• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo Lunch

Fantasia Sam

I've been here so much longer!
I recently had the pleasure of my own company in WDW. It had been pouring with rain all morning and I'd had a bit of a miserable morning but I decided to go and treat myself to a spot of lunch.

I figured I could go and eat anywhere I wanted but when it came down to thinking about where to go I found the decision toooo difficult, so many choices, so little time.

I was at the AKL and so I figured I'd just get on the first bus that came in.

DTD was the first so I thought I'd see what I could grab there. No sooner was I in the marketplace when I headed past the Rainforest Cafe and into the welcoming area of Captain Jacks.

I was asked if I'd like to sit at the counter and said sure. It was a neat experience and being at the counter means that the bar servers chat to you, which I find is nice if you're on your own. Having a British accent always starts a conversation anyway.

I treated myself to a Golden Margarita and a plate of Linguine with Prawns and crab in a lobster sauce, it came with Focacia bread served with Olive Oil. It was fabulous.

I then headed over to Ghiradellis and treated myself to a one scoop hot fudge sundae........ well I was on vacation after all ;)

I was soooo glad I had done this and I really felt good afterwards, here's to many more solo trips where I can enjoy similar experiences.

I've never eaten at RFC solo but it sounds great, especially the idea of eating at the bar.

Good idea. It was great meeting you at DISCON, sweetie.

Don't you just love that "get on the first bus that comes along" feeling? I did that once on a solo trip to WDW. Had to bring my cell phone to call DH because he'd bet me I couldn't be so "unscheduled". It was such a great way to start a solo trip. This was 2 years ago, and unfortunately I haven't been able to do the "first bus"thing again, but I'd love to some time.

I enjoy taking the first bus that comes along also, especially when there hasn't been a sign of a bus in a while. It's like give me a bus, any bus.

Glad to see you had a great solo sit down meal. During my next solo trip I will work on this aspect and hopefully enjoy them as much as you.

Ah, I'm looking forward to times like that in my upcoming solo trip! I think I might do the bus-roulette a few times while there also. :)

Sounds like you had a great meal and that you got quite comfy being solo without all of us crazy DISser dragging you everywhere. LOL

Solo dining can be great fun if you eat at the counters. I like to do that at the FF. The chef's are so informative and even gave me some tastes. I haven't tried Cap'n Jacks yet, maybe this coming trip.

:)

That is such a great idea (Whatever bus shows up first is where I'm going) approach.

On my next trip I just have to try that.

Thanks........

I love the "whichever bus comes first" idea!

I also love sitting at the bar at Capt. Jacks - Like you said it is fun to talk to the bartender and I have always had great people around me to meet!

I love the "whichever bus comes first" idea!

I also love sitting at the bar at Capt. Jacks - Like you said it is fun to talk to the bartender and I have always had great people around me to meet!

Sounds great to me! Glad you had a good time on your solo trip! I just love reading all the positive things about a solo trip! someday....

i'm glad you had such a good time Fantasia Sam:D i bought an ap for the 1st time for my next trip, 1st trip solo. i love your idea about taking the 1st bus that comes along. my 1st day in wdw, i'll only have a few hours to spend in a park, so i think i'll hop the first bus that comes along to go and activate my ap:D :D

kathe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter