Something About Nothing............ #14

Mr Mac had an appointment for eye surgery this morning and just sitting at the surgeon unit waiting to have him called back

As long as i can get internet, it will give me something to do and not fret about him.

Can’t believe how cool it will be today
Only 77 for a high but it is better than what others will have

Some Octobers have been much higher but i can deal with anything as long as there is no snow

Hope all the homies have a great Monday!

Where would we be without the internet!

Hope mr mac is doing ok after his eye surgery…….Yep, cool here too, wrap up warm mac…….

Going to snooze again I think…….

Did think we might try a walk, but although it is beautiful out there, it’s a little chilly even in the sun.

Good Monday morning everyone :wave:

It’s 21 days until Halloween

1B60E6F9-D1B2-4CE9-A312-38A102DCAD26.gif

Hope you’re still improving and feeling better

Doing much better thank you.

Sending continued get well wishes your way. Hope your flu symptoms are resolving.

Mr Mac had an appointment for eye surgery this morning and just sitting at the surgeon unit waiting to have him called back

Sending get well wishes for Mr Mac with his eye surgery.

Keisha hope you and your son are feeling better.

I have my big HHN mug full of hot coffee this morning. It is 49 here now and should reach high of 75 today. I will take that.

I’am moving around a lot better. Sitting is significantly better. Thankful for meds that help with healing. Legs are weak, but that will get better with more movement and time for sure.

Hubby and I went to little J’s 3rd birthday party yesterday evening. He was happy to be around his family for his celebration.

My sister had a really nice meal and J loves Mickey so he had a Mickey cake. It was good to see everyone. J loves trucks and cars so he received plenty of those.

Need to look at menu ideas for Halloween Party.

Not much else planned for the day.

Sending good thoughts and prayers to Charade.

Shout out to Tink. Hope you and your family are well

Have a wonderful Monday everyone.

Close enough to say good afternoon all

mac - both eyes? Wow. Poor you, only 77 degrees:joker:I’m thrilled we should break60 today.

carole never seen or heard of Veil, not sure it’s carried in our state stores in PA. Lynne knows we have issues getting anything exciting here lol

Davey bought a case of stoli Elit last year & gave out as xmas presents. Naturally, one found it’s way to me. I’m a fan, even tho double+ price of grey goose & absolut. I’m worth it :). It’s the only vodka I’ve been able to sip, neat.

Going to go start tossing clothes into a pile for upcoming trip. Probably should put away the last basket of last laundry day I found hiding in the basement.

It has been a long tiring day for me playing nurse to Mr Mac

His eye surgery went fine but he has to see his surgeon tomorrow morning and a few more check ups after that.

Not looking forward driving for the check up as it’s a drive south of us and will have heavy traffic.
If all is good tomorrow for him, he will be allowed to drive two weeks from now

I believe he won’t have any issues in his recovery.

Obviously, I won’t be a night owl this week…
he was feeding the cats each morning at 6:30 and now the job will be mine

We were in the process of having remoldeling work done but have halted it for this week until Mr Mac can be up and around.

Everything will fall into place and be back to normal and the house will be finished up along the way

Hope all is going good with the homies!

Ky good to see ya back. Hope all is well.

Mac, glad to hear Mr. Mac’s eyes’ surgery went fine. Hope his see back visit is so good, he can drive in those two weeks of needed recovery. Good thoughts for today’s visit. And yeah, driving in traffic is not fun.

Ah maybe Mr. Mac’s surgeon is near a Tack Bell. Just saying. As yep, that Taco Tuesday is here.

You know, that start of week day routine after a longer holiday weekend. Ugh. But was up before the alarm, to that dark predawn clear sky. Though traffic can still be heard. But not much traffic, more like hearing the louder vehicles, as when commuting in even an earlier hour, just a few cars, some trucks, and that annoying city bus. As it’s getting later, the traffic increases.

So another weather perfect Fall day. With just a wee bit cooler day, and glorious sunshine ☀️ to be all day. Rocking those sunglasses for sure, on my lunchtime walk.

So hope all have a Terrific Taco Tuesday. And a good morning to all too.

Good Monday morning everyone :wave:

It’s 21 days until Halloween

Doing much better thank you.

Sending continued get well wishes your way. Hope your flu symptoms are resolving.

Sending get well wishes for Mr Mac with his eye surgery.

Keisha hope you and your son are feeling better.

I have my big HHN mug full of hot coffee this morning. It is 49 here now and should reach high of 75 today. I will take that.

I’am moving around a lot better. Sitting is significantly better. Thankful for meds that help with healing. Legs are weak, but that will get better with more movement and time for sure.

Hubby and I went to little J’s 3rd birthday party yesterday evening. He was happy to be around his family for his celebration.

My sister had a really nice meal and J loves Mickey so he had a Mickey cake. It was good to see everyone. J loves trucks and cars so he received plenty of those.

Need to look at menu ideas for Halloween Party.

Not much else planned for the day.

Sending good thoughts and prayers to Charade.

Shout out to Tink. Hope you and your family are well

Have a wonderful Monday everyone.

Getting better thanks Robbie.....been a slow burner this one. Glad you`re doing better too, good to hear.

Sounds like a lovely birthday party for the little guy, glad you both could be there for it.

Close enough to say good afternoon all

mac - both eyes? Wow. Poor you, only 77 degrees:joker:I’m thrilled we should break60 today.

carole never seen or heard of Veil, not sure it’s carried in our state stores in PA. Lynne knows we have issues getting anything exciting here lol

Davey bought a case of stoli Elit last year & gave out as xmas presents. Naturally, one found it’s way to me. I’m a fan, even tho double+ price of grey goose & absolut. I’m worth it :). It’s the only vodka I’ve been able to sip, neat.

Going to go start tossing clothes into a pile for upcoming trip. Probably should put away the last basket of last laundry day I found hiding in the basement.

Never heard of it either, it`s in both ABC and Total Wines. Not a Premium Brand for sure, but looked like some fun flavours for cocktails.

Never tried a Stoli, I know the one you mean, it`s in a lovely bottle.......glad you enjoy it though, yes you are worth it......lol......one of our friends when we came home had got us a special bottle of Belvedere for our anniversary. I can`t sip straight liquor so might be a bit of a waste on me as I would use it for cocktails......yep, waste, but not the biggest vodka fan. Much prefer rum!

I was looking at both Diva and Billionaire brands of vodka......lol.....I say, just looking as they are a little more than one would want to pay for a drink!!!

You`re next trip is so close!!!

It has been a long tiring day for me playing nurse to Mr Mac

His eye surgery went fine but he has to see his surgeon tomorrow morning and a few more check ups after that.

Not looking forward driving for the check up as it’s a drive south of us and will have heavy traffic.
If all is good tomorrow for him, he will be allowed to drive two weeks from now

I believe he won’t have any issues in his recovery.

Obviously, I won’t be a night owl this week…
he was feeding the cats each morning at 6:30 and now the job will be mine

We were in the process of having remoldeling work done but have halted it for this week until Mr Mac can be up and around.

Everything will fall into place and be back to normal and the house will be finished up along the way

Hope he`s doing better today mac and keeps improving, not a fun thing to have happen to him.

The house can wait......

Hello homies.
It's been a long time since I last posted and a lot of things going on over the past few years that has kept me off for the time.

Well hello stranger!!

Good to see you and hope things are doing well for you and your family. Don`t be a stranger...... :wave2:

I think I`ve decided on colours for the hallway, stairs, landings and main family bathroom that no one uses......lol......but still want it looking nice of course. Hall, stairs and landings are harder as I`m not sure on the flooring yet, but do want it painted first. I`ll find something I like.

Another sunny but cool day here, still haven`t been out yet which has been nice just mooching around the house not doing very much.

Caribbean spicy chicken tonight with home made cornbread, managed to do a little baking today so that`ll go nice with the chicken.

Still being lazy......not much being done around the house, but with decorators coming next week, it`s going to be dusty and messy, so no point in going overboard this week with cleaning. Just the basics.

Well, we have to fit those snoozes in too.......😉

Thanks for the welcome back homes.
it's been kinda of happy and sad past 4 years cause my Dmil passed away from a stroke and we had to move since she didn't let us know she was behind on the mortgage on the house but we did manage to buy a place.
Then my oldest DS got married which was great .
Then tragedy struck again when my own mother passed away but I never seen such a stronger woman in my cause she battled a aortic aneurysm and small cell lung cancer but fought it till the end telling the doctors she was a winner either way cause she would be going home and in the end it was the aneurysm that took her from us cause she was beating the cancer.
but the brightest thing to happen was almost a year ago my oldest DS and wife gave us our first grandchild a little girl named Amelia.

That is a lot of changes for you KY. Sending hugs, as know what it’s like to loose a mom, as my mom passed away two years ago. And how sweet, a granddaughter.

Was a good lunchtime walk, even if that sunshine is just making it brighter than bright out now. DH said he’s now going to mow the grass this afternoon. Yeah, thinking it’s almost that time to put the lawn mowing equipment away until Spring. Whatever. 70 degrees out, so he’ll be not too hot mowing.

Robo, hope you are feeling good today. Mug filled with coffee I hope this morning.

Sigh, the afternoon is dragging. And crap, I’m old school. I like to look at my watch to tell time. Don’t you know, it needs servicing, and the watch guy that I go to, he’s out this week. So it sitting in my bureau, and I keep looking for it on my wrist. LoL But will drop it off this weekend, so he can hopefully service it soon after he gets back. Always something. 8-)

it's been kinda of happy and sad past 4 years cause my Dmil passed away from a stroke and we had to move since she didn't let us know she was behind on the mortgage on the house but we did manage to buy a place.
Then my oldest DS got married which was great .
Then tragedy struck again when my own mother passed away but I never seen such a stronger woman in my cause she battled a aortic aneurysm and small cell lung cancer but fought it till the end telling the doctors she was a winner either way cause she would be going home and in the end it was the aneurysm that took her from us cause she was beating the cancer.
but the brightest thing to happen was almost a year ago my oldest DS and wife gave us our first grandchild a little girl named Amelia.

Congratulations on Amelia, I`m sure she is a ray of sunshine in your life after all the sadness and loss.

As mac says, please keep posting, it is nice to see you post again.

My favourite tv lady Angela Lansbury has sadly passed away aged 96. Days before her 97th birthday.

She was such a complete actress and seemingly a wonderful lady in real life. Such sad news.
I just read the news a few minutes ago. So sad that she is gone. She was an incredible actress.

Making a quick taco Tuesday stop in!

The rest of our weekend went by quickly!!!! I got some baking done. The gingersnap cookies are a little flat. Not sure I will send those ones. Tonight I'll whip up a couple of squares to send as well. I email the coordinator to ask how much she wanted me to bring. She has a few people to make a little bit. So I'm thinking what I have done now, will be good for them. I won't need to send more.

Our weather is still holding out. It's cooler, but still beautiful. I'll be heading back into the gym to get my walking in. It gets too dark too quick now after dinner to fit a walk in after I do dishes and get to have a little down time before heading out. So into the gym again I go. Gotta keep up the walking!

It was good to hear your Mr is recovering from his surgery. I hope it is complication free and hopefully he doesn't require too many nursing skills from you. The remodeling will wait. Sounds like you have it all planned out!
Still being lazy......not much being done around the house, but with decorators coming next week, it`s going to be dusty and messy, so no point in going overboard this week with cleaning. Just the basics.

Well, we have to fit those snoozes in too.......😉
You meals always sound delicious! I sure could one of those snoozes today. I hope the renovating/painting goes quick.
Sounds like you have had lots of your plate for a couple of years! It is never easy to loose a mom and mil. We lost our mil 9 years now, and gosh, we still miss her terribly. I You learn to ride the waves of grief that come at you.
Sigh, the afternoon is dragging. And crap, I’m old school. I like to look at my watch to tell time. Don’t you know, it needs servicing, and the watch guy that I go to, he’s out this week. So it sitting in my bureau, and I keep looking for it on my wrist. LoL But will drop it off this weekend, so he can hopefully service it soon after he gets back. Always something.
It is one of those things that are such a habit. Hopefully you get it back quickly.
My favourite tv lady Angela Lansbury has sadly passed away aged 96. Days before her 97th birthday.

She was such a complete actress and seemingly a wonderful lady in real life. Such sad news.
I read that. She definitely was one of those greats!!!!

Well, I have a few more papers to shuffle before the end of the day.

Have a great evening everyone!

F3BC9FC9-2C72-4D02-944D-BB6731AEBFE6.jpeg
might be a good end to ‘one of those days’. Went to dentist for one filling, came out with a big one and a bonus one on other side of arch. Whee, I’m a weiner, did that one on the house. I do love that man, in a dentist’y sort of way.

St L- good to hear from you. Despite all the extreme ups & downs, nice to know you are doing well!
I was looking at both Diva and Billionaire brands of vodka......lol.....I say, just looking as they are a little more than one would want to pay for a drink!!!

You`re next trip is so close!!!
I can smell it, totally unprepared. DS asked today if he could just toss some clothes in our suitcases when we pick him up on Saturday:faint:
Indeed. My favorite film was Manchurian Candidate. also perfect as Mrs Potts in Beauty & the Beast.

What’s your favorite?

all welcome to chime in :)

I just read the news a few minutes ago. So sad that she is gone. She was an incredible actress.

She certainly was, a true legend.

Making a quick taco Tuesday stop in!

The rest of our weekend went by quickly!!!! I got some baking done. The gingersnap cookies are a little flat. Not sure I will send those ones. Tonight I'll whip up a couple of squares to send as well. I email the coordinator to ask how much she wanted me to bring. She has a few people to make a little bit. So I'm thinking what I have done now, will be good for them. I won't need to send more.

Our weather is still holding out. It's cooler, but still beautiful. I'll be heading back into the gym to get my walking in. It gets too dark too quick now after dinner to fit a walk in after I do dishes and get to have a little down time before heading out. So into the gym again I go. Gotta keep up the walking!

It was good to hear your Mr is recovering from his surgery. I hope it is complication free and hopefully he doesn't require too many nursing skills from you. The remodeling will wait. Sounds like you have it all planned out!

You meals always sound delicious! I sure could one of those snoozes today. I hope the renovating/painting goes quick.

Sounds like you have had lots of your plate for a couple of years! It is never easy to loose a mom and mil. We lost our mil 9 years now, and gosh, we still miss her terribly. I You learn to ride the waves of grief that come at you.

It is one of those things that are such a habit. Hopefully you get it back quickly.

I read that. She definitely was one of those greats!!!!

Well, I have a few more papers to shuffle before the end of the day.

Have a great evening everyone!

It`s nice you have the gym for when it gets too dark, and cold too. We`ll think about getting back walking once we`re completely over this flu that is determined to linger!

Not looking forward to the decorating next week. We have a huge vaulted staircase, so it needs a few pieces of scaffolding for them to get up to the top areas.......I think they`ll be here around a week with that and the other rooms they`re doing too. What was I thinking booking them for more than one area at a time!!!

Enjoy that baking.......

View attachment 710122
might be a good end to ‘one of those days’. Went to dentist for one filling, came out with a big one and a bonus one on other side of arch. Whee, I’m a weiner, did that one on the house. I do love that man, in a dentist’y sort of way.

St L- good to hear from you. Despite all the extreme ups & downs, nice to know you are doing well!

I can smell it, totally unprepared. DS asked today if he could just toss some clothes in our suitcases when we pick him up on Saturday:faint:

Indeed. My favorite film was Manchurian Candidate. also perfect as Mrs Potts in Beauty & the Beast.

What’s your favorite?

all welcome to chime in :)
I love that meme!!!!

lol......I do like your son`s way of thinking........

Favourite Angela Lansbury moment.........well, I first saw her in Gaslight, the 1944 remake with Charles Boyer and Ingrid Bergman which was actually far superior to the original. She spoke later of how she was only 19 so she was chaperoned and could only film for so long as she was so young. She also got an Oscar nomination for that.

Dorian Gray was also a wonderful movie as was The Manchurian Candidate although that one was a hard watch. She also played a fair old Miss Marple in The Mirror Crack`d with the amazing Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson and Tony Curtis to name a few.

I have to admit to never having seen her Disney films. But do remember her singing Beauty and the Beast at the opening ceremony of Disneyland Paris in 1992.

Personally aside from Murder She Wrote, I loved her in Death on the Nile where she played the irrepressible Salome Otterbourne, who was a permanently pickled writer that she played with aplomb. I also loved how she spoke of the filming for that movie where space was tight on the boat so she had to share a dressing room with Bette Davis and Maggie Smith......imagine those conversations while getting make up done!!

I always loved how she remained lifelong friends with almost all of her co stars. She was very close to Bob Hope, Jerry Orbach, Hurd Hatfield to name a few. She got through her children being involved with drugs and her daughter getting involved with the Manson crowd. Angela swiftly moved her family to Ireland for them to recover quietly and it worked. Amazing woman who personified the term "Star" or "Legend"

[In 1998] I'd like to be remembered as somebody who entertained - who took one out of oneself - for a few minutes, a few hours - transported you into a different venue - gave you relief, gave you entertainment, and gave you joy and laughter, and tears - all those things. I would like to be remembered as somebody who was - capable of doing that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter