so I was thinking...what if I went AFTER the last scheduled spring break?

Crazy4mandms

Addicted to WDW and proud of it!
I was looking at the post that listed spring breaks for next year..and I was thinking how I wanted to avoid that time, but I feel funny about taking my kids out of school for 2 whole weeks (pls don't blast me, I'm not asking anyone's opinion on whether I should have my kids miss school). Well, I was thinking, it seems most breaks are over with by Apr 18th (except MA)...so, how crowded would it be the week of April 19-23 (one full week AFTER Easter Sunday)? We drive down so I'd plan on travelling the week after Easter Sunday, then visit family until the 19th....this way my kids would miss only 5 days of school instead of 10. Has anyone been down after the spring break period has just ended? We went down last year the week before Memorial Day and the crowds weren't too bad. Can anyone compare the two time periods. Thanks in advance!!!

We went last year the last week in April. One full week after Easter. The weather was great. Warm, but not too hot. It was usually mid 80's. Also, very little rain, just a few storms in the afternoon that blew over pretty quick. The crowds were very manageable. They do have senor nights in early May where they close MK early for regular guests and reopen just for seniors. I think it is on Friday and Saturday nights only. Even with the seniors, the crowds were not too heavy. We just avoided MK on the weekend. We had minimal waits for rides at MGM, Epcot and AK. MK was fine in the mornings and at night. It did get a little packed in Fantasyland in the middle of the afternoon, with waits up to 60 minutes for Peter Pan and Dumbo. We just took advantage of EE(especially for Fantasyland) and used FP. With FP we never waited more then 10-15 minutes for rides. We got everything done that we wanted.

Thanks for the tip....this is sounding more like the plan we are going with!! Honestly, I doubt if we do MK for more than 1/2 day just to ride the mountains mostly and will not do fantasyland at all. When we went this past May we missed out on Epcot and MGM was my kids' favorite park (esp now that younger DS will be over 48inches and he can ride my favorite ride with me-RRC- this year!!). Plus we want to see AK again and my kids will spend one full day at DQ and we will only have 3 days!!! The weather sounds perfect for us!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter