Small Electrical Appliances - Viva Italia

redzinner

Me Wants the Medianoche!
A post in the Viva Italia thread (KyleRayner) about electrical converters made me go look at my curling iron :) . It is a Revlon Ceramic but it has Worldwide Dual Voltage so I believe I will only need adapters not converters.

Has anyone had probelms with their curling irons (or any small grooming) appliance burning out in Italy using only an adapter?

And what about a travel iron? Did any of the hotels or the place in Artimino hotel have complimentary irons/board to use?

Ciao! :moped:

I used two appliances....one was fine, the other burned out, but I noticed later it was my fault. The one that burned out had a little dial I needed to turn to tell is which voltage was being used. Obviously it was set for US. The first appliance I used had no dial, so I didn't look for it....just noticed afterward.:headache:

I would have needed a screwdriver to turn the little dial, so take a look at yours to be sure before you go!

Were there hair dryers provided in the rooms at all 3 hotels? I don't need anything super-powerful, but would prefer not to have bring my own (need to leave some room to bring back souvenirs ;) ).

All 3 hotels had hair dryers. I'm more of an air dryer, as are the boys around here, so we didn't use them much, but they were there. The only qualification to that comment is that I'm told all of the rooms in Tuscany are a bit different. I'm assuming they were all equipped with dryers.

There were hair dryers in all of our hotel rooms while on the Viva Italia trip. The only thing though, was that they were not very powerful. I was glad that I brought my travel hair dryer along. It is one of those that is compatible with different voltages, so all I needed was an adapter. The same with my curling iron (I am also one of those girls who cannot leave home without my hair dryer and curling iron! They are definitely necesities haha! :bitelip: )
I don't think many people on our trip had problems with any of their electronics, although I did overhear some people talking about irons...our guides told one family not to use their iron for their clothes even if they had a converter, because it is still to much power. Apparently irons are not used very often in Italy and the hotel outlets are not equipped to handle them. Our guides just told us not to worry, that by the next day we would all be wrinkled together! :bitelip:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter