• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Smoking!?

debknight

On the road to nowhere...
Speaking of people smoking in non-smoking rooms... Now that smoking is supposed to be only in restricted areas in the theme parks, are people abiding by this rule? Is it being enforced? Do CMs approach people who are smoking were they shouldn't be?

People are abiding by this rule and it is wonderful...so much more enjoyable, not to have to walk behind someone smoking!

No, they're not. We just came back last week and our only real complaint were those walking around smoking their cigarettes. It seem they were everywhere!

I was very disappointed that no CM said anything to them. Also, you will find cigarette butts on the ground--and you won't have to look hard for them, either.

Like I said, it was a minor downer on an otherwise surprisingly nice trip.

The CM's are stopping people. Last Feb my MIL
was walking from Tommorowland towards Fantasyland
and lit a smoke up. When a CM saw her he walked up and
told her she would have to go to a smoking area but he didn't
ask her to put it out. I guess they don't want people just
throwing them on the ground.

Some folks follow the rules and some don't when it comes to the restricted smoking areas. The one wonderful thing that Disney does is that all of their restauranta arte n-s. And though I am quite hard on Disney when it comes to their lack of backbone and arrogant attitudes on some things....they get tons of credit for doing this because they were proactive in this area.

I agree with GoldenPrincess. No it was not enforced at all. This is probably my only complaint out of the whole trip too. (12/1-12/6) I'm not bashing smokers in anyway. My husband and I used to be heavy smokers before kids. We have two kids with asthma now. The least people can do is go to the restricted areas to smoke. It's not like Disney has taken all smoking areas away.

I am very glad that Disney enforces no smoking in resturants. I couldn't stand the smoking sections in any resturants when I did smoke. Smoke and food don't mix for me. Just my opinion.

From my observations earlier this month I would say most CMs do remind smoking guests about the areas they are permitted to smoke in, but some people (especially foreign visitors) are just unaware of the restrictions and the CMs are not always there to spot the transgressors!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter