ahead, but many older people don't want to go through the digital steps, and many younger people don't have a printer at home.

And it's universal that patients don't show up early to complete paperwork ... or bring a list of their medications ... or have their insurance card. Honestly I think those issues are more the reason for online or print-ahead paperwork, not the cost of 12 pieces of paper.

PHXscuba

And it's universal that patients don't show up early to complete paperwork ... or bring a list of their medications ... or have their insurance card. Honestly I think those issues are more the reason for online or print-ahead paperwork, not the cost of 12 pieces of paper.

PHXscuba

Ah, that’s why I think paperwork isn’t a big deal. My list of medications is zero. Same for the kids. Husband has 1.

I don't know why you need a mortgage application for a doctor visit.

My doctors' offices hand you an iPad when you arrive, if you haven't done any paperwork ahead of time. Even if you're an established patient, they want you to confirm your address, meds taken, insurance coverage, and so forth. DH and I don't like having our health information online, so we don't use the patient portal, but that's an option, too. It would include a discharge summary, test results, and billing information.

If you're printing that stuff out, okay, but that's on you.
If they’re using a system like Epic, your information is online whether you use the patient portal or not. You might as well make your life easier and just use it, at least so it will be updated. I sometimes find little errors on my own. It’s also easier to schedule or change appts, look at lab work, write to your care team about a concern, etc.
They likely requested you fill them out at home because even when they tell patients to show up 15 or 30 minutes early to fill out paperwork, they rarely do. So they are taking up too much of the appointment time in the room still filling out the forms.

Why they need paper forms instead of just letting you fill everything out electronically? Probably because they are just set in their ways. I'm fairly certain that fax machines are still the primary means of transmitting records and prescriptions, which seems very outdated to most people in other industries.
Ours (hospital and medical practice) is almost exclusively electronic now. Some agencies still only accept faxes if they’re not on something like Epic, so we do sometimes have to use a fax machine at the hospital. Our printers mainly are used for staff workflow such as lists that people can carry in their pockets, and some requisitions and the like.
You know you can scan on an iPhone? My daughter taught me how. It’s a handy little feature.

But no way was I going to send him there tomorrow, and have all that laid out on him. (ladies, you get my reasoning, right?)

I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from. There is no need for anyone to judge you. If our doctor's office had asked to have this form printed out, not only would I have printed the form out, I would have filled it in for my husband, too. And, yes, I have a specific reason that I would have done this (but that is no one's business). A relationship is helping each other when needed.

No I didn't. But none of us has an i-phone.
I use a free app called Genius Scan both on my work and personal cell phones. Very handy if I want to scan receipts or documents when I don't have access to my printer/scanner.

I don't know why you need a mortgage application for a doctor visit.

My doctors' offices hand you an iPad when you arrive, if you haven't done any paperwork ahead of time. Even if you're an established patient, they want you to confirm your address, meds taken, insurance coverage, and so forth. DH and I don't like having our health information online, so we don't use the patient portal, but that's an option, too. It would include a discharge summary, test results, and billing information.

If you're printing that stuff out, okay, but that's on you.
even if you don't use the patient portal, your records are online in that system.

I think there is a big dif between helping each other out and OPs implication that men are too dumb to fill out forms/ filling out forms is a wife's job.
But no way was I going to send him there tomorrow, and have all that laid out on him. (ladies, you get my reasoning, right?)

I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from. There is no need for anyone to judge you. If our doctor's office had asked to have this form printed out, not only would I have printed the form out, I would have filled it in for my husband, too. And, yes, I have a specific reason that I would have done this (but that is no one's business). A relationship is helping each other when needed.

I think there is a big dif between helping each other out and OPs implication that men are too dumb to fill out forms/ filling out forms is a wife's job.
Look, I am not trying to get into a non-magical moment with anyone here. I am just saying that I think the OP tossed out a light, fun quip that was scrutinized for no good reason. Her point was the amount of paper that was involved. NOT that she filled out forms for her husband. What would Mickey do??

I don't believe that, we will have to agree to disagree.
Look, I am not trying to get into a non-magical moment with anyone here. I am just saying that I think the OP tossed out a light, fun quip that was scrutinized for no good reason. Her point was the amount of paper that was involved. NOT that she filled out forms for her husband. What would Mickey do??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter