So Bummed

Slowbee

Following in Walt's Footsteps
We leave in 7 days (not bummed) and our wait list didn't come thru...

Oh well, at least we still get to go see Mickey Mouse...

And the weather is projected to be awesome next weekend.....:banana:

I am in the same boat as you. My waitlist didn't come through either. But i can still call everyday!! Starting tomorrow i can call on a daily basis and try to get switched. Does anybody have suggestions as to when I can call for the best chance?

Sorry to hear your wait list didn't come through. :sad2:

We have been waitlisted since June for BWV but nothing yet. :confused3 We leave Dec 8th. Doesn't look good for us either so we will be at SSR AGAIN......

I was hoping for AKV, been waiting for several months. That's okay, I will be so happy not to be here, they can prop me up in a janitor closet and I'd be just as content as a bug in a rug!! :thumbsup2

Another we leave in a week and waitlist didn't come thru dvcer!

But, it is not bad at all. We were waitlisted for a lock-off two bedroom instead of a dedicated two bedroom at VWL. Everytime I called I made sure the cm knew not to cancel the reservation I had - didn't want anything to go wrong. And we were waitlisted for VWL and got that, just not a lock off. I may take a chance and ask at check-in although I'm not counting on getting it.

"We're going see Mickey Mouse :cool1: :cool1: We're going see Mickey Mouse :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: " Come on everyone, sing with me!

Okay,

Story to keep the wish alive for a little while longer. Might not be such a productive thing to do for you. :rolleyes1 But here it is:

Early/Mid December same boat as you guys. At six days out I thought, "oh yeah daily phone in". Should I? Should I bother? Oh why not. Was waiting six months for BWV SV one bedroom. I phone, she checks, and then says, "can you give me a moment?"

Voila. It's there. The complete reservation. She told me after that she asked me to give her a moment because she went into shock because of the time of year and because it was a SV. She wanted a moment to make sure she wasn't seeing things.:lmao:

Anyway, best of luck to all of you. Fingers crossed. And of course have a fabulous vacation no matter what happens. Enjoy!

Oh, boy-can I empathize with all you "Waitlist didn't come thru" DISers. I just came back from a "Waitlist didn't come thru" trip. I had the first 2 days at BCV, but then had to waitlist for the other 2 days. I really didn't want to move half way thru, and spend 2 nites at BCV, then 2 nites at BWV (but that's exactly what I ended up doing). During the last 7 days, I called every day, asked at check in, then asked the next day. Although it didn't work out for me, I will say that I felt it was one advantage of BCV having its own check-in area. Dealing with fewer guests and dealing with waitlist problems, I felt that the CMs are more understanding (I don't know, maybe the ones I dealt with are just better at acting concerned). On the last day before I had to move, the CM at the desk assured me that she'd "work on it. The computer may show one thing, but I'll check for sure." She promised to call my room and leave a message if she found anything (she did call my room even though she didn't find anything). I don't know how much "checking" she actually did, but she sure made me feel better about having to move. So keep checking, don't give up, perhaps you'll be luckier than I was. And be sure to ask at check-in.

Wait listed four first 5 days in Dec. I don't think its going to happen, What use to be a quiet time of the year, before the Christmas growds came in now is next to impossible to get a room. When I was tring to make the reservations, it was mentioned that their could be a pt/season change for that time of the year. I almost hope so, I never booked at that time because of low points. We just like to go and do all the Christmas activities and see the decorations. The bonus was no crowds! Get our Christmas spirit going and come home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter