So what are people using for summer deals as there are no GP offers out?

oceanmarina

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I was just wondering what people are using for deals now that Disney is being very stingy with their GP deals?

(We do not have Disney + so we can't use that one). I'm struggling with booking for August as i'm already paying double I would for airfare.

I was wondering if anyone was able to secure any discounts anywhere else?

Thanks for any advice, Marina

I bought discounted tickets from Undercover Tourist. For lodging I rented DVC points for half my stay (ended up being cheaper than a moderate), and am staying off site in a 2 bedroom villa for the second half (with IHG reward points).

I don't have Disney+ either and am still holding out hope they will come up with an August discount. My step daughter tried to get me to use her password to use it but I'm too honest for that. Sadly it doesn't look like a discount is going to happen, it doesn't look like it but a girl can hope. I'm going in Aug. and it will be my last trip on my AP so only one trip during the next year since I'm retiring and money will be tight. I actually paid rack rate for a room, the first time I've done that since the early 90s. Even the third party discount travel sites don't have any good rates.

I just re-booked my room-only reservation for 2 nights with UT. They were offering the Disney discount plus a little more. The room with Disney was 274. and with UT it was 253. I also went through Rakuten and saved an additional 1% on hotels. Total savings of 39.00. I got the confirmation and linked it right into my Disney Experience- no problem. They have the same cancelation fee as Disney, so if a better deal comes out I will cancel.

Last edited:
We booked points via the DVC-Rent/Transfer thread... and are doing a split stay; four nights at OKW and 5 nights at the Boardwalk (studios at both). It ended up being cheaper than moderates (even with a 10% priceline discount available at the time).

If you go this route, be sure to ask for references... and reach out to them. Ask for a contract (so that you are both aware of responsibilities and risks). You want to be as comfortable as possible with the situation. If, for any reason, you aren't, don't do it; it's not worth the added stress.

For tickets we used boardwalkticketing.com, which at the time was cheaper than UCT. There were no issues adding them to MDE.

Good luck with your planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter