solo dining - My PS reservations - any thoughts?

gailelle

Earning My Ears
I have made the following PS reservations for my four day solo trip to WDW in three weeks:

Breakfasts: Boma at AK and Kona Cafe at Polynesian (want to walk around this resort. Never been there)

Lunch: Sci-Fi Diner at MGM

Dinners: Plaza Rest. in MK and Olivia's OKW for my last night in Fla - seems like a perfect place to end my vacation.

Thanks in advance for any opinions. Gailelle

Hi Gailelle,

I took a solo trip in January 2003 and did breakfast at Boma and lunch at MGM' Sci Fi Diner. I enjoyed them both. I was worried about doing the breakfast buffet and having them clear my table when I went up to the buffet, but it didn't happen. I was also real comfortable in the Sci FI Diner because it's so dark.

I found eating solo in the parks really easy. Almost every restaurant can squeeze a single in, so it makes dining very flexible. I wouldn't suggest to try this, but I even walked into Fantasmic! 5 minutes before show time, and got a CM to find me a good seat near the center. One person is easy to make room for.

Enjoy! You'll have a great time!

I just returned last night (3/9/04) from a two day trip to WDW and had no problem get a PS a couple hours before dinner to the Crystal Palace (was hoping for Cindy's) and the Sci-Fi Dine-In. I had an absolutely fabulous time by myself! I was able to see the parades and fireworks in almost perfect view!

Tinkerbell81284princess:

Your Ps's look pretty good for a solo. As for the food at Sci-Fi, stick to the hamburger/fries and milkshake. Last trip tried different food (spinach dip, shrimp pasta) and food was truly disgusting.

Have a wonderful trip.

I'd love to hear your report on dining solo at Sci-Fi. Although I've never dined there solo, thinking of it next trip. Do many people just eat desserts, snacks there as opposed to a full meal? Of the ones you mentioned, I've only dined solo at Bomas-both dinner and then breakfast. Really enjoyed it both times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter