Some questions re: my upcoming trip

SandraVB79

<font color=deeppink> I am a Jungle Cruise skipper
I will be in Disneyland from August 23-29. Or, that is, I'll be IN the parks from August 24-28, but we'll arrive at the hotel on the 23rd, and will leave again on the 29th.

Can one make reservations for the Rainforest Cafe?

Is it really necessary to make reservations for Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe and the Wine Country Trattoria (at DCA), or is it possible to still be seated as a walk-up? We'll be two adults (no need for large table to seat large group).
I guess walk-up at Blue Bayou is virtually impossible? Do they allow you to just go for dessert?

What time is the best to do the Walk in Walt Footsteps tour? Morning or afternoon?

What are the early entree days?

What kind of batteries do those mistler-fans use? Can you change batteries in those things? I'm afraid my mom will suffer big time because of the heat. How hot exactly does it get in California at the end of August?

Thanks in advance.

Early Entry days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. I believe you can just have dessert at BB. As for Rainforest Cafe I know our local doesn't take reservations, but I don't know about DTD. I don't know about the necessity of making reservations for Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe and the Wine Country Trattoria.

We've never had reservations for Carnation Cafe. Sometimes we waited, other times, no. Depends on what time you go.

The recorded greeting for Disney Dining specifies to call Rainforest Cafe (DTD) directly for reservations, and I believe it provides the phone number as well. From this I would assume that you can make reservations for RFC @ DTD.

There are very few sit-down restaurants at DL/DCA, so if I had my heart set on a particular location and day/time, I would at least call that day and make a PS. If I don't mind having to wait, or changing plans if it's too busy, I won't. And you can call DD for a PS the same day, too!

For Rainforest Cafe, I would definately call and make reservations. I've seen a 2 hour wait some Friday evenings! Their number is (714) 772-0413. It's one of my favorite places to eat at DTD! Have fun! :sunny:

If the Rainforest Cafe at DTD does not take reservations, sign up for their Safari Card. This card almost guarantees you priority seating. I think if it is just excessively busy, all bets are off. I've never had them tell me no to priority seating. It costs $10 I believe, but they send you a $10 off coupon with your membership card, so they essentially give the $10 back to you. Also, you get 10% off entrees every time you visit any RFC.

Made ressies for Rainforest yesterday for 1500 on 8/19.

Last August we tried to use our Safari card to get in on a Sat and it was booked and packed. They were not taking any standby at that time.

Jack pirate:

I'm not sure that eating at the RFC is something we will do when we are there since the one here SUCKS, but I did find out some information about the Safari Club. It gets you priority seating, and 10% off entrees for 3 people, and 10% off merchandise. Something to consider if you are for sure going to eat there.

http://www.rainforestcafe.com/

We made ressies for RFC 65 days out, in the evenings you need them, they
are packed. With a ressie we were seated right away and we could sit
upstairs! You need to call them directly.

We also had breakfast one morning at rainforest, we did not need a ressie
for that. It was very good! Try the sunrise punch, yummy!!!

Carnation Cafe - no ressie neccessary, but short wait.
We had breakfast there and Oscar the chef came around to visit us!
Apple pancakes, yum!!! Great place to relax and people watch.

Thank you for all the answers.
I don't think we'll buy that safari-card for RFC. The only time we go to a RFC is when we are at DL, and I don't think that will happen that soon anymore after next trip. Also, we never spend that much money in there, so it's not really worth it. I guess we'll just wait, and shop a little around in the mean time. It will also depend on the arrival time of our plane at what time we'll be there (11,5 hours of flight, there is always something that can happen)

Walt’s Footsteps tour? Morning, its not as hot as the afternoon, and I think the mister fans take AA batteries, not sure, but you can buy batteries in the parks, for a high price... Oh yeah, it gets pretty hot in August, so midday breaks are suggested. Hottest times are from 12 - 4, so like I said go swimming or shop. Just stay well hydrated and try to keep cool!

Have fun! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter