So disappointed with Cindy!

Jenn103068

Earning My Ears
I can't believe what just happened! I called Disney to check on the Prince and Princess add-on for our families first trip to Disney in June. I was hoping to by-pass the call-in for Cinderella's castle. It will be my daughter's 4th birthday. The woman told me the call ahead was 90 days!!! Everything I had read said 60 days and of course they are sold-out. I don't know what to do...It's all my daughter talks about. We will be in Disney from June 21st - 26th, 2004. Can anyone help or give me some advice? I really need some Disney magic! Thanks !!princess:

Welcome to the Dis! I would suggest calling up until you go. I've heard of people getting a cancellation at the last minute. Good luck!!

Yep - 90 days out and it usually sells out in the first 15 minutes. For some, it takes several trips before getting a PS there, so don't feel like you'll be the only one disappointed... Its HARD to get into, even at 90 days out. =(

However, it NEVER hurts to call daily up until you get there to see if someone has canceled... people do cancel and you might be able to snag one! Don't give up! It happens all the time!

I hope you can get in... you could go ahead and make a PS for the Princess Storybook Breakfast OR the Cinderellas Gala Feast for dinner, so you still get something with the princesses! You can always cancel either of those if you get the PS at the castle.

Awww...I'm sorry :( I know it's disappointing. I couldn't agree more with what Aimeedyan said.

Sending you some *~*pixie dust*~* and hoping for a little Disney magic for you and your little girl princess:

perhaps you could try lunch or dinner...called last week and got a ps for lunch ( about 12 days out) with out a problem. I dont believe there are characters there at lunch though... I may be wrong...anyone else know??? good luck and keep trying right up until you walk out the door to leave.....

Originally posted by Jenn103068
I can't believe what just happened! I called Disney to check on the Prince and Princess add-on for our families first trip to Disney in June. I was hoping to by-pass the call-in for Cinderella's castle. It will be my daughter's 4th birthday. The woman told me the call ahead was 90 days!!! Everything I had read said 60 days and of course they are sold-out. I don't know what to do...It's all my daughter talks about. We will be in Disney from June 21st - 26th, 2004. Can anyone help or give me some advice? I really need some Disney magic! Thanks !!princess:

I hear the breakfast at Norway in EPCOT is Princess oriented too maybe an alternative?

I'm so sorry that you had such a sad surprise. Some advice, the Epcot Princess Storybook Breakfast fills fast too, so if you think that could be an option call now. The Gala Feast at 1900 Parkfair fills too, so call now for that one too. Call even if you don't know for sure if that's what you want, you can always cancel later. We didn't decide to go until we only had 38 days left. I called everyday and finally got the Storybook Breakfast for one of our days, and the Gala Feast for one night (but only for two - so DH will be food courting it that night). Also, if it's the castle your DD wants, have lunch or dinner there one day. I've discovered it takes three different meals to make up for no Cindy breakfast - the Storybook Breakfast, Cindy's Dinner, and Lunch in the Castle - LOL

Have a great trip

princess: Shelly

If it's worth it to you, you could sort of merge all this good advice.

You could book the Storybook breakfast and/or Cinderella's Castle for lunch or dinner while also persisting in attempts to book the Castle for Breakfast. If you get it, you could then cancel.

KIS

Sorry you could not get your reservation.

The day we went to Magic Kingdom our first stop was Cindy's Castle. We made reservations for lunch for the same day. It was simple to make the ressie and although it was not the same as breakfast, Cinderella still made an appearance in the lobby, we took pictures, and had a nice lunch.

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I just made PS's for the 1900 for dinner one night. The storybook at Epcot is already sold-out too:( I think the meal at the castle w/o Cindy would be too hard to explain. I will keep calling everyday to check for cancellations for the castle. princess:

Originally posted by my3boys
I've heard of people having luck with reservations 2 days before the "intended" date.
That was an old theory when WDW used to hold back Cindy's ressies for concierge guests. They no longer do that, so the 2 day rule really doesn't apply anymore. Just keep calling, a cancelation can happen at any time.

When I was calling everyday looking for cancellations during my trip more than one cast member told me if I didn't get a cancellation by a few days before our trip to call everyday at that time. Not because they hold reservations, but because there is a 48 hour cancellation policy. They said most people wait until the end to cancel, just human nature to procrastinate. One CM even told me to remember to call in the morning from my resort.

princess: Shelly

Just keep calling, I'm going in May and orig. I booked the princess storybook breakfast in Epcot, because my dd fav. character is Sleeping Beauty, well then someone told me I would NEVER be able to get into Cindy's - I hate when people tell me I can't do something! LOL!! So I called on a whim and this was probally about 60 days prior and they had one opening on a Sun., we actually had to extend our trip one day to go!LOL!! So keep trying! Good Luck!

We have done the 1900 Park Fare rest. at GF and my 2 girls loved it. we saw cindy, prince charm, fairy godmom, bert and mary pop.

I have actually been one of those people who cancelled a ressie at Cindys. We had already been to Cindys that week, as well as chef mics and crystal palace, so we were charactered out. I remember calling and cancelling and telling the cm that i was about to make somebody's day!!!! So keep calling!!!!! Good luck and have a great trip!

Del:sunny:

Try to see if you can get the first available lunch time. (11:00) We went one time at this time and most of the characters were still in the lobby and getting ready to make their exit. If you do get the early lunch time, I would recommend showing up early to see some of the characters. We also did the Dinner at GF with cindy and the mice and the prince. My kids loved it. If its any consolation, the Cindy's Breakfast was fun, but not as great as some of the other character meals! JMHO

When we had breakfast there in December 2003 (after many attempts and a call on a whim we got a canceled reservation) our waitress told us that a huge percentage of the reservations are made by "Cindy's Angel". There is a website but I am sorry I do not know it and maybe if you can find the website inquire about a reservation there.

My recommendation would to be to keep calling to see if there is a cancellation. I truly know and understand what you are going through!!

Sending Pixie Dust your way ***********

Good Luck

Lisa

I had the same thing happen!! Everything I'd read said 60 days...I'm not sure when that changed. We were so excited to get up early and start calling, and were devastated to hear we had no chance. We were able to get ressies for the Storybook Breakfast, which was still a big highlight of the trip for dd. We also did dinner in the castle, and were thrilled to see Cinderella inside when we rounded the corner. We were the last family to visit, and we got to ride up in the elevator with her magesty!!! I've heard that she is often found by her throne, so maybe you'll get lucky if you arrange another meal in the castle.

I know I was more upset than my daughter because I had CRT on my mind for so long. I'm sure you're dd will be thrilled if you are just sure to meet Cindy during your visit. A cm should always be able to tell you when/where to find her.

Have a great trip!

Hello Everyone!!!! I am soo happy!! :p I called three times today and on the third try I got a table for four on our last full day in Disney to CRT. Thank you for the pixie dust and good wishes... I think they helped!! To all those who are in my shoes.. keep trying!!princess:

I understand the pain you are going through because the first time I called I didn't get in, but luckily I called the next day and I did. I know this doesn't help you, but I understand the panic you feel because for 24 hours I felt the same way.

I am writing with this piece of advice. When you go to the MK don't go with your DD to the podium and ask if there's any openings to get in. There generally never is and the 2 times that we have gone to the CRT it always breaks my heart when you see these beautiful little girls standing at the podium devostated because they can't get in, and they can clearly see all the little children coming out - they just don't understand. If you want to check at the podium, my advice is to seperate and have one of you take your DD to a gift shop or somewhere else while the other checks at the podium. This will avoid alot of confusion for your DD and if she asks why you can't go into the castle make-up a little Disney story like Cinderella has a cold and she's not seeing people today because she doesn't feel good. I gave this same story to my DD when Playhouse Disney was under renovation and she couldn't see Bear (she was so sad:( ). I know we shouldn't lie to our kids, but I just can't bear to see them sad and disappointed.

Good luck!!!!:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter