• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Yes Keisha am having entire roof replaced.
A complete tear down and redo

Crew left at 8 tonight and will finish tomorrow.
We have different roof levels which has added to their work time.

Actually I leave Sunday, not tomorrow. Guess I should get my luggage out tomorrow. Then start figuring out what I want to pack and do some wash.

Fading fast. And with no HHN and parks closing early, I may not have very many late nights. Early risings, probably.

Good night all!

Well, I have not kept track of dates the peeps vacations begin but I was pretty close for Lynne’s departure day.
Lol

Being retired means I have to look at my phone to know todays date.

Days all blend together as I don’t keep a set schedule most of the time

Good evening everyone. I had a small surprise today. I won a book. My country library system has been doing little Facebook contests every Friday. I've never entered one before. Last week the contest was add one word to a book title to ruin the title. The example they gave was The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe Malfunction. I submitted Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Kidney Stone. They gave me a list of titles to choose from. I didn't recognize any titles or authors, so I chose a mystery title that sounded like something I would read.

Pumpkin - Good to hear from you. Your granddaughter is adorable.

We cancelled our land line a few years ago. We discovered that it had not been working for 2 months and we never missed it. When I checked the voice mail messages there were only 5 that were somewhat important. The rest were telemarketers and collections agencies. (Looking for someone who has the same name as my MIL)
Most of the Scottish breakfast sounds good. I don't know about the haggis or black pudding. That is a lot of food. I am not a big breakfast eater, but would probably eat most of that for supper.

Congratulations to the couple.

Congratulations on your win! Love a good book......

Oh you don`t eat all of it Charade......you choose what you want, little or a lot.....and if you do eat a lot, it lasts you all day. And you don`t really eat them regularly, you wouldn`t sit down to that every morning.

Wouldn`t be without our landline. Folks still use it and as I don`t give our mobile numbers out to a lot of folks, landline is perfect. We have the thing fitted we aren`t supposed to get random calls. It stops most, but the occasional one gets through....usually "the internet" to tell us our computer needs fixing.....they are easily ignored.

Thanks for the wishes, everyone is so over the moon on their news.

Chicken wings came out great in air fryer tonight. I am hooked on it.

My mom made amazing, light potato pancakes Was a pro at crepes too. my versions never Quite measured up on my best days. Haven’t attempted in years. Latkes I’ve eaten are good but seem heavier, more textured.

You I’m thinking infamous would be a good fit for your buddy.

Wheels down by 3 Pm on on the 26th, moving to swan on 30th. Won’t be the same this year but determined to have fun A nice surprise to read of the potential for HHN lite house or two at least.

As usual will be hanging with Mac as much as possible. Give a shout out so we can say hey
Gives new meaning to cat nap. You doing the whole roof?

I couldn’t sun a day off my existing res as occupancy so high. Not thrilled to have to check in a 2nd time for the additional day hoping we won’t have to move, said they’d do their best. Will ride the wave

Lol that’s a good one! Any idea if BG Williamsburg having Halloween activities this year?

I need to revisit these air fryers.....your food the other day sounded so good. We had one and gave it away, but maybe it was me......🥴

Oh I`ll take that compliment ::yes::.......lol......yes, think MM is more infamous.......yes, hope you don`t need to move rooms.....

Because there is zero common sense or updated SCIENCE applied to anything anymore, nor any consistency. Wanted to meet up with Sue when we went to Seattle but with border closed that couldn't happen!
Mmmm-apple pies going to be made??
I still have tons in freezer from garden last year. Don't remember what kind I grew this year but ton of them too...
DH heard the local distributor is going to be able to start carrying Yuengling soon in our area!
Wondered about you when saw the rain map!
Accurate!
Ugh this is so hard on educators and the kids.
Good news.
You've had quite the past couple months!
Do they change hurricane "grade" after damage assessed like they do tornados??
The parts we saw are stunning!! Pictures can't capture the beauty. that whole part of country is just so pretty with so many National Parks.
Pretty tempting-and I may have just looked at pricing :rolleyes1 But if we make a weekend quick trip will be in October for middles birthday. Right now she is going to Jacksonville to spend it with half sister and family. She spent Labor day weekend with them too. Plus still trying to convince DH about Mexico in January-flights dropped another $25 each...
Too cute!!!
OMG baby snuggles!!!
What incredibly joyous news!!!

Wow gorgeous!!!
Mac-pic of Ellie sitting on me a couple days ago-she is very insistent and pecks you til you move so she can perch on legs.
ANd Nemo has been a shadow since we got home-like he's spent 3 days just following me around and staring at me.

Finally cooked "real" meal tonight-brisket in instapot, cheesy "funeral" potatoes, steamed broccoli. Couple nights ago had waffle craving so boy and I had those for dinner. It had been awhile since I had made scratch waffles.
TGIF-house cleaning and garden on the schedule. DH got mowing done this afternoon as he has golf plans
We are in our "perfect" fall weather time. 70's, sunny, low humidity-time to get fall decorations down from attic too.

Charade-loving the night lights!!

Funeral potatoes??? Now that sounds intruiging......we had some Carolina Reaper chillies given to us recently....haven`t touched them yet........😱

Nice chick pics too......

Well, I have not kept track of dates the peeps vacations begin but I was pretty close for Lynne’s departure day.
Lol

Being retired means I have to look at my phone to know todays date.

Days all blend together as I don’t keep a set schedule most of the time

Amen to that club mac!!! yes, close enough for dates.......I missed someone else going recently from another site I use, car site, but forgot they were driving from Texas!! Long drive......

Being retired is so relaxing at times I feel almost comatosed!!

This year just keeps giving........the UK may be going into lockdown again......just in time for our week away in the Cotswolds.......lol.....you have to laugh really.

Not been announced yet, but it`s possible. Where we live is doing ok, we`re not in any "red zone" but it`s all over the UK. So, we`ll see.....if there are no pubs, restaurants or places open we`ll cancel. I have to say though, if I had to get one trip in the UK this year I`m glad it was the family one......so we`ll see what our Boris announces this coming week.

No plans today......perfect lazy Saturday. Although the sun is shining, it`s quite cool outside. So we have parked ourselves on the settees by the windows in the kitchen this morning, feels very cosy and nice as the sun is streaming in now. Plenty of tea in the pot this morning.

Nice breakfast this morning, larger than usual, so lunch will be both late and light. Takeout tonight for us......either Indian or pizza.....and either wine or cocktails........decisions!

cv57-L.jpg

Happy Saturday....................😁

Last edited:

Another beautiful day - amazing weather for September continues. We are going to get out in the garden for a few hours. I have a parcel to collect from M&S but think we will drive over tomorrow.

@schumigirl I feel your pain - we are due for a long weekend with my best friend in West Yorkshire - which we have arranged and cancelled three times already - but she is on the edge of Kirklees who are now back in local lockdown. Then our holiday to Devon is slap bang in the middle of the rumoured national lockdown. I feel so sorry for all these hotels and restaurants etc. Nothing we can do though.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday x

Another beautiful day - amazing weather for September continues. We are going to get out in the garden for a few hours. I have a parcel to collect from M&S but think we will drive over tomorrow.

@schumigirl I feel your pain - we are due for a long weekend with my best friend in West Yorkshire - which we have arranged and cancelled three times already - but she is on the edge of Kirklees who are now back in local lockdown. Then our holiday to Devon is slap bang in the middle of the rumoured national lockdown. I feel so sorry for all these hotels and restaurants etc. Nothing we can do though.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday x

Agreed. We can take a trip anytime, but such a worry if all these businesses have to close down again, even if it is just for two weeks. It`s devastating to some of them.

Oh that is awful, Schumi and Julie, but given the virus numbers, oh my. Saw my country borders got renewed to not open for another month. So many changes needed. But hope all are safe and healthy.

Well, some beautiful sunny days are our 5 day forecast. Yeah, and it is 42 out right now. High today, which will be late in the afternoon, is 64. A tad cool I’d say. But hey, will be rocking those sunglasses this Saturday.

And why yes,
4731E891-1701-41DD-8612-66B415A8B519.jpeg ::yes::

Oh and Schumi, with a clear sky, around 8:15 last night, could see the ISS pass in the sky. Neat.

Morning all. Hope you all have a lovely weekend. For those traveling, happy trails.

RBG:littleangel: Politics aside, she was a real-life role model for many women. RIP

Heading to ex MILs house to do a bit of work for her this am & drop off some fresh groceries we won’t be using up before we leave. I need all the good karma I can gather :).

Later, will finish preparing the turkey dinner for tonight. Just the thing for a brisk fall day.

Mac - ugh hope they didn’t have to replace any wood timbers. We had a great price but even the small amount of damage from raccoon digging thru it was a big surprise as to increase price. Had no idea they could do such damage. Not like they are
AA5B5EBD-9246-4911-B2A9-8CA4CA5E550B.jpeg

Thought of you yesterday when i was in Sams club. Jr asked me to grab cat litter for him as he was coming over for dinner. Had grabbed scented stuff his kitties avoid. Didn’t have glasses on, bent over to grab a ‘big’ bag off the pallet. Almost wound up flat on my face when weight shifted as i picked it up, 52 pounds. Salvaged what was left of my dignity and tossed on top of cart. Shopping adventures are the best lol

Will do Keisha. Day you arrive, will be at Royal, having left Hard Rock to check into Royal the day before. Will certainly give a yo, let’s see if we can meet up.
Ok, texting better for me, don’t always check my emails regularly when away. If u can’t raise me, try mac :)

Did u find a rental car rate you could live with? I’m still checking but everything took a big bump this week for my dates. The mr doesn’t understand my compulsion to try to slowly whittle that cost down each trip lol.

cheesy "funeral" potatoes, steamed broccoli. Couple nights ago had waffle craving so boy and I had those for dinner. It had been awhile since I had made scratch waffles.
I’ve had such a hankering for chicken & waffles. Have yet to have a good version up north. They tend to go waaaay overboard spicing up the syrup. I want a hint of hot, not a 5 alarm fire.

Have had recipe for those funeral potatoes for years. Intriguing but never went thru with it as pretty sure family would turn their collective noses up. I’m a fan of the cheesy taters at Cracker Barrel. Tried to replicate them multiple times. Something is missing in all the variations. Has to be a secret ingredient lol. Can’t be the cook lol

Wouldn`t be without our landline. Folks still use it and as I don`t give our mobile numbers out to a lot of folks, landline is perfect
We dropped ours when no longer needed for excruiatingly slow internet via verizon. Had Xfinity put in a line for new service. Have been promised that really high speed service but still waiting. The company has skipped over many towns such as ours, frustrating. At least ours is a huge improvement over what we had & no issues with streaming stuff.
I need to revisit these air fryers.....your food the other day sounded so good. We had one and gave it away, but maybe it was me
It’s been a great distraction for me if nothing else. I did order a cookbook, the one that came with it was a joke. I’m at the point where I preheat it to 400, then sear it before reverting to the automatic push button settings
This year just keeps giving........the UK may be going into lockdown again......just in time for our week away in the Cotswolds.......lol.....you have to laugh really.
:oops::scratchin You need to start looking thrice before you cross the street. JK we are all in it up to our ears. Many here in US are enjoying a nice break & being able to sneak in some travel before the poo hits the fan again late fall/winter. We’ll get a handle on this:grouphug: but surely can’t just wish it away into the cornfield.

Credit for that saying to Mac, I assume a midwest derivative? Had never heard it before but it’s a goodie.

Morning all. Hope you all have a lovely weekend. For those traveling, happy trails.

RBG:littleangel: Politics aside, she was a real-life role model for many women. RIP

Heading to ex MILs house to do a bit of work for her this am & drop off some fresh groceries we won’t be using up before we leave. I need all the good karma I can gather :).

Later, will finish preparing the turkey dinner for tonight. Just the thing for a brisk fall day.

Mac - ugh hope they didn’t have to replace any wood timbers. We had a great price but even the small amount of damage from raccoon digging thru it was a big surprise as to increase price. Had no idea they could do such damage. Not like they are
View attachment 526933

Thought of you yesterday when i was in Sams club. Jr asked me to grab cat litter for him as he was coming over for dinner. Had grabbed scented stuff his kitties avoid. Didn’t have glasses on, bent over to grab a ‘big’ bag off the pallet. Almost wound up flat on my face when weight shifted as i picked it up, 52 pounds. Salvaged what was left of my dignity and tossed on top of cart. Shopping adventures are the best lol

Ok, texting better for me, don’t always check my emails regularly when away. If u can’t raise me, try mac :)

Did u find a rental car rate you could live with? I’m still checking but everything took a big bump this week for my dates. The mr doesn’t understand my compulsion to try to slowly whittle that cost down each trip lol.

I’ve had such a hankering for chicken & waffles. Have yet to have a good version up north. They tend to go waaaay overboard spicing up the syrup. I want a hint of hot, not a 5 alarm fire.

Have had recipe for those funeral potatoes for years. Intriguing but never went thru with it as pretty sure family would turn their collective noses up. I’m a fan of the cheesy taters at Cracker Barrel. Tried to replicate them multiple times. Something is missing in all the variations. Has to be a secret ingredient lol. Can’t be the cook lol

We dropped ours when no longer needed for excruiatingly slow internet via verizon. Had Xfinity put in a line for new service. Have been promised that really high speed service but still waiting. The company has skipped over many towns such as ours, frustrating. At least ours is a huge improvement over what we had & no issues with streaming stuff.

It’s been a great distraction for me if nothing else. I did order a cookbook, the one that came with it was a joke. I’m at the point where I preheat it to 400, then sear it before reverting to the automatic push button settings

:oops::scratchin You need to start looking thrice before you cross the street. JK we are all in it up to our ears. Many here in US are enjoying a nice break & being able to sneak in some travel before the poo hits the fan again late fall/winter. We’ll get a handle on this:grouphug: but surely can’t just wish it away into the cornfield.

Credit for that saying to Mac, I assume a midwest derivative? Had never heard it before but it’s a goodie.

I said to Tom this morning, I had never even heard of this woman till this morning. I Googled. My goodness what an amazing life she had and what she achieved. Honestly, never even heard the name anywhere.

lol....that`s a good saying!! There`s a few things I`d wish there........yes, I think the whole world needs a break. I think you`re right, come winter it could be a whole lot worse again. Doesn`t bear thinking about.

Oh glad you saved your dignity there Janet.....lol.....

Now I want Chicken n Waffles.....spicy syrup though please.......:rolleyes1

On my own again this afternoon, my two have gone quad biking again......or ATV`s. They called up last minute to see how busy they were as they are spacing them all so well, but place is empty today so they went staright up. More muddy clothes again to wash......I have them come in the back and strip down in the laundry room.....no mud in the house then, and the muddy boots they wear for it get kept in the man shed......maybe I am a little too fussy......:blush:

Enjoying some quiet time.....no tv, no music......just me and a pot of tea writing emails.....not a bad way to spend an afternoon 🙂

Good morning. It is so nice out right now that I wish we were back at Busch Gardens. Dh joked last night that we should go because I mentioned that our favorite Williamsburg restaurant had bacon wrapped scallops on the menu. We never seem to be there at the right time.
I think our big excitement for the day will be a trip to Home Depot to buy driveway lights. We had 2 at the end of the driveway, but the other day I discovered one of them in pieces. My guess is the lawn guy accidentally hit one of them. I think this time we are going to get enough to line the whole drivway. I think 4 on each side should do it. It's not a very long driveway.

Schumi and Real - Hoping that you don't have to go back on lockdown.

Safe travels for all who are going to Orlando this weekend.

Good Saturday morning homies!

Some peeps are getting ready for going to the Darkside and hope all have safe travels!

Hope to cross paths with you when I go end of next week.

Another day for the roof job.
Will be glad when it’s completed.

Next project we will start will be interior painting for a couple of the rooms.

Holding off on that until winter.

Keisha, did text ya. And yeah, at least I got the lowest rental car rate I have seen. Still higher than should be, but oh well. I like having a car. And decided for a little bit more money, may still go for premium. Hope there are some nice cars on that row, when I arrive tomorrow night. Otherwise, still have my slightly lower full size ressie. I will decide, tomorrow.

Glorious weather right now. Picked up some sunscreen and snacks. Nice to have some snacks for traveling and in room. Anything else I want, I will get at the Walmart up the street on Turkey Lake. Or there’s a Target closer to Disney. Whatever. That’s the nice thing about the parks, there are good food places and grocery not far away.

And so, time for wash and yes, will get the luggage out soon. Eh, did do early bird, so may check my line number tonight. Either will show boarding pass on phone or print out at kiosk. I may get the printout anyway, as one time, the computers were down, and only were accepting pre printed paper or a hand written one from desk at the gate. You should have seen the line for those that needed that hand written pass. Was thankful I had mine already in hand.

Yeah, home improvements seem to be on our list, as being home so much, realized house need updating, starting with the heater, hot water heater and AC, last year, with roof this year. Will be tackling kitchen and baths maybe not next year, but we are now saving to do one of them, first. Yeah, with that pesky college kid bills to be coming for many a year, if little one does go on after college in that mix too. Still on that 10 year retire plan, yet maybe not so sure now. But still counting down that countdown. 😊

Safe travels @Lynne G and photos all the way please!

Having more problems with the renter neighbours. So upsetting as everyone else around us is so lovely and never come across anything like this before. Just glad we are detached but feel sorry for the elderly couple they are attached to. Just unfortunate I suppose but we have now found out who owns the property. A farmer that he works for. Police were very good - said if anything else happens we must ring immediately and they have warned him they will speak to his landlord. It has made me feel very anxious again. We got the impression he is already known to them as it seems drugs are involved

So not a pleasant day and very glad Emma and the children weren’t around.

So goodnight for now and I shall find something to listen too on the radio.

Have a nice night, Julie. A shame when not having good neighbors. We have had some not so nice ones over the years. Very glad when they depart. Enjoy your radio listening.

Ah, with English football back, and Le Mans.

Mostly lazy day today. We did make it over to Home Depot and bought some driveway lights. The only problem is that they only had one package of 4. I was just going to order some online, but they want an insane amount for shipping. We may take a trip to the Roanoke store tomorrow and get another box.

Out local humane society (where we got Caspian) put out an appeal for towels and blankets. I went to Walmart and they had fleece throws on clearance for 2.50, so I grabbed 8 of them and took the over to the humane society.

Most of the rest of the day was spent napping while dh was watching college football.

Lynne- Safe travels tomorrow.

Real -Sorry you are having trouble with the neighbors again. Hopefully one day they will be asked to leave.

I don't remember if I ever shared my obnoxious teenage neighbor story. The police were involved a couple of times there.

Football season has begun, so tonight's light....

@Lynne G , @DisneyLifePapioNe, @Elsaspiritanimal (not sure if I missed anyone!) :
Have wonderful trips...safe travels!
Don't forget to bring us kids souvenirs! I'll start....
1. Classic Mojito, from Gloria Estefan's new restaurant in Margaritaville
2. Ravenclaw tshirt
3. Kilkenny beer from Raglan Road, Disney Springs
4, Emerald green Minnie Ears from anywhere Disney

Just kidding.... have a great trip! I can't remember who leaves when, but I know you're all soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter