So annoyed by Magic Band +

By the way, the phone can link the photos, too. You need to have Bluetooth on and be logged into MDE. It worked perfectly for us. We didn’t miss a single picture.

I have to say that I used my phone or the room key we got at check in exclusively. They could do everything the MB could do, I even used phone to charge to the room. Only opening room door you had to go through a couple of steps on the app.

By the way, the phone can link the photos, too. You need to have Bluetooth on and be logged into MDE. It worked perfectly for us. We didn’t miss a single picture.

I have to say that I used my phone or the room key we got at check in exclusively. They could do everything the MB could do, I even used phone to charge to the room. Only opening room door you had to go through a couple of steps on the app.
Curious to know if this affects your battery much at all. I don't really want to buy MB anymore, at least not anything more than $10. Frustrating when it used to be free. Doesn't seem like it adds as much value anymore.

Curious to know if this affects your battery much at all. I don't really want to buy MB anymore, at least not anything more than $10. Frustrating when it used to be free. Doesn't seem like it adds as much value anymore.
The Bluetooth being active does affect your battery life somewhat. I have it on anyway because of my smartwatch. But compared to how MDE drains your battery it is nothing…

You can reuse old Magic Bands, so no need to buy one for every trip. But after this trip I really don’t see me using one in the future at all anymore. The phone is on me anyway. One less thing to keep track of.

I find that bluetooth drains your battery much less than MDE. I have two apps for my insulin pump that have to run constantly on bluetooth and I don't notice any difference in my battery life. But boy, my battery is always wiped out when using MDE all day in the parks, even if I am not on my phone for other purposes. I make sure to always bring a power bank to recharge in the afternoon or recharge my phone back at the hotel during a break.

i took to securing mine every day with a bandaid as it popped off so much. Not a fan of the Magic Band+ either.
The MB+ pop off constantly, so annoying in this respect. I liked the fit of the reg magic bands much better too.

I ended picking these up for everyone
Watch Strap Loop, Silicone Watch Strap Rings, 10pcs Black Replacement Watch Band Loops

( Edit to delete Amazon link. Didn’t paste correctly from the app to Chrome and went to an unrelated ad) here’s a pic
IMG_3241.jpeg

I’ve had APs for the last many years. I keep reusing my old MBs. They work great for tapping in at the entrances and LLs. I don’t care about my photos, I can still get plenty with my phone’s Bluetooth turned on. I don’t stay onsite so I don’t need it to open my hotel door. I don’t mind pulling out a CC to pay for anything I buy. You don’t even need to do that if you MobileOrder. I really don’t feel like I’m missing out by not having a MB+.

I would probably just use a ticket in a lanyard if I didn’t already have a MB. Tuck it under your shirt if it embarrasses you. I’m too old to worry about that kind of stuff.

The MB+ pop off constantly, so annoying in this respect. I liked the fit of the reg magic bands much better too.

I ended picking these up for everyone
Watch Strap Loop, Silicone Watch Strap Rings, 10pcs Black Replacement Watch Band Loops

( Edit to delete Amazon link. Didn’t paste correctly from the app to Chrome and went to an unrelated ad) here’s a pic
View attachment 836395
Those look cool. Even though it was an improvise, the band-aids actually worked really well, i had those clear ones so the pad went on the inside against my skin and the ends wrapped around nicely without being obvious and you could still see the design.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter