• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

soda on board

You can tell where people are from when they say "pop". Here, we use "coke" as a general term (at least in my extended family). When you want a soda, you may say you're getting a coke and then come back with a Dr. Pepper! Now that makes sense, huh!?! :confused: But, hey, it works for us!

ok im confused
the last i read that the mugs are an extra cost
the sticker is $35 but that doesnt include a mug anymore
are they giving us the mugs as souveniers?

Originally posted by imgoingtodisney
ok im confused
the last i read that the mugs are an extra cost
the sticker is $35 but that doesnt include a mug anymore
are they giving us the mugs as souveniers?

On our 9/6 cruise, we paid $35 and asked NOT to have a mug, but a sticker on our KTTW instead. The CM was appalled that we didn't want the collector's edition mug. As a result of that experience, I believe that the answer to your question is as follows:

For $35 you get a mug and unlimited soda refills for the duration of the trip. If you DON'T want to be bothered with the mug, for $35 you can get a sticker on your KTTW card and get plastic cups of soda whenever you want. I DO NOT know if for $35 you can get BOTH the mug and the sticker...that is the question that maybe someone else can answer.

Hope this is helpful.

either way - do they pour our sodas for us? is the mug alot less sanitary cos youre getting your own soda? or is it for convenience sake?
(cant be the same mug they sell in the giftshops)

At this time, the price for the soda program includes the key card sticker and unlimited sodas. The mug is sold right there, but you will be charged an additional $5 for one.

I would probably want both as I use my cruise mugs for coffee at my desk at work, lol. :)

CourtasanSatine, (Boy, that's a long name!) We brought 12 packs of Diet Pepsi and Doctor Pepper on board with us and put them in the cabin fridge. There were no hassles bringing it on board.

Are you a fellow parrothead? I was reading this thread and noticed your Signature Line. And you a fellow Pennsylvanian...except I am from the other end NW of Philadelphia.

Sorry, a little off topic.

I booked through AAA and one of the perks is you get oone of the mugs for every memebr in your party. A savings of $140! But last year we got only 2 mugs for our family of four because the kids don't need that much soda and we didn't let them take them to the Kids clubs. So we usually filled one with Diet and one with regular and shared them. JMO

Denise

Denise,

Absolutely, on both counts!!! My DW and I are having dinner with fellow DISers at Margaritaville in the Citiwalk at Universal Studios tomorrow night!

We are taking a limo to the cruise ship and will stop for some soda/pop/Diet Pepsi/Dr Pepper/non-alcoholic carbonated beverages along the way.

I've got a Carribean Soul I can barely control!

Oh I am so jealous! Have a great time!

Happy Birthday!!!

Denise

OKWMEMBER: I know it's a long name:) It's a reference to Moulin Rouge and Nicole Kidman's character(also my avatar) and 2 of my siggy lines

Thanks for the info,passing it on to my mom:)

so then you could use either the KTTW card or the mug depending on which you have with you at the time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter