Some Enchanted Christmas PTR

Thanks Kizzy and sorry I was so moany last night - I don't normally give in to wallowing. No more. :)

We are the golden girls and we love to sparkle. princess: + princess: :love:

Was checking with my son this evening that he is allowed to take leave in January as he works in retail and he is. I've promised to book for me, my 2 boys, DS2's GF and my beautiful grandson to go to Santa Fe in January '16 for the end of Christmas season. I see on TA that the new brochure is out tomorrow and so those dates will be available. If they're doing a pay 2 get 2 nights free I think I'll ring and book with a deposit when I get paid next week then get them all Disney Store certificates in their Christmas stockings. :santa:

Thanks Kizzy and sorry I was so moany last night - I don't normally give in to wallowing. No more. :)

We are the golden girls and we love to sparkle. princess: + princess: :love:

Was checking with my son this evening that he is allowed to take leave in January as he works in retail and he is. I've promised to book for me, my 2 boys, DS2's GF and my beautiful grandson to go to Santa Fe in January '16 for the end of Christmas season. I see on TA that the new brochure is out tomorrow and so those dates will be available. If they're doing a pay 2 get 2 nights free I think I'll ring and book with a deposit when I get paid next week then get them all Disney Store certificates in their Christmas stockings. :santa:

It gets too much sometimes, I understand and its nice to talk to people about our fears and worries. I'm wallowing this week but I'm going to feel it and deal with it and then no more wallowing lol!

Oooh wow that will be brilliant.... If you want to get a figure clippers quay have their prices up now! http://www.clippersquaytravel.com/
£360 Mon - Fri in later January for a room in the Santa Fe 1 adult, a 6 and 11 year old - saying that I would rather book with DLP themselves as CQ do not like changing bookings! And that makes it prickly if a better offer comes along where as DLP are much more flexible and less inclined to stick you with charges. DLP prices should be the same when they go live tomorrow.

It gets too much sometimes, I understand and its nice to talk to people about our fears and worries. I'm wallowing this week but I'm going to feel it and deal with it and then no more wallowing lol!

Thanks hun and :hug:

Oooh wow that will be brilliant.... If you want to get a figure clippers quay have their prices up now! http://www.clippersquaytravel.com/
£360 Mon - Fri in later January for a room in the Santa Fe 1 adult, a 6 and 11 year old - saying that I would rather book with DLP themselves as CQ do not like changing bookings! And that makes it prickly if a better offer comes along where as DLP are much more flexible and less inclined to stick you with charges. DLP prices should be the same when they go live tomorrow.

Thank you- just checked and Tuesday 5th - Sat 9th is £356 per room - same as this year. :thumbsup2 Want them to see some of Christmas season but can't afford Christmas prices for a big group.

We would be allowed in 1 room but it would feel too cramped so I thought 2 rooms in a cheap hotel rather than 1 in mid range. My DLP experience so far has been at the upper end of the hotels - it started in DLH! - so it will be good to see what I've missed out on. Will be a very different sort of trip to the ones I have with sister - I will have to do some scary rides. :scared:

And I will def wait to book with Disney direct. :)

Thanks hun and :hug:

Thank you- just checked and Tuesday 5th - Sat 9th is £356 per room - same as this year. :thumbsup2 Want them to see some of Christmas season but can't afford Christmas prices for a big group.

We would be allowed in 1 room but it would feel too cramped so I thought 2 rooms in a cheap hotel rather than 1 in mid range. My DLP experience so far has been at the upper end of the hotels - it started in DLH! - so it will be good to see what I've missed out on. Will be a very different sort of trip to the ones I have with sister - I will have to do some scary rides. :scared:

And I will def wait to book with Disney direct. :)

Thanks!

We love the DLH but love the SF almost as much! It may be because we stayed before and after it had been renovated but they hit the nail on the head with the Lightening McQueen theming and La Cantina is one of our favourite buffets. It never felt like a bother to get the shuttle bus to the park or if we were energetic to walk down the Rio Grande to Lake Disney and the Village. It still feels fresh, new and shiny too which makes it compare favourably to the Cheyenne as I think it is starting to feel a bit tired now. Oooh you'll have a lovely time with all your family :love:

Thanks Kizzy. Prices as predicted are the same on the DLP site. Payday next Wednesday so will call and book with a deposit. :cool1:

When would Aerlingus flights come out for January '16 does anyone know?

My little car is going to be very tight with all of us and luggage. Think I'll have to send the 2 lads on the Aircoach.

Can book ADRs tomorrow for our last day. So these are my current thoughts on meals.

Thursday - we land @ 15.40 so figure we'll be checked in hotel by 6pm. Then a dash to City Hall for disabled pass and up to Central Plaza to watch Dreams @ 7. Will book Cafe Mickey for 8.30pm. I know it will be mad straight after Dreams but we don't have time to eat before.

Friday - Going to try to make a good dent in the meet & greets this morning. Have booked the Planet Hollywood cocktails and VIP platter for 2.30 and that is going to be lunch. If we're still hungry afterwards we can get a EOS or a mugshot pasta in our hotel. Dreams is at 7 again so I thought we'd have a CS meal about 5pm. Have copied restaurant opening hours for our dates from the disney gazette onto a spreadsheet and will print that to bring for quick reference.

Saturday - would like to try to make EMH in WDS this day. Lunch at Cafe des Cascadeurs then back to hotel for a nap. If sister was game then we could get a CS meal about 8 and perhaps she would let us stay for Dreams @ 10pm. Will largely depend on how cold and wet it is I imagine.

Sunday - would love to get to EMH in main park today and think I will book for Sunday Brunch in Inventions. Theme is supposedly "Christmas" but the photos from last year don't look particularly Christmassy. However they are very colourful and not in standard costumes so I figure sister will be pleased. I imagine we will be ready for a nap again after brunch so might try to persuade her ladyship to come back for supper and Dreams again in the evening.

Monday - our last day and my birthday. Would like to do something special for dinner today. I won't be getting a birthday cake - it is always mostly wasted as there are only the 2 of us - but I would like a nice meal. Though I had said we wouldn't I'm thinking about Auberge - sister loves the character interaction and I actually loved my food there in June. I am just not certain that I want to do it again - would be our 3rd time there. But then I think this could be our last visit so we should buy ourselves tiaras and have a big birthday princess lunch! Our flight is at 21.30 so we will have to leave at 6.30 meaning I think we should book for 4pm. Will book it tomorrow anyway then have a think over the next few weeks and cancel if I decide against.

Any other ideas?

I'm still reading along !!!
Sorry to read about the trip I know it can be a shock to people if they haven't seen others for a while.
I'm happy for you to post pics of the bag I just hope it make your sister smile.

Oh 2016 fab I don't think we are going to go in the summer now but I'm going to book a little Xmas trip instead staying at the NPB.
Sorry fir short reply twins are up and need feeding.
Catch up real soon
Xxx

Just catching up - sorry to hear that your trip to Spain wasn't as good as it could have been.

I love all the goodies you've bought - I need to get some of those socks :rotfl::rotfl:

All your plans and meals sound great. We loved Bistro Chez Remy. I know it might be a bit restrictive in terms of timings though. No characters, but there is loads to look at inside.

I'm still reading along !!!
Sorry to read about the trip I know it can be a shock to people if they haven't seen others for a while.
I'm happy for you to post pics of the bag I just hope it make your sister smile.

Oh 2016 fab I don't think we are going to go in the summer now but I'm going to book a little Xmas trip instead staying at the NPB.
Sorry fir short reply twins are up and need feeding.
Catch up real soon
Xxx

Thanks Rachael - not dwelling on it - that was then - looking forward to Christmas. :thumbsup2 Brilliant - will take pics and post soon. Haven't given it to sister yet - going to do that before we go. She is going to love it - still can't believe how much lovely stuff you sent her. :hug:

Just catching up - sorry to hear that your trip to Spain wasn't as good as it could have been.

I love all the goodies you've bought - I need to get some of those socks :rotfl::rotfl:

All your plans and meals sound great. We loved Bistro Chez Remy. I know it might be a bit restrictive in terms of timings though. No characters, but there is loads to look at inside.

Thanks Julie. I would love to try BCR but sister wouldn't eat any of the adult meals and I found most places wouldn't let her choose dishes from the children's menu in June. It's a shame because I think she would eat the meatballs. Maybe we can catch it at a quiet time and go in for just a drink?

Some more Disney and Christmas shopping done in Primark and Asda this weekend.

This jumper is for sister and is from Primark.

The others are all from George at Asda.

We both got one of these.

They only had this one in sister's size.

So I got this one instead. Not as much fun.

I really need to get us some waterproof trousers now. Last time I looked a month or so ago the only ones I could find were very pricey. Will have another trawl online.

Made our ADRs this evening. :goodvibes

Cafe Mickey on Thursday 18th @ 8.30
Inventions Sunday Brunch on Sunday 21st @ 1.30
Auberge de Cendrillon on Monday 22nd @ 3.30

We have the Planet Hollywood cocktails and platter for lunch on Friday and will eat CS for the rest of our meals.

I'm thinking around the end of February or early March for Jan 16 flights. We're looking at the 25th of January for 5 days but I'll have a look and try to stretch another couple of days out of it ;-) . Will book on the 5th :-) such an expensive addiction!
Love your purchases :banana:

Delighted to hear you have another trip coming up!! You are so good to your sister. What a lovely time of year to go.
Love all the bits & bobs you've bought. I NEED that Mickey hat!

Thanks for the flights info Kizzy. Fingers crossed for your booking - still planning to book the Jan 16 trip on Wednesday - just paying deposit for now. :goodvibes Addiction indeed. :rotfl2:

Hey dhidra - good to see you back on here and planning another trip. :thumbsup2 Sadly the fabulous Mickey hat was sold out - I loved it. :love:

I'm probably more excited about this trip than sister - I purposely haven't talked to her about it in weeks - will do a big reveal in a couple of weeks. :cool1:

Booked airport parking and transfers today. Going to give RS transports another chance - they're nearly half the price of Ezyshuttle for us. Both journeys are with Blue Van Paris actually so hopefully we won't have the same mad driver we had on our way back to airport in June - that was an RS Transports driver. :rolleyes1

My son's partner posted this picture of my beautiful grandson on facebook today - I bought him the bodysuit in DLP in June and he now fits into it. :love:

Going to book his first Disney trip tomorrow. :cheer2:

Awww, so cute :) So exciting to be planning another trip :goodvibes

Love all the jumpers, I nearly bought the Primark one the other day too :thumbsup2

Awww what a cutie! He is a handsome boy.
I'm with you on Wednesday! No college that morning so I'll be booking for January 2016 too :yay:
Fingers crossed for sane drivers lol!
I must email them back to finalise our March booking.

Thanks Julie and Kizzy - he's a sweetie. He stayed here last night and was good as gold. :goodvibes So looking forward to seeing DLP again through his eyes. :love:

Oooh, look forward to hearing about your January 16 booking Kizzy - will we overlap? :)

OK, so a few weeks ago the lovely Rachael messaged me to say that she had some spare Disney goodies and asked if she could send them to my sister for our trip. Finally got round to photographing them this weekend. What a lovely, generous lady you are Rachael, sister is going to be thrilled when she gets them.

I finally found waterproof overtrousers for less than the price of a night's stay in DLH and while I was on the website where I found them I decided to buy snow boots just in case. Hopefully overkill but they weren't at all expensive and I am likely to get some wear of mine over the years, whatever about sister. Hers are lovely and pink and girly so we will bring them anyway to keep her feet toasty in the wheelchair.

OK, it's been a week or so since I updated this thread.

I've booked 5th - 9th January 2016 for me and my 2 boys, DS2's partner and my grandson in 2 rooms in Santa Fe. Last 2 days of Christmas Season. Will be giving them their reveal certificates with their Christmas presents this year so they know they have a year to save some spending / eating money. :goodvibes

Told sister's care home this week we're going back to DLP again just before Christmas this year. One of the ladies who lived there sadly passed away on Tuesday night and everyone is really upset. It's a very small place - 13 residents - so when something happens to one of them they all feel it. The funeral yesterday was so sad. :angel:

We are going to Disney on Ice next Thursday evening - front row seats pixiedust: - but the pleasure of that has been a little diluted as I've been called to give evidence in court that day. It's work - I'm not in trouble myself - but I hate court days and will be in a panic all day in case it makes me late to pick sister up. :rolleyes2

Sister has a really bad UTI. Last weekend she had a chest infection and was on antibiotics and the care staff told me she had been incontinent of urine a lot that week - one whiff when she went at my house and I knew she had an infection. I told them when I brought her back on Sunday but her GP insisted on waiting until a sample had been tested so she only started on an antibiotic yesterday. She's really poorly and I'm so frustrated that they didn't see the signs earlier. :confused3

Am in a bit of a quandry at the news that Cafe Mickey is now a set menu only. We had planned to have just a main course each there on the evening we arrived but if we now have to spend a minimum of E33 from a reduced choice I'm not that sure it will suit. As we have also booked ADC and Inventions Sunday Brunch I'm thinking of changing track completely and booking Premium half board and booking Manhattan for Friday after Dreams and perhaps cancelling CM and adding Walt's or Blue Lagoon for Saturday evening before Dreams.

My reasoning is - CM will cost a minimum of £60, Auberge £110 and Brunch about £120 - totalling £290. We still need CS meals on the other 2 days which will be about £25 - £30 each day so likely to spend £350 ish on food. Premium HB will cost us £384 and we will get 4 really good meals for that.

Still thinking about it but given we're just over a month until we go so I do need to decide quickly.

In terms of shopping I'm not sure we have much more let to get - I've bought some stickers and hi-vis tape for her wheelchair as we'll be out in the dark so much. Think we have all the Disney and Christmas jumpers we can wear for our trip. We both have Thermal underwear, snow boots and waterproof over-trousers. We have Rachael's fabulous goodie bag for sister and I have bought sister's travel insurance. Pretty much sorted! :thumbsup2

Watching the early Enchanted Christmas news with huge excitement... :goodvibes

Love the pics - some really lovely things there :goodvibes

Sorry to hear that your sister isn't doing well just now - hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon (my gran had the same problems and infections seemed to be there constantly for her) and she'll feel better before too long :goodvibes

It's a tough decision re the meal plan. I think with the options you're choosing, Auberge, Inventions you might well be better off with the meal plan. Remember that you get a drink included too with the HB option.

We decided against it last time as we don't generally eat 3 courses and some of the choices on the menu didn't suit. But, if you think you will eat all 3 courses and are happy with the choices, it may make sense to do it and not be stressing about where you're going to eat.

I'm still here :) the dis not playing ball at the min with me and our computer poorly so no pics uploaded yet, will try next week to get smothering started.
Glad your happy with what I sent hope it makes her smile :goodvibes.

I hope you get her infection sorted before your trip what you know my felling with drs not taking notice when you know something wrong.
Also felling your pain with meal plans I've got PH form 365 and bbwws from ticketmaster twins want cafe Mickey for birthday meal and also want to do ADC 3 adults and 2 kids it's not cheap.
We have 2 onsite nights thinking off other plus meal plan or adding the meals on not sure yet. The weeks meals will be the biggest expense.
Great boots btw hope in just right weather wise got to be a bit cold as it Xmas but not to cold it hurts one trip we had -21 put me off a bit
Xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter