• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

soda on board

cynjam

Vacation Planner
I've never sailed on DCL before, only RCI. There, the only drink included with our meals was tea or water, maybe coffee (I don't drink it so I don't remember). I was told ahead of time soda was "free" with meals. I was told the same thing today about DCL, but now I'm having a hard time believing it. Does anyone have any info, or personal experience with this?

Yes, soda is free at the SIT-DOWN restaurants, not at the buffets, that is true. :)

At dinner after the first night our servers had my Diet Coke with lemon waiting for me! Free of charge, with all the refills you can handle!:D

You can also buy a refillable mug for the week ($35) and you can have all the soda that you want, all day every day!

Yup,
Any of the bars will fill your mug any time. Even the ones right outside the Walt Disney Theater:D

Let me preface this with the fact that I am "NOT TRYING TO GET MORE THAN I PAID FOR." That said, there is no way that my kids are going to drink $35.00 worth of pop, nor do I want them to.
What is available for them to drink while in the kids clubs? Can we just buy 2 refillable mugs and share them as a family? There are five of us and the thought of paying $175 for pop is outrageous. How much is pop by the glass? Any good ideas would be appreciated, no flames please.

I think the mug is only worth it if you plan on drinking 2-3 glasses of soda a day, per person. There is a drink station on deck 9 near the kiddie pool that has water, milk, iced tea, and I think fruit punch or lemonade, which is always free.

As far as one mug for a family, they discourage that. I know that we book through AAA and get the mugs free...having said that, I would go up and get my mom a soda and they never checked the mug or made sure I was the one drinking it.

Thanks for the info. I'm not trying to be cheaper, either. I just simply don't drink that much pop. I do order pop when we eat out, only because I usually don't like the iced tea they serve in restuarants. Even at home I only drink pop if we're having pizza. Now, one more question, will the complimentary drinks be listed on the menu, or do you have to request them?

Originally posted by WebmasterMichelle
Yes, soda is free at the SIT-DOWN restaurants, not at the buffets, that is true. :)

trink36.gif
biggthumpup.gif

ncligs, does this mean you're a Pepsi drinker, too? My friend thats going, too, is addicted to Pepsi, from a can. I think she's going to bring some with her. LOL

Originally posted by cynjam
ncligs, does this mean you're a Pepsi drinker, too? My friend thats going, too, is addicted to Pepsi, from a can.

I prefer COKE.
trink38.gif

For somone who has sailed recently and had the AAA mugs:

Do you still pick them up in the same place, I believe it was outside of Tosiders/Beach Blanket? Is there now an additional sticker that you get for your KTTW card?

We sailed in May and booked through AAA. They had the AAA mugs in many different locations just after boarding, including in the Atrium. We picked up our mugs from this station and were not issued any stickers.

my mom is hooked on Dr.Pepper and C(her friend she's crusing with) is hooked on Pepsi.Should they bring cans on board?

Hi! I am prepping for a 1st ever DCL cruise in Jan. 2004. The mugs have replaced the stickers on the KTTW cards - I've got that part down! And I assume that the mugs are keepsakes like the ones you get in the land resorts.

The question I have (since we're starting to plan when and where we'd like to get ressies on embarkation day) is where do you get them? Do you have to go to a specific restaurant/bar, or Guest Services?

Thanks!!

I have a serious Dr. Pepper addiction...I may need therapy some day lol! I have been trying to wean myself off of the cursed drink for my cruise in May 'cause I don't want to lug them on board! Since WDW does not serve DP in the parks, I would think it wouldn't be on the cruise either:( . I will probably try to survive with Cokes/ice tea at meal times and maybe a few tropical drinks wouldn't hurt, either;) ;).

I usually surprise my daughter with a boarding package and I always make sure there's a 12 pack of diet coke in it. Then, I try (but sometimes fail) to remember to grab some more right before re-boarding at whatever port we're in. This costs far less than $35 and takes care of the whole family; including my verandah cuba libres.

I thought I read on these boards that they went back to the coke sticker on the KTTW cards for sanitary reasons, since the sickness outbreak last year... You get the mug as a souveneir, but are not required to use it for refills. They will give you a cup if you show the sticker... Is this correct?

Perhaps a recent cruiser can clarify this?

on our 9/6 cruise we had no intention of lugging around a mug with us throughout the ship. We were given a sticker to put on our KTTW, and everytime we wanted a soda we just flashed the card. No mug necessary.

I must say that I enjoyed reading this post, expecially when the northerners started referring to the drinks as pop. Being a former Michigander myself, I can always spot another just by what they drink. Just beware, you midwesterners, I have come across people down here that will look at you as if you were crazy if you ask what kind of pop they have! Now that I've been here for a few years, it always stands out when I hear someone say "pop".

Just gave me a good laugh!

on the other hand, i'm glad to hear they give out stickers instead of a dirty mug I'd have to haul around all week.

Happy Sails...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter