So has anyone upgraded a Citypass Parkhopper?

Anewman

<font color=green>Likes it topped with relish<br><
There have been a number of posts talking about upgrading the CityPass 3 day parkhopper, but most just involved calls and the traditional "CM told me..." type reports.

So my question is has anyone actually upgraded to either more days on the hopper or to Annual pass(socal even)?
Or has anyone that tried been turned down?

I am curious as to the amount of credit they would apply towards the AP, since costco sells the CityPass for $165 and regular price for a 3day hopper is $160.

3 day hoppers are $139 everywhere now.

I didn't know cosco sold the city passes. I'll have to check them out. Are you in or out of Calif? :earseek:

I am in SoCal.

Yes I see that sale price of 3 day hopper is $140, but I am wondering if the Hopper that comes with the citypass is upgradable.

If they give you $139 credit towards an AP that means I got Knotts, Sea World and the Zoo for $25 bucks.

I have found the City pass at 4 different sites other than Disney for $181 to $185 and have not found anything about upgrading anything on it to more days.

Are you talking about upgrading it at the park when you 'cash it in'? Is that something you can commonly do for other hopper passes? (Change a 3 day to 5 day...?)

I agree that the savings in the City Pass is amazing, but I need more Disney days, so please let me know if you find a way to upgrade it!!!

:earsgirl:

disneylvr2 said:
I have found the City pass at 4 different sites other than Disney for $181 to $185 and have not found anything about upgrading anything on it to more days.

Are you talking about upgrading it at the park when you 'cash it in'? Is that something you can commonly do for other hopper passes? (Change a 3 day to 5 day...?)

I agree that the savings in the City Pass is amazing, but I need more Disney days, so please let me know if you find a way to upgrade it!!!

Costco.com has it for $164

Yes Upgrading at park for either more days or AP, we currently have ap but come renew time this could be the way to go for us. Still hoping that others can tell me if it has been allowed or denied at the park. In other threads posters said they were given the ok over the phone, but the amount of the credit was not known by the CMs.

I noticed that Karyl... posted earlier that they were going on 8/28 & upgrading to more days.. I've posted on that thread to see if they know anything more.

Just did that. On day 1 at Disneyland, we turned in our City Pass voucher for our 3-day Disneyland Park Hoppers at the ticket booths between DL and CA. Midday on day 3, we went to the same ticket booths, and turned in our 3-day Disneyland Park Hoppers and upgraded to a Deluxe AP. $139 was applied toward the AP.

Since we are DVC members, we received our $20 discount on the Deluxe AP, so our total upgrade cost for an adult ticket was $50 (no additional tax or fees were applied). If we had not had the DVC discount, the cost would have been $70 to upgrade.

An AP for a child is the same cost as the adult Deluxe AP. I think the amount credited toward the AP for a child was $109, meaning the cost to upgrade a City Pass for a child to a Deluxe AP was $100. With a DVC discount, it would be $80.

Hope this helps. We had no problems upgrading. I asked at Guest Services in the Disneyland Hotel and they told me where to go and what to do.

So, we are going back next year!! How can we pass up a return trip with admission of only $50? One day at the parks, we wll break even. Although, we will spend more time there. We felt we could have used a least one more day, so we will probably go for 4 days or maybe 5 or.... :earboy2:

MickeyMagic said:
J$139 was applied toward the AP.

Thanks for the info. Do you know how much they would charge for a 4 or 5 day parkhopper upgrade? Is it the same price as you can get them online? I would not benefit from an AP, but would probably upgrade to the 5 day.

My understanding when you upgrade to a higher level park hopper is that you pay the difference between the gate price and the price you paid. Meaning you would pay an additional $50 between the 3 day and the 4 day. With the 5 day you might as well upgrade to an AP and get the discounts that you do with the deluxe.

Thanks for the info -- good to know that when you trade in the 3 day pass they credit you for the discount price (139) but then charge you the full price for the upgrade (189) so you'd have to pay $50 to get that extra day.

The city pass is a great deal if it fits what you want to do. But I don't think it fits for me. :guilty:

I just got back last night and upgraded my 3-day park hopper that I received with the CityPass. Just as MickeyMagic posted, I received $139 credit toward my deluxe parkhopper, paying the difference of $70. I read on another post that the AP prices may be going up, so you may want to check that out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter