SO pissed. Trying to make 60 day FP and system is totally down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get in and get almost everything we wanted. Of course, that required booking FOP and Slinky on days late in the trip. Interestingly enough the two things I was unable to get were Fantasmic and Rivers of Light, I'm assuming those will be made available later.

I am sure Fantasmic will open up. Those are usually available same day. Must just not have been released yet. I was finally able to get in and get my selections. Sadly, no Slinky, because our day in Hollywood is too early in our trip. Rope Drop it is!

This morning all of my reservations, tickets, fastpasses, everything are poof! Gone! My trip is in 30 days and there is a 2 hour wait on the phone. I have so much anxiety right now, it’s making me not want to go.
While you may not be able to see them, they definitely are not gone. I know it's super frustrating, but it's unfortunately pretty common for things to disappear from view, but they are always still there on the back end. On my most recent trip, my fastpasses disappeared from view in the app several times a day, but I never had any problem actually using them. Your stuff will be fine and will show back up eventually.

Fantasmic might not be on during your trip.
We are there Nov 25- Dec 2nd and Fantasmic is not happening during Christmas Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam

I'm glad that you were able to get most of what you wanted. I had some problems on my FastPass day too, but I was able to get most of what I wanted too. I think they're updating their system and they're obviously having troubles because of that. Hopefully, all of the bugs will be worked out before we get there.

If the app is down for you, it's probably down for everyone else too. I'm probably going to have to call in my room requests since that's not working for me.

Disney apps and website are absolute garbage. It’s incredible how such a big operation can be so bad at technology, especially when it’s the main way for people to book their activities for a trip. SMH.

Well, I went to check the website to see what night shows are listed for December, and can't get the website to even show me the park hours for any day past today. So, yeah, that makes planning...challenging.

I am really hoping Disney is going to get it together in the IT department sometime reasonably soon. These glitches have been going on for a full week now.

Seems like this thread is about a 3x or 4x occurrence per week these days.

Sorry you're having trouble. Keep trying.

Had a similar issue when our 60 days came up. Keep trying. Instead of the normal 15 minutes, it took about 90 minutes to get everything done.
Not that it makes you feel any better, but everyone elese that is trying to get FPs, is having the same problem, some you probably haven't lost out on anything yet.

Disney apps and website are absolute garbage. It’s incredible how such a big operation can be so bad at technology, especially when it’s the main way for people to book their activities for a trip. SMH.

Yup. Especially when everything needs to be booked months in advance to accomplish anything.

I guess the $100+ a day tickets don't cover IT. How magical....

Ok now I feel silly for flipping out. I was able to get everything very close to my original times. Disney seriously needs to funnel some of their money into IT. Thanks for the rallying, commiseration and tips everyone!

No need to feel silly. Disney has created the scenario where we must do things at a certain day / time, or else there is a good likelihood that we will get shut out. So we dutifully follow their rules, getting up at the appropriate crazy time (especially those in different time zones). Then when we attempt to do what they have told us to do, their systems do not work. If this was a 'one-off' issue today, then I think we would give them some leeway. But this is a recurring issue.

I am lucky that I am not in trip reservation mode now, nor that I am at Disney. If I were, I would be very disappointed (harsher words come to mind, but this is a family forum) in having to waste my time working around their continuing issues. They have built this monstrosity, and now they cannot get it to work. This is just wrong.

Thank you to those who recommended the chat feature. I called at 8:15 EDT (it was 6:15 for me) and the message said the wait time on the phone was over 2 hours! I used the chat feature and was "talking" to someone in under two minutes. They fixed my issues within 15 minutes and I was able to start my FP selections. Unfortunately, I had to get ready for work before I could get all my FP selections done so I'll have to finish up later today but I did get FOP, SDD and 7DMT for the days that we wanted, just not the times but I'll keep working to get those to move up if possible. We are a group of 24 and there were 4 of us on trying to make the FP selections for our various groups. One got in with very little issues, 1 had issues yesterday so she'd already worked with the Disney IT on the phone and had her account corrected and things went smoothly today, 1 had a hard time getting in originally but once it worked she had very little issues and then there was me, the experienced Disney planner not being able to do anything. I know it'll all work out and we'll have a great time.

My husband works in software and he said it sounds like a server issue. Thousands of people getting on at the same time to make FPs inundates their system and the servers can't keep up. He said he sees this a lot with companies that don't want to spend more money to upgrade servers. (Not saying this is what's going on - just a thought)

My husband works in software and he said it sounds like a server issue. Thousands of people getting on at the same time to make FPs inundates their system and the servers can't keep up. He said he sees this a lot with companies that don't want to spend more money to upgrade servers. (Not saying this is what's going on - just a thought)

It's possible, but I think it's more than that. Since a new 60 day (and 30 day) window opens up every day, there will always be a crush of people trying to make reservations right at 7am. If it were just this, the system would slow to a crawl from 7-8 or 9am, and then be back working fairly normally for the rest of the day. But since the 'magical enhancements' Disney made last week, people have been having more than a slow server - entire trips (tickets, reservations, fast passes, etc.) have disappeared, partially reappeared, and disappeared again. Cancelled reservations show up and are unable to be re-cancelled, etc. It's been a huge mess. I agree with your husband that Disney probably does need to upgrade their servers, given how much they rely on guests using their website to make various reservations, but there's definitely a more substantial problem here.

While you may not be able to see them, they definitely are not gone. I know it's super frustrating, but it's unfortunately pretty common for things to disappear from view, but they are always still there on the back end. On my most recent trip, my fastpasses disappeared from view in the app several times a day, but I never had any problem actually using them. Your stuff will be fine and will show back up eventually.

Yes, people have recommended taking screen shots of your FP in case the system isn't working to know when they are and if you need to prove you have them.

Sorry to hear that!!!! We are a couple days away from making ours... I guess I have something to look forward to :rolleyes:

Well I was able to finally get them working on the website around 45 min later, I got everything I wanted except FOP and Slinky Dog. Looks like I'll be doing some rope dropping.

Yep, now a week into issues triggered by whatever was set off last Tuesday. While my reservations and FPs are currently OK, I still can't add Magical Express or Magic Bands to my reservation ... even over the phone. An interesting theory to test will be if these MDE issues go away once the rumored new ticket pricing models go live in the next month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter