Something About Nothing............ #14

My new park bag This trip. Posting for our comrade who loves purple
CDF67BB9-5A86-4C2D-A1CC-23B23986B41A.jpeg
Saw josh gad surrounded by security in Epcot today. Our narrator for CP this evening.

Dinner pkg at LE cellier was an excellent splurge. Couldn’t finish my filet. The merry elf did it justice
I haven't had a White Castle burger in ages. Probably a couple of decades.
Oh the onions talked to me all night. Will be awhile before I indulge again.
E8A24518-962F-439F-8053-B23CEB55B627.jpeg

His sugar free mousse surprising good. I can’t pass crème brûlée

Attachments

• 83716EAD-95E3-4FB3-8C7A-CF848662B6C4.jpeg
    83716EAD-95E3-4FB3-8C7A-CF848662B6C4.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 0
Will do!

I don’t know what the gas prices you all are having but ours are today at $2.39.

I filled my tank up 3 days ago when it was $2.41

Just saw keisha posted and hope she has more food pictures to share with us.

Nice pictures of your offspring!

How many mickey bags do you have now Keisha?

Love that bag, Keisha. Filet one of my favorite cuts of meat. We always enjoyed our meals there.

Ooh I’m full. Decided to make some corn bread. Was delicious with real butter and the soup I made. Older one has leftovers, that I know he will finish.

Ag alarm has already been set, and that earlier bedtime tonight. Monday blues will start soon enough. Sigh. But movie Friday, then baking weekend take 2, and shorter week day routine next week. Then ah, time for relaxing, with haircut next week.

Enjoy this Sunday night. Had to go out, after dinner, 20 minutes ago, as apparently little one needs a new pillow. And I guess everyone else needed to ge out there too. Traffic seems busy for a Sunday night. I guess because time of year, maybe longer hours at some places. t least I think I’m done shopping, all but one delivery to come, and then planning to be wrapping what I have startling this week.

How many mickey bags do you have now Keisha?
I can’t count that high:rolleyes1 I usually stick
With Dooneys That backpack a cheaper loungefly one I’m not worried about getting banged up in parks. My first, was surprised how comfy it is.

PS I filed up tank at home last Wednesday. Was happy to see it drop to $3.27 gallon. Generally, a dime higher elsewhere

Last edited:
Thank you again to the special San ladies for your lovely comments recently, mac, Janet, Maria Ruth and Robbie......always appreciate your kind words. Lindsey`s funeral is today, certainly sending all her family and friends prayers today to get through that, I have no idea how they will. It`s been a tough week since we heard the news. Thank you.

Yesterday one of my best friends made me go out an early walk with her and the dogs....I didn`t really have a choice as she just turned up and hijacked me.....it was very nice though and although we didn`t go far, that sunrise was beautiful, but so cold!! And she was right, a very brisk walk with those doggies and her, it did me the power of good.

woods10-S.jpg

And we start the week again below freezing here. We haven`t really had much snow, being right beside the coast we can miss it, but it`s been pure white with a thick frost last few days and not much above freezing anytime.

Promised to take one of my friend`s granddaughters to see Father Christmas after school today, mum is in France lawyering....dad is away for a week and grandma has been asked to work too, so happy to help out. I`m glad she still believes at almost 6, she is adorable.

Got some more presents to buy, some cards too and I need more gift cards so will head out this morning and hopefully get what we need. No lists, I just hope I see items that will suit whoever I`m looking for.

Slow roasting a chicken in the Aga today, then tomorrow will let the carcass boil down for as many hours as it needs to make a beautiful stock for chicken noodle soup, using the extra chicken that`s helped flavour the stock. Only way to make real home made chicken noodle soup. Tonight will make mini roasties, roast carrots and parsnips and will make up some pepper sauce to go with the chicken, very winter warming dish perfect for a day like this.

Going to make some minion christmas cupcakes for Elise this afternoon before we head off to see Santa......last lot I made for Christmas looked more like they could have been for Halloween! The red did not blend well.

i-fj8NZDL-S.jpg

cv32-M.jpg

Have a lovely Monday :santa:

Schumi, I’m so sorry to hear of Lindsay’s passing. May the family and her friends find some peace and comfort today. May sweet memories of her never go away, and remain in the hearts of those grieving the loss of her.

Ah yes, a Monday is here. At freezing, and a cloud filled day. At least the rain is gone, for now. Tomorrow is going to be a full day of sun, as certainly need to see that taco in bright sunshine. But today, not as bright, with all the clouds. Have already heard two of the four trash trucks that will be coming this morning. Had told older one should drag them up, as said to him last night, to do so, before he takes off for work. All cans should be empty by the time he’s leaving for work. Then maybe will rock sone shades, maybe not. Will see at my lunchtime walk. Always carry my shades.

Most marvelous Monday today homies..

My new park bag This trip. Posting for our comrade who loves purple
View attachment 724452
Saw josh gad surrounded by security in Epcot today. Our narrator for CP this evening.

Dinner pkg at LE cellier was an excellent splurge. Couldn’t finish my filet. The merry elf did it justice

Oh the onions talked to me all night. Will be awhile before I indulge again.
View attachment 724453

His sugar free mousse surprising good. I can’t pass crème brûlée

And I just love it Janet! Never seen the movie (I know I know :blush:) love the bag though. You suit purple too!!

Glad the trip has been such a success, love your pictures! I`m going to try White Castle, everyone I know loves them, so have to go with them as they know good burgers! And creme brulee......one of my favourites!

Had a lovely visit to see Father Christmas yesterday with an over excited 6 year old. All she asked for was a real typewriter and a tub of hot chocolate....my heart about melted! She plays with my old typewriter and hopefully she`ll catch the writing bug.

Took her for some hot chocolate and muffin in costa coffee afterwards, she loves it in there, then grandma picked her up later before dinner, I said I`d feed her but no need.

Today is still absolutely freezing outside, our heating won`t be off at all today again. I thought it had snowed overnight as the place was pure white when I looked out, just a hard frost. Been out to do my school reading this morning which was a tough one due to the choice of book. But, home now and should get most of my wrapping done today.

Lovely home made chicken noodle soup and a sourdough bread I baked before I went out this morning, dinner is roasted salmon, mini roast potatoes and some veg.

Ordered some new outfits for Christmas, so that delivery should be here today or tomorrow, a few other things in there too. Ordered some special gifts for my friend and her family who are Jewish and don`t celebrate Christmas, simple things though and add in some chocolate coins for the kids who although they are older, still love getting them. They do still come to our Boxing Day extravaganza when we do have them, well they are some of our best friends I`d hate them to miss it.

i-H9Rx4ps-S.gif

cv41-S.jpg

cv40-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday 🎄

How cute, Schumi, the 6 year old. Haven’t seen a real typewriter lately. That’s how I learned to type. Now I use a single finger, mostly.

05D77519-1E71-487F-B359-2ABC5B029D49.jpeg

On my second cup of tea, but had to scrape car windows to be that early bird commuter. About 15 minutes ago, looked at my window, picture above.

Yep, a full sunny day, but cool feeling. Yeah, when your car gives you an icy conditions warning beep when you start to drive. Yes, surely cool, at 25 degrees right now. But at least no rain or wet on the roads.

No lunchtime walk, well, walking to restaurant for holiday lunch with coworkers. So day will tell family not hungry for an early dinner.

And thus, day Mac gets a Taco Bell meal.

Yes, a Taco Tuesday. Time to eat a 🌮, or maybe two.

Most terrific Taco Tuesday to all.

Finally getting to do a quick stop in!!! Gotta love taco Tuesday!

I had a busy weekend with working, and the shifts went fast as it was busy. I keep seeing lots of beautiful things in carts while I was working at the register/tills/POS. It is amazing what other people find even though I look at the shelves every shift lol.

Work is busy with people finishing up projects before Christmas break. There always seems to be papers to shuffle or specialized invoicing needing to be completed. I'm alright with that. It makes the day go fast!

Weather is turning cold again...nothing new for us. We had a reprieve for a few days - which is nice...but it's heading to the deep freeze again.

Hmmmm...something weird is happening with my quotes :confused: So no replies to what I read.

Have a great evening everyone!

believe the glitch on the boards has been corrected now Pumpkin

Still all wonky and off kilter here mac......laptop, ipads and phone are all the same. Hope they get it sorted soon.

We had snow overnight, not deep, but enough. Real feel of -5 which is around 23C. Cold in any language.

This morning volunteering again to do some checking on folks who are a little vulnerable, going to be a cold one. It`s been a while since we had temps this cold for sustained period for this length of time. Usually we have a cold day or so and it`s gone. Should be warmer by Tuesday, so hoping by the time we drive up to Scotland it`ll be gone.

Think I`m sorted for Christmas now, only a few bits and bobs to pick up to take up to Scotland with us and the odd stocking filler here and there. Waiting on one parcel to arrive and some Christmas clothes I ordered and I`m done. I think. There`s always something to find.....

Doing a pork fillet in chinese spices and hoisin sauce, chinese leaf stir fry to go with it for dinner tonight, made some sausage rolls last night for lunch today to try a different sausagemeat to see if it`s nice. Food sorted for the day as breakfast is toast and marmalade.

Going an early walk with my friend with the dogs again this morning, along the shore, we are so lucky where we live.. sunrises are so pretty with beautiful scenery around, it can`t beaten for views. I think it`ll be a short walk for me, it`s going to be bitter out there.

i-Vd944j3-Th.jpg

cv35-Th.jpg

cv30-S.jpg

Happy Wednesday :santa:

Ooh 3 degrees above Schumi, right now, but clear skies for me. Cool indeed for both of us. At least not a large amount of snow. Nice to have meals sorted for today, and hope your walk was enjoyable this morning.

And yes, we have that mid week of a day, Wednesday is here. And yes,
1A92F71F-F47B-4565-91AE-D19CD764AAA4.png
Just like the camel returns every Wednesday, so do the clouds for us later today. Hence the camel is floating by with the clouds, to wish all of us homies to have that most wonderful of a hump in the week day kinda feeling day, a wonderful Wednesday.

Yeah, glad no commuting tomorrow, as wintery mix, then heavy rain is our Thursday weather. Yep, that need to water all, and soak the now mostly hard frozen land. Fitting for our thirsty Thursday.

Hmm, boards not wonky for me right now. Hope they can fix the issues that have been happening.

But up that early hour, and with it in the mid 20’s in temp, hear the heater on. See, I turn it down overnight, then bump it up when I arise, as nice to be freshening up for the day in warmer air.

So, this tea drinking homie needs to get back to that week day routine. And sending good thoughts all are happy and healthy, and getting ready for some holiday fun.

Yay for not this weekend, but next weekend, woot! Holiday one.

Hehe, going to have little one mail my cards for me. Think the postal service said tomorrow, was the last day for standard mail to be guaranteed to be delivered by Christmas. Picked up cute holiday stamps, so she can stamp them for me, then drop off later this morning. She’s on that term done. Should have graduated this month, but missed one class required for her major. Hence, my pocketbook is not done paying for her classes, and now a Spring graduation, with the masses. University is so large, they do the different degrees, at different times in the day. Sigh.

Ooh Robo’s countdown ever thst close to single digits.

Ah nothing like phone flashing mid west storm, as my weather app gives updates of weather flashes every so often. Thus, while I get that wintery mix, very cool feeling rain tomorrow, I sincerely hope MonyK and Buckeev, and any other homie in that bad weather in our mid west areas, stay safe and dry.

Our high today will be 52 and some rain later today
Last I checked, temps were at maybe 49

Now this is cold weather for where I am.

After living in the south, it’s still better than living a mile from Lake Michigan ….

Wind off the lake when we lived in the north had me use profanity a lot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter