Something About Nothing............ #14

Only way I was up at 6ish this morning is due to doc for blood draw, morning appointment

Hope it goes well mac, I know it’s not your favourite thing to do……

Think of kittens and butterflies while they do it……unless you don’t like butterflies of course :rotfl:

Catch up later :)

Well, not moving an inch today. Woke up around 2.30 with slight vertigo…..got up to go to the bathroom and almost went head first onto the floor.
I forgot u had intermittent issues with that. Miserable to go thru. Yes, R&R today!
Only way I was up at 6ish this morning is due to doc for blood draw, morning appointment
I’m sure the cats appreciated early breakfast

Nice to see the homies meeting up. Pretty cool Lynne & charade brought along their girls too. Family trips to my happy places, add on another level of joy

Going with another water pill today as the one leg still puffy, not as bad as yesterday though. Forward momentum :). Still, cannot believe how often running to Bathroom. No idea how people use them every day unless your body adjusts

Keisha: I hope you start feeling better soon! Did you get hit by a WC or were you pushing one? Just wasn't clear to me. Just curious.

It sounds like Keisha, Mac, Lynne, and Charade got to meet up during your visits. That sounds like a lot of fun.

I can't wait to meet up with Carole in November. I think it's something to special to actually get to meet up with friends that you correspond with on these sites. We have met a lovely young couple years ago whom we are still friends with. Those times are special.

Carole: I hope you are up and about soon! Take care of yourself, but I know Tom will do that:)

I am making homemade noodles today to have beef and noodles for supper. It's one of our favorites. I serve it with mashed potatoes and homemade french bread. Yum. I don't make this often enough but I should because it is really easy to make.
We are experiencing a weird heat wave - up to 80's today. We'd better enjoy it because it's back to 50's later this week:(

Going to check on the noodles and get lunch:)

ruth

Good afternoon Sans family :wave2:

IMG_1540.gif

IMG_2305.jpeg

IMG_2304.jpeg

IMG_1835.jpeg

I’m beat. First hot bath in over two weeks on my agenda:banana:
Yes, a good hot bath is wonderful.

Problem with one leg dramatically swelling overnight that was injured pushing a WC at one point at U. :confused3 Not infected looking. Scabbed over just fine. Just black & blue and decided to puff up.
Sounds like possible cellulitis. The redness doesn‘t always set in right away. If you had a break in your skin which it sounds like you did that is enough to let the bacteria in. Might not hurt to give the Doc a call and be seen and get on med to head off any complications.

Don’t want to see you have to go through long drawn out treatment for leg infection.

Took a water pill for first time, now I know why they say to take them during the day :oops:
Yes, they will keep you going to the bathroom for sure. If it’s furosemide (lasix) make sure to get your potassium rich foods in. Lasix is not a potassium sparing diuretic and it can deplete your potassium pretty easily and lead to leg cramps etc.

That’s a real needle in the haystack! Was the 🐔 good?
This has been the second time this has happened. Luck of the draw. Disney Springs was not busy on Monday so that helped alot.

The chicken was very good. They for sure know how to make it there.

Have fun at the party
We did thank you.

My one complaint is the walk from the parking lot to the boat. Then off the boat to the entrance gate and back again. You. have walked your feet off before you enter the event. I guess I’am just spoiled to Universal‘s proximity to the parks.
Hope you had fun tonight and BOG was good.
I was a little apprehensive about the reservation after reading a few recent reviews, but we had a wonderful meal and service.

How lovely you got to meet up with Robbie, she is a nice lady!
Thank you, so sweet of you to say that Carole you are a nice lady too.

Well, not moving an inch today. Woke up around 2.30 with slight vertigo…..got up to go to the bathroom and almost went head first onto the floor. Tom helped me and went to get my dizzy tablets, I’m so glad I always keep a supply…just in case.
I hope you feel better. Vertigo is awful. Sending you good wishes and prayers that you feel better soon.

Mac hope the doc appt went well and labs were normal.

Kicked back and just resting in the room now. I think a nap is coming soon.

Had a nice meet up and chat with Charade and her lovely daughter B. Lynne and her daughter were there too. Was glad to get to meet Lynnes daughter and see Lynne yesterday.

Always nice to get to see some of the Sans family members in person.

Did a little shopping in Seuss Land for little J’s upcoming birthday. I found a number of things for him in the Seuss book store.

The MNSSHP was nice. I will admit I’am not a huge fan of Disney, but my sister loved the party. Seeing her smile and enjoy her self was worth it.

For some reason the excessive noise level was extreme last night.

All the cast members we ran into were very pleasant and happy.

They were giving out very generous amounts of candy to folks who were Trick or Treating. All the little ones were absolutely thrilled with their candy haul. Their little bags were over flowing.

We had a wonderful meal at BOG. Our server Luis was a gem. I was happy the meal was good and my sister enjoyed herself.

I noticed there was not as much merchandise as in the past. The last time I went with my older sister was in 2017 and there was merchandise galore.

The only downside is the NIghtmare Before Christmas popcorn buckets were sold out and my sister had really wanted one of those. I think the problem is Disney is not limiting purchase of popular things and people are buying them up then putting them on Ebay etc… for extremely inflated prices.

Going to try and go over for HHN earlier this evening and have walk through the scare zones and hit the last 2 houses I have not seen.

I wanted to try and see some of Scareactors when it is lighter out as there has been a lot of fog in couple of the scare zones and it is hard to appreciate the costumes.

I feel that nap coming on.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone.

Oh Keisha, hope your leg is better soon. And always nice to use your own bathroom. And have a lazy day, today.

Well, after closing the park at midnight, we decide our feet had enough, and left around 12:15am, with the crowds. Fireworks were great, and the parade always so fun, with a tune that is catching.

IMG_1894.jpeg

And so,, lazy morning for us. Finally got little one up, and hopefully will be getting moving soon.

Oh and the reminder is here:

IMG_1932.jpeg

Ah yes, that mid week reminder, and camel is in vacation mode. Yay, a hump day is here, that woot feeling meaning over this Wednesday, means Friday then a day away.

Most Wonderful Wednesday to all.

I forgot u had intermittent issues with that. Miserable to go thru. Yes, R&R today!

I’m sure the cats appreciated early breakfast

Nice to see the homies meeting up. Pretty cool Lynne & charade brought along their girls too. Family trips to my happy places, add on another level of joy

Going with another water pill today as the one leg still puffy, not as bad as yesterday though. Forward momentum :). Still, cannot believe how often running to Bathroom. No idea how people use them every day unless your body adjusts

Glad the leg improved, nasty one you got by the sounds of it.

Yes, it`s annoying.....but I was the Princess of R&R today......Tom has fed and watered me and helped me to move if I needed it, thankfully the worst was over by lunchtime, now just relaxing......I`m good at that!

Keisha: I hope you start feeling better soon! Did you get hit by a WC or were you pushing one? Just wasn't clear to me. Just curious.

It sounds like Keisha, Mac, Lynne, and Charade got to meet up during your visits. That sounds like a lot of fun.

I can't wait to meet up with Carole in November. I think it's something to special to actually get to meet up with friends that you correspond with on these sites. We have met a lovely young couple years ago whom we are still friends with. Those times are special.

Carole: I hope you are up and about soon! Take care of yourself, but I know Tom will do that:)

I am making homemade noodles today to have beef and noodles for supper. It's one of our favorites. I serve it with mashed potatoes and homemade french bread. Yum. I don't make this often enough but I should because it is really easy to make.
We are experiencing a weird heat wave - up to 80's today. We'd better enjoy it because it's back to 50's later this week:(

Going to check on the noodles and get lunch:)

ruth

Thanks Ruth, yes he is a gem, he makes a better nurse than I do to be honest.

We are so looking forward to saying hello on our trips Ruth, it`ll be here before we know it.

Dinner sounds lovely! It`s certainly almost time for mashed potato here too!

Good afternoon Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 795573

View attachment 795569

View attachment 795570

View attachment 795571

Yes, a good hot bath is wonderful.

Sounds like possible cellulitis. The redness doesn‘t always set in right away. If you had a break in your skin which it sounds like you did that is enough to let the bacteria in. Might not hurt to give the Doc a call and be seen and get on med to head off any complications.

Don’t want to see you have to go through long drawn out treatment for leg infection.

Yes, they will keep you going to the bathroom for sure. If it’s furosemide (lasix) make sure to get your potassium rich foods in. Lasix is not a potassium sparing diuretic and it can deplete your potassium pretty easily and lead to leg cramps etc.

This has been the second time this has happened. Luck of the draw. Disney Springs was not busy on Monday so that helped alot.

The chicken was very good. They for sure know how to make it there.

We did thank you.

My one complaint is the walk from the parking lot to the boat. Then off the boat to the entrance gate and back again. You. have walked your feet off before you enter the event. I guess I’am just spoiled to Universal‘s proximity to the parks.

I was a little apprehensive about the reservation after reading a few recent reviews, but we had a wonderful meal and service.

Thank you, so sweet of you to say that Carole you are a nice lady too.

I hope you feel better. Vertigo is awful. Sending you good wishes and prayers that you feel better soon.

Mac hope the doc appt went well and labs were normal.

Kicked back and just resting in the room now. I think a nap is coming soon.

Had a nice meet up and chat with Charade and her lovely daughter B. Lynne and her daughter were there too. Was glad to get to meet Lynnes daughter and see Lynne yesterday.

Did a little shopping in Seuss Land for little J’s upcoming birthday. I found a number of things for him in the Seuss book store.

The MNSSHP was nice. I will admit I’am not a huge fan of Disney, but my sister loved the party. Seeing her smile and enjoy her self was worth it.

For some reason the excessive noise level was extreme last night.

All the cast members we ran into were very pleasant and happy.

They were giving out very generous amounts of candy to folks who were Trick or Treating. All the little ones were absolutely thrilled with their candy haul. Their little bags were over flowing.

We had a wonderful meal at BOG. Our server Luis was a gem. I was happy the meal was good and my sister enjoyed herself.

I noticed there was not as much merchandise as in the past. The last time I went with my older sister was in 2017 and there was merchandise galore.

The only downside is the NIghtmare Before Christmas popcorn buckets were sold out and my sister had really wanted one of those. I think the problem is Disney is not limiting purchase of popular things and people are buying them up then putting them on Ebay etc… for extremely inflated prices.

Going to try and go over for HHN earlier this evening and have walk through the scare zones and hit the last 2 houses I have not seen.

I wanted to try and see some of Scareactors when it is lighter out as there has been a lot of fog in couple of the scare zones and it is hard to appreciate the costumes.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone.

Thanks Robbie, yep I`m sure I`m on the mend now...just moving very slow and no sudden head turns!!

Glad you enjoyed last night, I`m sure your sister loved her treat and enjoy tonight.

Yes, Tom has been a wonderful carer today, even though I felt "better" after I took the second tablet.

He made us lovely grilled sandwiches for dinner as requested and also made a few chunky chips for me too, so I was very full, not something we`d usually have for dinner, more a lunch for us, but tonight it was perfect.

Think I`ve eaten more cake and scones today than ever before, every time he made a pot of tea he`d bring the goodies too. Salad tomorrow.

Lamps on before 7 now, candles are lit and the fake ones the flicker are on as well, very cosy for an evening in front of the tv.

Middle DS eyed up the plethora of garden tomatoes on the counter and asked if I’d make sauce. Was planning on the sort with just blistered cherry tomatoes But, he’s hankering for red sauce. Almost done, smells heavenly.

ugh why did my quotes disappear. Sorry another post coming

Keisha: I hope you start feeling better soon! Did you get hit by a WC or were you pushing one?
I had exuberant young adults repeatedly bump into my back in one house, finally to point they managed to hit my legs and into the chair bars my leg went. had to laugh, disney has imprinted on my brain. First thing i thot inspecting it initially was the one mark looked like a hidden mickey.

I can't wait to meet up with Carole in November.
When are you traveling? to U?
Might not hurt to give the Doc a call and be seen and get on med to head off any complications.
promised the mr I would tomorrow if it hasn’t disappeared. I’m moving it about, icing & finally found my compression socks this afternoon. i insisted on buying black ones vs the white when podiatrist ordered them Years ago. the mr said I look like a school boy with my matching black shorts. I see it, lol. Feel heavenly, just an ordeal getting them on When you have a bit of padding ‘round the gut lol
Lasix is not a potassium sparing diuretic and it can deplete your potassium pretty easily and lead to leg cramps etc.
yep, that‘s it. Didn’t know, thanks. Will look for that & make sure to grab a banana

did you visit the near-by bakery when at Homecoming? One of these trips I may brave that line. Their other location:

IMG_3883.jpeg
Not sure if they offer the same goodies at DS one
My one complaint is the walk from the parking lot to the boat.
Oh, it’s a real death march when it’s in the 90’s…that concrete just makes it feel so much worse
Indeed!
They were giving out very generous amounts of candy to folks who were Trick or Treating.
Glad you said folks, not kids hehe. Yes, we still have ample here the mr is snacking upon
think the problem is Disney is not limiting purchase of popular things and people are buying them up then putting them on Ebay etc… for extremely inflated prices.
Pirates sail those seas. They often put a 2 person limit that I think is easily by-passable. That figment bucket last year was a real challenge to find. Then I had two other family members see it and ask for their own.

We were in Epcot the first day they had meet & greet/pic with Figment. The line was 5 hours long at the get-go. We skipped it. Figure demand may die down by end of Nov.

It is hump day - I can almost see the weekend peeking through!

It was/is another crisp fall day here. It is a little breezy - but not too bad.

Dinner last night was beef (elk) bites in gravy over garlic mashed potatoes with green beans and salad. It was alright - not as flavorful as I wanted. OH well - when your cooking at the end of the day and everyone just needs to eat - it was alright. It wasn't one of those times I could fuss with it alot.

I am not sure what is on the menu for tonight yet - still have half the roast in the fridge. Just no idea what to make with it yet.

Geeze...I started this post this AM. I've been busy today - or just distracted :rolleyes1 without getting much accomplished lol

It’s apparently considered a simple process by most to make it home made. I’ve never mastered it, the dough -yes. The pretty look with fork times -no lol. Mine are little mis-sharpen lumps. My ravioli & pirogi fall into same camp
At least they taste scrumptious
As long as they taste good - right????

I hope your leg is on the mend now.
The end of another good day. We decided to make today a somewhat lazy day. Slept in late then met Lynne and her daughter for lunch. Robo also came and chatted with us. We had a nice chat and then went our separate ways. It was nice seeing Lynne again, meeting her daughter, and also meeting Robo for the first time.
After lunch B and I did a little shopping then went back to our hotel. She went swimming and I stayed in the room and did some cross stitch. Dinner was at the hotel since neither of us wanted to go back out.
Sounds like a great day!
Having a great time. Perfect weather.
:cheer2:
Woke up around 2.30 with slight vertigo…..got up to go to the bathroom and almost went head first onto the floor. Tom helped me and went to get my dizzy tablets, I’m so glad I always keep a supply…just in case.
Yikes....that sounds kind of scary to hit you like that! I hope it doesn't last long
Sending positive vibes for great results.
Yum! I hear you on enjoying the nicer weather while it's here.

Enjoy your evening!

Well, I should find more papers to shuffle or perhaps shred

Have a great day everyone!

promised the mr I would tomorrow if it hasn’t disappeared. I’m moving it about, icing & finally found my compression socks this afternoon. i insisted on buying black ones vs the white when podiatrist ordered them Years ago. the mr said I look like a school boy with my matching black shorts. I see it, lol. Feel heavenly, just an ordeal getting them on When you have a bit of padding ‘round the gut lol
You have a good hubby looking after you.

Always good to have the doc get eyes on new issues as they can diagnose cellulitis vs clots vs onset worsening edema.

did you visit the near-by bakery when at Homecoming? One of these trips I may brave that line. Their other location:
We were able to get into Gideons at DS pretty quickly after lunch.

My favorite pic from there.

IMG_7172.jpeg

Oh, it’s a real death march when it’s in the 90’s…that concrete just makes it feel so much worse
Yes, K and I were talking about it that.

Better to be on-site during those events as hike from bus, monorail or boat easier to gate and better after event.

We did not get back to Portofino until 1:30 am.

Me: I really need to lose some weight so I can ride this HP ride again.
Enjoy your vacation. There will always be time to diet if needed in the future.

Shake looks good.

Enjoy your evening!
Thank you.

Carole glad to hear you are doing better.

Plans be deviled. It is raining cats and dogs outside. The biggest deluge I have seen since last year.

The heavens have opened widely.

Sometimes the Lord needs to force us “Foolish Mortals” to rest. Little “Haunted Mansion” jest there.

So much for HHN Plans this evening.

Club lounge was jumping this evening with everyone stuck in do to weather. Felt sorry for staff as they were really working hard to keep food refilled, tables cleared and everyone happy.

Doesn’t look like rain is going to let up anytime soon. So back to room for restful evening.

IMG_7637.jpeg

As long as they taste good - right????

I hope your leg is on the mend now.
They were awful to point I tossed. Fancier brand I haven’t tried in past. Back to the cheap, shelf stable ones. Good think I always have pasta
Well, I should find more papers to shuffle or perhaps shred
Lol so many I know love to shred paper
My favorite pic from there.
It’s an amazing one. I really want to see the decor more than the cookies.
Sometimes the Lord needs to force us “Foolish Mortals” to rest. Little “Haunted Mansion” jest there.
Lol

Heck no, when it’s pouring cats and dogs, what do u do? Go to the Magic Kingdom. Yep, walk on most rides, and fireworks to go off in about 1/2 hour. So we will stay. I’d post sone pictures, but my phone doesn’t t like my wet finger as much as little one’s phone. So I’ll ask her to send the shots to me. Right now, we downed a funnel cake, and waiting to go to the castle front in about 15 minutes.

Time to play on phones while we have them out under cover. Our rain jackets and poncho we brought with us, are working great. Backpack is dry. Yay! And making it lighter, as we drink most of our one liter bottles.

Hope all are safe and dry with this stormy night And Charade, that shake looks delicious.

Quick post before bedtime. Today was our HP day. We did early entry which wasn’t bad at all. I was expecting the crowds to be larger. We went straight to Hagrid’s motorbike like everyone else. The posted wait was 50 minutes but the line moved well. I wasn’t able to ride Forbidden Journey, but did get to ride Flight of the Hippogriff and Escape from Gringots.
After lunch we watched the Blues Brothers show and then the Bourne stunt show. We ended our day with shakes from Toothsome.

Tomorrow is our last day. The plan is to revisit our favorite rides.

IMG_2314.gif

IMG_2313.gif
that’s not any fun when rain comes and can’t enjoy the parks
You are right Mac. No fun on rainy night.

Update on HHN tonight.

I felt the need to hold up for the fearless older HHN brigade. I ventured over to HHN at about 9:30 pm and I was the only person on the boat from Portofino.

It was still raining, but it had slowed some. Poncho on board and off I went.

Back in the day if there was rain the house lines would be light. Not so tonight every youngster in Orlando was in line for the houses.

There was a 100 minute wait for Monsters Unmasked and the regular line was all the way back to the entrance to E.T. If you have ventured back to this house you know that was going go be a long wait.

I waited 20 minutes with express.

I worked my way on along to the back 3 houses and “Darkest Deal”, Last of US” and Dr Oddfellow House. All of these houses were on Delay.

Other houses in the front had decent wait times.

The Tribute Store was closed.

There were a few Scare Actors in a couple Scare Zones

I shopped some requested HHN shirts for the family and headed back to the Resort.

All showered and ready for bed.

Good night everyone.

IMG_2316.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter