Small TV--Internet combo. How soon? How much?

Mom-to-3

Mouseketeer
I'm picturing a flat screen, flat back monitor sitting on a desk area in the kitchen. We could watch TV, play CDs or DVDs, or surf the internet. Also, I'd need Word and Publisher capabilities because I use them frequently.
Is this available for the the mass market yet? How expensive is it?

Can you purchase (or download) screen savers that have pretty pictures that change as music plays? Are they packaged by musical genres? 100 beautiful landscapes with 100 Classical works, perhaps? Wouldn't that be nice for the kitchen?

Originally posted by Mom-to-3
I'm picturing a flat screen, flat back monitor sitting on a desk area in the kitchen. We could watch TV, play CDs or DVDs, or surf the internet. Also, I'd need Word and Publisher capabilities because I use them frequently.
Is this available for the the mass market yet? How expensive is it?
If you want all of the above functions, it is currently available and it's called a laptop. There are tv/vcr/dvd but not with internet (unless you add web tv) but when you add in Word & Publisher, you're looking at a computer.
Some computer manufacturers make all-in-one units that look pretty cool so you may want to look into those. Here's one by Sony (no TV functionality) that folds closed when not in use:

11207938anA.jpg
11207938cv1A.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter