Something About Nothing............ #14

Keishashadow
Who has to walk your dog outside for “doing his business” time/ needs.

With the amount of snow you have received now, you might loose track of him in the snow.

Well, trying to catch up here and I’m late in checking in
Some of you are having it bad with the cold and snow

I lived in the north with long cold winters a long time so I have not forgotten how hard some of you are having.

Once you get past this month and next, I hope you have a early spring and can enjoy being able to not be bundled up

It’s kind of a challenge to me trying to buckle down and make set plans for a fall trip

Been looking at hotel rates and possible flights that seem acceptable.

i rarely book anything 9 months out but have started looking now.
Don’t have a problem locking in a hotel room but hesitant for booking flights as Delta has changes made up to about 3-4 months out from my trip time

Figure I need to follow others and get plans etch in for this fall

Don’t laugh but usually I plan where to eat in the parks/hotels asap once I lock the basics in for travel

I will start to walk more and diet 3 months before my trips so my clothes will fit
Lol
But if I fail to reach my goal, I fall back on my chubby clothes I have.
Do have various sizes for that …

Sweet dreams to all

check in when you can as I’ll be counting noses at midnight

I lived in the north with long cold winters a long time so I have not forgotten how hard some of you are having.

Once you get past this month and next, I hope you have a early spring and can enjoy being able to not be bundled up

It’s kind of a challenge to me trying to buckle down and make set plans for a fall trip

Don’t have a problem locking in a hotel room but hesitant for booking flights as Delta has changes made up to about 3-4 months out from my trip time

Don’t laugh but usually I plan where to eat in the parks/hotels asap once I lock the basics in for travel

I will start to walk more and diet 3 months before my trips so my clothes will fit
Lol

Sweet dreams to all

I like to book stuff early too. We finally booked flights for our May WDW trip for our friends’ wedding and our July trip for UO, WDW, and Disney Cruise Line. Can’t book dining at WDW yet. I will probably look at dining reservations for UO.

I too have chubby clothes. Wearing them now, while I work off holiday weight. I usually wear them to the parks too, so that I am comfortable pigging out:rotfl2:

I believe I just found my twin !

We eat what we want during the year and then think some months out we put our clothes in the dryer after we wash them and clothes shrank…

I want to plan another solo fall trip. I figure since I paid for an AP I should take advantage of it. I was just looking at airfare. It’s not to terrible right now and I might even have enough air miles to pay for a trip. I just need to decide when to go.

We aren’t doing Thanksgiving this year. Not sure about HHN. It’s hard for DS on just a long weekend. Plus, I might be going to Disneyland in September with friends for the D23 expo. DH and DS won’t be able to go. I probably won’t do 2 trips without them so close together.

We aren’t doing Thanksgiving this year. Not sure about HHN. It’s hard for DS on just a long weekend. Plus, I might be going to Disneyland in September with friends for the D23 expo. DH and DS won’t be able to go. I probably won’t do 2 trips without them so close together.

Hard to pass up plans for Disneyland !
If your plans fail to work out for DL, hit UO in the fall for a fun packed time with your son.
( and meet up with the homies)

:wave2: A quick procrastinating Mondau morning stop in lol

I blinked and the weekend was over. Even though we didn't get to the city to see the kids, it was a good weekend. No rushing to get onto the next thing we had to do. I got caught up on some cleaning and tidying, groceries were purchased and some baking and other things made. Even a trip to the gym and took advantage of a hydro massage after.

Seems like weird weather is happening all over North America this weekend. Today Ontario (east) is currently getting heavily dumped on. We are another advisory and had about 2 inches of fresh powder fall and it is not pouring rain on top of all of that :eek: and our temps are supposed to drop into the -20's again...so this should make for some lovely roads. Hopefully the forecast is correct and we will be back to warmer temps again by Thursday.

The kids tested positive for covid on Friday night. They are on the mend now. A few more days, ,then they can be out in public again lol. They were luckily not too sick. It is just soo weird how it affects other differently. Hoping to video chat with gd tonight for her birthday. Not that she really knows what it is...but she definitely loves her Grammie and Pappa.

Checked on our flights. Seems they have made some changes...and now to wait and see if they change yet again. The change on the way down ( the one we were worried about has been cancelled) and we now have a very narrow window to catch our connecting flight in Toronto. Going to sit tight and watch flights. I would really hate to add another day onto our trip so that we know we will make the connection :rotfl:

It is so weird how it affects everyone so differently. I hope your ds starts to feel better soon.

Yikes....stay safe!!!!!

We have experienced the same thing. My sister and fil's wife (and NO she is not a step-mom) have both voiced over and over again we are crazy for traveling now. In the capacity that we work daily - and have since day 1 of this whole thing, our perception of this is different from others. It kind of falls and deaf ears :scratchin

Yikes....stay safe! I seen you posting about your dh driving on less than great roads. I hope it turns around fast and that your roads and sidewalks return to non-icy state.

Those are the best days!!! I still miss the woodstove that was in the " cottage/cabin " at the family lake lot. It made going out there in the winter worth while

Sooooo cute!!!!! DD puts sweaters on the granddogs as well. Especially the smaller one...he HATES the cold. He runs out, does his business as quick as possible and back in.

Well, I should probably get started and shuffle some papers.

Have a great day everyone!

No one should underestimate how important procrastination is at times......lol......

Yes, travel hasn`t bothered us and getting out and about has been normal, thankfully we don`t have too many who have made comments. We all have our comfort levels.

Hope the kids are doing better by now too.

Evening check in. It has been a lazy snow day. The only thing remotely interesting I did today was add another ADR to my Disney trip. We now have Raglan Road scheduled for the night we arrive.

Yuck. I haven't measured either, but I am guessing around 4 inches here.

Hope it gets returned soon.

Wow. Any ice or were you lucky enough to just get snow?

I think dogs look cute in sweaters. One of our former clients had a raincoat for her yorkie.

Glad to hear it is not to severe for them.

Here is my driveway and street tonight. My driveway is solid ice and the street has not been scraped. Looks like I am staying home again tomorrow.

View attachment 639955

Pretty picture despite how cold it must be......

Charade all fluffy stuff but enough of it my middle DS said did feel heavy. Snowblower did it thing :)

so true although my earlier pooch pets would never stand for it.

not sure what that is but, sounds divine. Oh google

aw, glad to hear they are soldiering thru it well

hehe love the way u think

that is so true. What’s weird is I know of several muscle bound male weightlifters who didn’t survive it. Unvaxxed but they looked so healthy. You just never know.

it seems the little ones do tend to lose body temp quicker

My friend who has several dogs puts coats on the smaller ones.......the big German Shepherd took the huff and signalled in his own way he wanted one too....this is a big scary looking dog!!! So they got him a coat and she said he had a smug look to the other dogs when she put it on him......now he loves it.

Yes, it`s odd how it affects so many in different ways and folks you`d never expect.

Lol

Sweet dreams to all

Yes, get your plans in place asap!!!

It must still be wonderful not dealing with the amount of cold you used to experience......these few days aside.....hopefully you`ll be back to normal in a short time.....

I like to book stuff early too. We finally booked flights for our May WDW trip for our friends’ wedding and our July trip for UO, WDW, and Disney Cruise Line. Can’t book dining at WDW yet. I will probably look at dining reservations for UO.

I too have chubby clothes. Wearing them now, while I work off holiday weight. I usually wear them to the parks too, so that I am comfortable pigging out:rotfl2:

lol.....I recognise those chubby clothes too!!!! There is that old joke....I`m working off the vacation weight....yes, but how many vacations have you been on....... :rotfl:

The first few days of October weren't bad. I'm thinking maybe September 20-24 this year. Can't do the following week because of my anniversary.

We`ll get to say hello then.

It is cold. Not Cananda or Keisha cold.......but cold for us. Down to freezing again and place is white with frost, it`ll look pretty when the sun comes up.

And how about that moon last night!!! Wow it was clear.......although Kyle complained it affected his imaging with the telescope.....lol......first world problems.

No walking today as it is just too darn cold, even after a shower when we came in, I don`t think my legs warmed up the whole day despite almost sitting on the Aga.

Chicken veg soup that will have the most gorgeous broth as I took my time simmering it, for and that`ll be for lunch, will make some ciabatta bread to go with that. Dinner will be caribbean chicken that will be cooked for me by my husband tonight 🥰

This is Tom`s classic dish he cooks so well.......scotch bonnet or carolina reapers went into that, he will also make some sweet potato fritters to go with it as I like them, even though they`re not his favourites. He is a very good cook so I know it`ll be lovely, been a while since he`s cooked it for us.

We do have to go out for some things today, would rather stay in, but will be a quick mooch out, get what we need and hopefully get home for a mid morning pot of tea.

i-3JvzBgd-S.gif

cv75-S.jpg

:rolleyes1

cv90-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday ☺​

Hot peppers mentioned, as sounds like a nice dinner by Schumi’s DH. Hope your back, and enjoyed that morning tea.

We are at freezing, and only snow seen, was where it had been piled up from being plowed. That huge amount of rain washed away the 3 or so inches of snow and freezing rain, with it oddly being 40 degrees during that overnight rain dump Sunday night. By yesterday afternoon, only some snow showers, but felt safe doing my errands yesterday. Roads are mostly dry, and clear.

And so, a back to week day routine. But yay, already a Tuesday. The day Mac can do a Taco Bell run.

Thus, homies, it’s a Taco Tuesday. Enjoy a taco or two today.

Time for tea for me. It’s earlier morning here, before sunrise by an hour. Good Morning all.

Nice that Charade got a day arriving ADR. Yes, I find I like the last two weeks of September now. I plan to be there at that time this year. Plus, it’s magical dining month, usually, and a great way to support a local charity, with a good priced meal. And last year, included some of Universal hotels’ restaurants.

Ah, thoughts of the future trips. Still thinking of a Spring one. Have to see prices I can live with, and my schedule. And yay for Son to have trips planned too.

Off my game today. moving slowly despite being up since 4:30 am. the mr had to head into work very early as snowflake co-workers called off for several days due to weather. He won’t be home until 8:30 pm, talk about a long day there.

Who has to walk your dog outside for “doing his business” time/ needs.
Nobody :) that close to 6 foot tall fence I had installed many moons ago in back yard has paid for it’s self over many times :). Do have to go out & be ready to shoo away any predators (hawks & coyotes…might be a werewolf or two lurking in the woods at this point).
waiting to see if the 5G mayhem will ensue in the next few days here.

Even reliable SWA now cancels flights & changes times on a regular basis. I’m seeing 5 am departures with often just one other NS when the dust settles, disappointing.
soon as the snow lifts, I plan on increasing activity level too.
July trip for UO, WDW, and Disney Cruise Line.
nice trip. I’m still gunshy on the thot of cruising. Not being able to enjoy the ports of call is problematic we may first pick DCL again as at least CC is offered, barring bad weather.
Plus, I might be going to Disneyland in September
super nice. we enjoyed their fall party but hit a surprise heat wave there late September a few years ago
So they got him a coat and she said he had a smug look to the other dogs when she put it on him......now he loves it.
haha have a theory so many big ones secretly yearn to be lap dogs
Not Cananda or Keisha cold.......but cold for us.
like the ring of that! Canada is in a whole other stratosphere Vs here.

My kids hightailed it out of Erie a day early when there was a quick break in the weather yesterday. They got over 2 feet of snow. their pooch is still here, road off the highway to our house scares them in the winter.

Can’t say I blame them. Typically, will drive twice the distance myself to avoid when it snows. It’s a two lane, no street lights, with springs that cross it/forms ice easily. many hair pin turns with steep gullies, although a very picturesque drive when it’s not snowing.
This is Tom`s classic dish he cooks so well.
wow, secret talent there! Have never seen or tasted a fritter btw.
And so, a back to week day routine. But yay, already a Tuesday. The day Mac can do a Taco Bell run.
if he buys that $10 Taco Bell pass, he can go every day for a month for one of seven options. not my thing, do know many people who are planning to work it
Plus, it’s magical dining month, usually, and a great way to support a local charity, with a good priced meal. And last year, included some of Universal hotels’ restaurants.
i wish even a couple of the onsite hotel restaurants would offer it for lunch service. prefer being in park by 3 pm for HHN nights to stake out a piece of turf to wait vs being squished in the throng. Non event nights we tend to go offsite for other dining options.

Off my game today. moving slowly despite being up since 4:30 am. the mr had to head into work very early as snowflake co-workers called off for several days due to weather. He won’t be home until 8:30 pm, talk about a long day there.

Nobody :) that close to 6 foot tall fence I had installed many moons ago in back yard has paid for it’s self over many times :). Do have to go out & be ready to shoo away any predators (hawks & coyotes…might be a werewolf or two lurking in the woods at this point).

Even reliable SWA now cancels flights & changes times on a regular basis. I’m seeing 5 am departures with often just one other NS when the dust settles, disappointing.

soon as the snow lifts, I plan on increasing activity level too.

nice trip. I’m still gunshy on the thot of cruising. Not being able to enjoy the ports of call is problematic we may first pick DCL again as at least CC is offered, barring bad weather.

super nice. we enjoyed their fall party but hit a surprise heat wave there late September a few years ago

haha have a theory so many big ones secretly yearn to be lap dogs

like the ring of that! Canada is in a whole other stratosphere Vs here.

My kids hightailed it out of Erie a day early when there was a quick break in the weather yesterday. They got over 2 feet of snow. their pooch is still here, road off the highway to our house scares them in the winter.

Can’t say I blame them. Typically, will drive twice the distance myself to avoid when it snows. It’s a two lane, no street lights, with springs that cross it/forms ice easily. many hair pin turns with steep gullies, although a very picturesque drive when it’s not snowing.

wow, secret talent there! Have never seen or tasted a fritter btw.

if he buys that $10 Taco Bell pass, he can go every day for a month for one of seven options. not my thing, do know many people who are planning to work it

i wish even a couple of the onsite hotel restaurants would offer it for lunch service. prefer being in park by 3 pm for HHN nights to stake out a piece of turf to wait vs being squished in the throng. Non event nights we tend to go offsite for other dining options.

That is a long day....amazing how some folks don`t turn out for bad weather! Tom used to say in his working days, it was the same ones who called in everytime!

Glad the kids are home safe and got out of Erie ok....hope the little one enjoyed her time there.....

I sent that youtube link of the dodgy streets of Philadelphia on to my sister to pass it to one of her friends as she is originally from there, left over 20 years ago though and she hadn`t seen it, but knew the area it was showing. My sister watched and sent me a txt saying thanks for depressing her......oops.

I think so too....this German Shepherd, named Kaiser, is a real baby when he`s not on guard duty.......he doesn`t like the other pups getting too much attention and tries to squeeze them out of the way, but he is very protective over them at the same time. They do all have their own personalities for sure.

Yes, Tom is an excellent cook, doesn`t do it very often as being honest, I prefer to cook but when the mood takes him he`s a winner!! Fritters are lovely.....so many varieties to make. He makes a mean Rosti too.......better than mine although don`t tell him I told you that.......lol......

Oh being honest we avoid magical dining menu`s in restaurants.......even the floor manager from one of the upscale restaurants told us to give it a pass.....too busy and reduced menu options. I`d rather pay full price and get the regular meals as they do tend to make them slightly different. Give me full price every day, we don`t bother anymore after trying a couple of times.

It stayed cold here today, so we didn`t walk as planned. But......got a lot done shopping wise and one of my friends who reads the Dis but isn`t a member read I`d made soup, so she turned up for lunch.....ate the soup, bread, had a cuppa, chatted a while and left......I did laugh! But, she knows it`s an open house to friends at all times.

Beautiful day here......glad I`m inside though. I am enjoying the aromas from Tom`s cooking right now......few hours to go till dinner though......might make a cuppa.....

I did miss our walk today though, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I'm starting to get a little cabin fever. The driveway and road are still solid ice and it had warmed all the way up to 32 here. It's supposed to get a little higher, but I don't think we will reach 40. I have no idea what I am going to do today.

We`ll get to say hello then.
That would be cool. The more I think about it, the more logical thone days seem.

Nice that Charade got a day arriving ADR. Yes, I find I like the last two weeks of September now. I plan to be there at that time this year. Plus, it’s magical dining month, usually, and a great way to support a local charity, with a good priced meal. And last year, included some of Universal hotels’ restaurants.
Don't they also usually have passholder appreciation days? I missed them by one day last year.

Off my game today. moving slowly despite being up since 4:30 am.
I'd be moving slowly too if I woke up at 4:30.

What is the 5G mayhem?

I have been watching flights for my Disney trip, but it doesn't look like they are going to come down anymore. I have looked to see if we could use flight miles, but the only flights I see that are within our flight mile budget are 8 hours or longer. I hate the idea of being stuck in an airport for several hours waiting for my next flight.

What is the 5G mayhem?
Pilots & a few airlines are rumbling about flight stoppages, believe it’s in two days?

5G has been used safely outside our country Here, some experts are sounding alarm.

they feel that the existing communication towers are built too close to many airports to safely utilize 5G, as it is close to the frequency used by aircraft

the thought is that it may interfere with the altimeters that are used to help land the larger planes during non-instrumental situations

you’d think they’d have settled this issue a bit earlier :rolleyes1

Yeah and my airport is one of those to have a buffer. In other words, no 5G for me at home, even though my new phone uses it when it can find that signal. Agree, upgrading to 5G was not a surprise,

Sunny out. Deceiving, as a colder blustering day. Have to make a Target run, as ordered online last night, and already will expire pick up by closing today. I guess they really want reduce any storage costs of ordered items. So will do that drive up after I sign off this afternoon.

Abd yes, Charade, last year, September was AP appreciation month. Got a great AP rate when they came out in August last year. Hoping true this year.

I got my Neil Diamond CD back.........

i-JMxzNLw-S.gif

I got a txt from her asking if I was in....said yep, come on over......and she very sheepishly handed it over as we were enjoying a pot of tea, apologising as she completely forgot she had borrowed it.....about 7 months ago!!!

She even had a clearout meantime and almost got rid of it as she said she didn`t remember buying it......doh!! Not a memory of borrowing it.......lol......all is forgiven!

I mistakenly sent the original txt to one of my nieces who replied with a sarky laughing icon and asked who still has cd`s.......I replied I do you cheeky beggar from your Neanderthal aunt!

Had 80`s music on one of the 80`s tv music channels all afternoon, it`s been fabulous, most were old favourites......I like it when there`s very few crappy ones. And those videos were quite something.......I remember those colourful outfits well!!

cv76-S.jpg

::yes::

:wave2: Quick morning stop in!

We are back in the deep freeze again for a few days. Sigh, it just makes me grumpy. Heater is back on under my desk to try and keep warm in my office again. Oh well, so is life here in the winter. I tolerate it...but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Got to video chat with gd last night for her birthday. Was happy to see her blow out her candles.

Well, I should start shuffling some papers - or at least go looking for some. There are none on my desk yet.

Have a great day everyone!!! Stay Safe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter