Something About Nothing............ #14

I’m in a small town and went to pick up a carry out over an hour ago

What normally takes me 5 minutes, took 30

41 (Dixie highway) was packed, bumper to bumper.
It wasn’t until I got back home I realized peeps are traveling north out of Florida
Crazy! That’s a long drive north, but that’s where the hurricane is going isn’t it?
Been glued to the news. One guy mentioned, have to think about how far you can get on a tank of gas, and what if you can’t get any more. Lots of stations are running out.
How far up does Dixie go? There’s a Dixie Hwy not far from where we stay in Deerfield.

Yea that’s the same Dixie highway!
I used to live on a border town between Illinois and Wisconsin

I know where Deerfield is!

Had a few of my doctors practicing there when I lived up North

Atlanta and Chattanooga fill up their hotels when peeps leave Florida during hurricanes
No rain for me where I am
But temps back in the 90’s tomorrow for the week
Today was only 89

On our 6:00 news this evening, story about how bumper to bumper is now

I’m a couple miles off of the highway 75

We have two major highways north to south, 75 and 95 on the east coast

Yea that’s the same Dixie highway!
I used to live on a border town between Illinois and Wisconsin

I know where Deerfield is!

Had a few of my doctors practicing there when I lived up North

Atlanta and Chattanooga fill up their hotels when peeps leave Florida during hurricanes
No rain for me where I am
But temps back in the 90’s tomorrow for the week
Today was only 89

On our 6:00 news this evening, story about how bumper to bumper is now

I’m a couple miles off of the highway 75

We have two major highways north to south, 75 and 95 on the east coast
Sorry, I get lazy. Should have said Deerfield Beach, Fla. it’s just a tad south of Boca Raton

Alaska Airlines now offering travel waiver

ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TO CEASE OPERATIONS AT 2 AM MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2019 FOR HURRICANE DORIAN

Interesting about the goat milk formula!
I want a Kona. I have a Hyundai Sonata and every time I go for service I eye them. Last time I took a pic of the Kona with phone and sent it to the husband telling him I decided to trade mine in for that one!
I knew literally nothing about the Kona before we found this. Turns out it is ranked #1 of 17 Subcompact Crossovers by Car and Driver magazine. I believe it...it really is nice!

Ooh, I know neighbors that moved to Deerfield Beach. Small world, Sue. My cousin is in Port St. Lucie, so I am hoping she goes inland, or flew back where I am. I also know a retired coworker is in Ft. L, and can see the cruise ships from his balcony. I hope he stays safe too.

Did go out to eat, burgers, onion rings and oh so many fries. My meal was free, as birthday treat. Even nicer bill, and now full. DH even said if we wanted dessert. Um, no. May make a cup of coffee, now at home, beached. It is a beautiful night, and lots of traffic around, and the family restaurant was packed, even with us arriving around 6:45. Warm out, even after sunset, and have heard my AC on again, starting around mid afternoon. Tomorrow will be the nicest of the weekend. Hmm, maybe older one will humor me, and so the zoo.

Ah, when relaxing, a what to view on the screen. Have a restful night. And so happy, it is only Saturday tomorrow. Ahh. 😴

I will need luck today
Hope the day ended up being a good one!
Dentist didn't feel the damage was permanent, and that i got off lucky. Soft foods for the next few weeks
Glad no permanent damage. Sweet DH!

I haven’t heard anything about evacuating for my mom. She lives in an assisted living facility and I know she gets the best of care. She’s further away from the coast
Hoping she is OK! Is Dorian moving more along coast?
Thinking we must thrive on crazy around here!!
Oh yeah sounds familiar! Grandma has given each of the girls a car when they turn 16-her old car. While I worry about them driving, I have to say it is nice not having to act as chauffeur all the time! My 16 yo schedule is crazy-She is chief mentor (like a role model/tutor/leader), writing center tutor, involved in GSA (or some such initials-Gay-straight alliance), started a Harry Potter club this year, is in Marching Band, and is on a Robotics team. Senior this year too. I see her for a few minutes each day LOL.
Mom, what’s for dinner. Um, I have to get up, I suppose.
Hope that means you are feeling better!
I will never forget, a flight on a commercial plane, and I knew we were in trouble, as we were flying so much lower than the pilot let on. The stewards were so scared, they were in their seats right from the start of the flight. As we came in for the landing, there were fire trucks, police and ambulances on the tarmac. Seems when we successfully landed, we had very icy wings. When we exited the plane, we had heard a sister flight had just crashed in the nearby airport.
OMG that is scary!!
Been a friday from HE dbl hockey sticks. State survey was still in the home I was at today (should have exited today but coming back Tuesday), son forgot his instrument at school despite multiple warnings to NOT forget it(he has an assignment he has to do at home due Tuesday 8 am), DH is out of town so couldn't run him back to school and middle kid was home but being stubborn about running him back to school-which led to him having a breakdown etc. Finally told both of them that instrument better be in the house when I get home or they'd better run away as they wouldn't want to be there when I get home. As it is middle is grounded other than school activities, and son lost his computer and phone until monday. Princess Tiana has been pulled out of nesting box 3 times since I've been home -went to pull her out again and set her on roosting bar and threatened her with stew pot. And my personal computer that I also use for some work crapped out again-new computer but has some flaw that gives me a blue screen and won't restart. IF force a shutdown then it won't restart/turn on unless battery disconnected-which is like doing brain surgery on this model. Been so annoyed I made a martini and haven't felt like drinking it. Oh and lost my debit card.

OK rant over. Saturday will be better. I probably need to go to bed and wake up on a better side :)

Oh MonyK, what a day you have had. Relax, almost over, and hope your weekend is stellar. Yeah, siblings can be so mean to each other. Yeah, older one gave me grief when asked to take something to little one at school. And funny, naughty chicken.

Hi everyone!! It is warmer here today and sunny. I have been busy watching the storm stuff. Hoping everyone

Tomorrow Brian has to fix the roof so it will be clam strip Saturday night (nice special they have).

I just got through with some of my family in Florida. They are on the west coast but still preparing for the worst. Now I have to get ahold of my other side of the family.

Off to finish stuff. Have a good night!

Sorry, I get lazy. Should have said Deerfield Beach, Fla. it’s just a tad south of Boca Raton

You had me giggling....
Yes, Deerfield and Deerfield Beach are in opposite directions....

I've been trying to call relatives that live in Ocala, Flagler Beach and Jacksonville.
Guess they are somewhere safe as they are not answering their phones today.

Been a friday from HE dbl hockey sticks. State survey was still in the home I was at today (should have exited today but coming back Tuesday), son forgot his instrument at school despite multiple warnings to NOT forget it(he has an assignment he has to do at home due Tuesday 8 am), DH is out of town so couldn't run him back to school and middle kid was home but being stubborn about running him back to school-which led to him having a breakdown etc. Finally told both of them that instrument better be in the house when I get home or they'd better run away as they wouldn't want to be there when I get home. As it is middle is grounded other than school activities, and son lost his computer and phone until monday. Princess Tiana has been pulled out of nesting box 3 times since I've been home -went to pull her out again and set her on roosting bar and threatened her with stew pot. And my personal computer that I also use for some work crapped out again-new computer but has some flaw that gives me a blue screen and won't restart. IF force a shutdown then it won't restart/turn on unless battery disconnected-which is like doing brain surgery on this model. Been so annoyed I made a martini and haven't felt like drinking it. Oh and lost my debit card.

OK rant over. Saturday will be better. I probably need to go to bed and wake up on a better side :)

I can't top that......
You win the mom of the year prize
I always caved

And funny, naughty chicken.
Usually she makes me laugh but she must have sensed I wasn't in a good mood the last time and barely growled at me. Of course it was dark and she was 1/2 asleep. And she was in box furthest from door, so had to go out of coop, open nesting box area, carry her back and the reach alllllll the way to end of bar (there is a very definite pecking order on the roosting bar!!) to put her up. The other ladies were upset about all the shenanigans too-I am lucky my Diva Ellie didn't peck my face as my eyeball was right against her beak with me reaching in. Maybe they heard the stew pot threat....
I just got through with some of my family in Florida. They are on the west coast but still preparing for the worst. Now I have to get ahold of my other side of the family
Hope all is well. Dh's oldest, son in law and grandson are in Jacksonville. Son in law works in corporate Home Depot-and a few years ago got a bunch of generators and sold to employees at cost. They will evac if needed, but are set otherwise.
I can't top that......
You win the mom of the year prize
I always caved
mac-I am so annoyed and done with their bickering it ain't funny. However I do usually give the option of "earning" privileges back a bit early-usually involving lengthy chores I hate doing-without one complaint or fighting or it starts over. When the girls were younger I had the cleanest blinds and baseboards in the city!
I'm much more of a softy with the hens-I threaten with stew pot all the time. Although tonight was sorta close to meaning it :rotfl2:

I knew literally nothing about the Kona before we found this. Turns out it is ranked #1 of 17 Subcompact Crossovers by Car and Driver magazine. I believe it...it really is nice!
I think Hyundai puts out a very good product. I’ve had my Sonata 10 yrs and nothing has gone wrong with it. Just routine maintenance.
Ooh, I know neighbors that moved to Deerfield Beach. Small world, Sue. My cousin is in Port St. Lucie, so I am hoping she goes inland, or flew back where I am. I also know a retired coworker is in Ft. L, and can see the cruise ships from his balcony. I hope he stays safe too.

Did go out to eat, burgers, onion rings and oh so many fries. My meal was free, as birthday treat. Even nicer bill, and now full. DH even said if we wanted dessert. Um, no. May make a cup of coffee, now at home, beached. It is a beautiful night, and lots of traffic around, and the family restaurant was packed, even with us arriving around 6:45. Warm out, even after sunset, and have heard my AC on again, starting around mid afternoon. Tomorrow will be the nicest of the weekend. Hmm, maybe older one will humor me, and so the zoo.

Ah, when relaxing, a what to view on the screen. Have a restful night. And so happy, it is only Saturday tomorrow. Ahh. 😴
It is a small world. My parents have lived in S. Florida over 40 yrs. my dad passed away over 30 yrs ago so mom has been there by herself. They lived in N. Miami Beach, my brother went to high school there. The condo backed onto Biscayne Bay. I loved that place. Then mom moved to Coconut Creek, now she’s in a Home in Coral Springs.
When I come to see her I prefer to be on the ocean so I stay in Deerfield Beach. I think your co-worker by the cruise port is in the evac zone. I hope he does!
Lol, Port St. Lucie is our Turnpike pit stop when we drive up to Orlando!

Sounds like the burger was good. That’s what we’re having tomorrow. By brother-in-laws request!

@Monykalyn yikes you’ve had a day :scared: Sounds like my youngest daughter, could tell her not to forget something and in 5 min it’s forgotten.
My mom is in an assisted living home and she’s far enough west it should be ok. I spoke with the owner of the home today, needed some reassurance. She told me they’re ready, shutters up, lots of food, and they have a generator.
Oh those chickens! The stew pot had me laughing.

Mac & Bobbie, I’ve been making contact with everyone in Florida too. I have my mom & 2 cousins in northern Broward, and friend in Tampa. It’s hard not to worry!

Small world again, Sue. My grandparents lived in Miami, Coral Gables area, since my DM was 15. They left my DM here, with her older DSis. My GF died there, then GM moved to Ft. L until my DM had to bring her back here, as she needed daily care. I spent many a summer, as a kid on Miami beaches, and fishing with my GF off the bridges around the city.

Time for gas in my car and DH’s truck. Wish my darn state would lower taxes, we are about 10 cents higher than the national average. Boo.

Later, and Happy Saturday!

Jim Cantore is in Stuart
He usually goes where the action is

My parents always stayed in Stuart did a week as they stayed with one of their siblings there
They did an annual drive to see relatives each winter
I went some years with them as relatives down in Florida had pools
Swimming in the winter was fun

Did not do grocery shopping yesterday so that is my errand to do today

Going to read up and be current for hhn news today

Hope lol the homies are doing fine and have a relaxing weekend!

Good morning Sans family :wave2:

ED0D55FA-7D30-494B-96C7-630E8E6CBB93.jpeg

4C68FAC9-B090-4B73-B909-2923A2EFC80A.gif

Morning Lynne :wave2:

I'm glad your place seems safe down here, I'm sure the couple will be fine. They got each other and probably have experienced this a lot.

My older neighbors are originally from Vermont. This will be their first major hurricane. I always like to make sure our elderly in our community are safe. They are made of tuff stock for sure. Just sorry I can’t be there to help all those in need right now.

All the shutters are up in our community. They have set up a group of residents who will be checking on those who choose to stay in there homes if mandatory evacuations are required. Will hand it to our HOA they have been very organized about getting information out to all the homeowners in the community.

This is one of those occasions when I wished our home was west of 95, but that’s not the case.

Sending out prayers and good wishes to all family and friends in Florida. Everyone is as prepared as they can be.

Still praying this hurricane turns and heads out to sea.

I didn't say anything, but suddenly someone wrote along the lines of, "You're worried about your FPs!?!?!?!?!?!?!" It's a good thing I was working from home, because that made me laugh way too loudly. The stares I would have gotten in the office.

I try to temper those things with a bit of mercy. I know everyone in harms way sees the irony in someone worrying about their vacation, when so many have so much to loose, but i’am guessing lots of folks have probably done significant planning and spent a lot of money trying to plan their vacations. To them they can’t see outside of their bubble to see anything else right now. That’s ok.

Again homes can be rebuilt, vacations can be replanned. Lives are what matter the most.

My cousin is in Port St. Lucie, so I am hoping she goes inland, or flew back where I am. I also know a retired coworker is in Ft. L, and can see the cruise ships from his balcony. I hope he stays safe too.

Our town is not far from Port St. Lucie. I hope your cousin and friend are safe.

My 16 yo schedule is crazy-She is chief mentor (like a role model/tutor/leader), writing center tutor, involved in GSA (or some such initials-Gay-straight alliance), started a Harry Potter club this year, is in Marching Band, and is on a Robotics team. Senior this year too. I see her for a few minutes each day LOL.

Wow.....sounds like she is a incredibly busy young lady.

Princess Tiana has been pulled out of nesting box 3 times since I've been home -went to pull her out again and set her on roosting bar and threatened her with stew pot.

LOL....That made me laugh.

Oh and lost my debit card

Hope you find your card.

Last edited:
SAturday and need to get moving.
Love the wake up to Saturday memes/funnies.
Already gave the under the weather hen her antibiotic (the other hens jealous she got it in yogurt), and pulled the Princess out of the box (twice). Isolating her today to try to break her for good. I think she is losing weight as she won't eat unless we pull her out and block her from going back in. Need to run into town to drop box off at Fed Ex and then to feed store to get some straw and clean the coop. Then clean the house so can relax rest of weekend. Probably a grocery stop too.
Robo, Dixi hope your homes and friends and family are safe and storm continues a curve out to sea. Have friends in Carolina and Virgina so hoping the storm misses them too.
And got news a friend of ours from college, one of DH's fraternity brothers and someone we hung out with alot-died of massive heart attack last night. Several couples (we were invited but couldn't make timing work) from college years were to go on cruise together next month (originally to Cuba but obviously that changed). Very unexpected. DH has spotty wifi/internet at his dad's "farm" (where they go hunting) and not sure if he knows yet.

Coffee gone, time to get moving.

:wave2: making a quick pop in before I start my day. Wanting to check in and see how everyone is doing with the hurricane coming in. Sounds like everyone is as prepared as they can be.

Monk...sounds like a busy household. The sibling fighting, that can gt tiresome. I am very lucky, my boys get along very well. Rarely do they fight. If the youngest one would ever get mad at the older one, and use his strength, he would snap him in two. But my youngest is the biggest teddy bear, but built like a brick house. He's a solid boy, would be a great blocker fr football, but he is just not that type of kid. Your chicken stories never fail to make me giggle - the warnings of the stew pot :laughing:

Well, coffee is done, need to get myself into the shower, head into work ( second job ) where I haven't had a shift since Aug 10 then head out to the lake to help sort and decide what things I want to keep of mom's things.

Stay safe everyone and have a good day!!!

Small world again, Sue. My grandparents lived in Miami, Coral Gables area, since my DM was 15. They left my DM here, with her older DSis. My GF died there, then GM moved to Ft. L until my DM had to bring her back here, as she needed daily care. I spent many a summer, as a kid on Miami beaches, and fishing with my GF off the bridges around the city.

Time for gas in my car and DH’s truck. Wish my darn state would lower taxes, we are about 10 cents higher than the national average. Boo.

Later, and Happy Saturday!
Coral Gables is a beautiful area! I haven’t been down to Miami since mom moved from N. Miami Beach. I tried to get my mom to move closer to me, maybe Washington state since its only a 45 min drive to border but she never wanted to.
The average gas price here is $1.45/litre so that’s about $5.80/gallon. Ugh
SAturday and need to get moving.
Love the wake up to Saturday memes/funnies.
Already gave the under the weather hen her antibiotic (the other hens jealous she got it in yogurt), and pulled the Princess out of the box (twice). Isolating her today to try to break her for good. I think she is losing weight as she won't eat unless we pull her out and block her from going back in. Need to run into town to drop box off at Fed Ex and then to feed store to get some straw and clean the coop. Then clean the house so can relax rest of weekend. Probably a grocery stop too.
Robo, Dixi hope your homes and friends and family are safe and storm continues a curve out to sea. Have friends in Carolina and Virgina so hoping the storm misses them too.
And got news a friend of ours from college, one of DH's fraternity brothers and someone we hung out with alot-died of massive heart attack last night. Several couples (we were invited but couldn't make timing work) from college years were to go on cruise together next month (originally to Cuba but obviously that changed). Very unexpected. DH has spotty wifi/internet at his dad's "farm" (where they go hunting) and not sure if he knows yet.

Coffee gone, time to get moving.
So sorry, what sad news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter