Something About Nothing............ #14

Just finished dinner at Lombards. Got a lot of rides and shows in as the crowds were lighter early. A LOT of last day Mardi-gras guest arrivals as we were finishing up. Amazing clothes and makeup. Stilt walkers out in force.
If you get a chance to, try the cherry cola bbq at another festival as it was delish.
This weekend is going in our schedule. It was cool and lightly attended. Between spring break and summer.
Saw some lavish prom attire last night, absolutely adorable.
Happy Sunday, pre eclipse day to all.

Reporting live from Erie. Did the lighthouse/towers/beach romp today. Beautiful but quite cold Very impressed with camera on iPhone 15sIMG_0276.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0268.jpeg
    IMG_0268.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0279.jpeg
    IMG_0279.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0282.jpeg
    IMG_0282.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0283.jpeg
    IMG_0283.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Hehe, near my old stomping grounds there, Keisha. College friend lived in Erie for years, until bought a new home in what then became Cranberry Township. Enjoy that viewing tomorrow. We should be mostly cloudy that time of day, so I guess maybe will see a glance of a partial view for us. Older one got us glasses from his work. So I guess we all will go outside to see if we can see the sun tomorrow afternoon. Stay warm. We will be 65 degrees tomorrow, but that will be late in the afternoon for that high temp. Still haven’t put away my lightweight winter jacket yet.

Ah, Sunday night events, the trash to curb, alarm set, and DH went to bed more than two hours ago, so I am hoping he doesn’t wake me up like the other day, at 3 am. Glad not having to the city tomorrow.

Hope all have a good night’s sleep, Monday blues in store for tomorrow. Sigh, back to that week day routine after the three day weekend. But at least means one less day did our trip coming up.

And a yay, for more live reporting from Junkie. Though we haven’t eaten at that restaurant for awhile now. Last time, we were not impressed. Hope your meal was tasty. And enjoying that last weekend they are doing the Mardi Gras celebration.

Yesterday was a total bust. Not only could I not get the claims to print from B’s computer, I couldn’t even open some of the files. I have a feeling that I might be missing an important piece of software. I gave up and spent most of the afternoon cross stitching.

That’s disappointing to hear. I hope Cinnabon is still there when I go.

I’ll have to stop in and check it out. Do you remember if they had any pins for sale? My dh is a collector.

The Cinnabon in IOA will still be there.

And a happy Sunday to everyone too:)
We just had our birthday party for my daughter in law, with pizza, salad, and for dessert cheesecake and angel food cake. I made the cheesecake from scratch with help from my husband:), and my son made the angel food cake. It's a blustery, cool day out today with much needed rain in the forecast.

Now to catch up:)

Charade: I can't believe the trouble you are having with the new doctor's billing! That is just plain crazy. I admire you for hanging in there and trying to find a solution. YOU really deserve a vacation:)

Schumigirl: I hate when you can't sleep and get up wide awake that early! I hope it doesn't happen often? I have an easy time going to sleep, but find I wake up at 4 am and get up at 5 am, I try to get back to sleep in my recliner,but it doesn't always work. I usually get up due to painful hips and shoulders (arthritis and fibromyalgia). It's just something I have to live with, but it is a pain in the butt!!! No pun intended, LOL.
It sounds like you are having our cool and very windy weather too. However, we need the rain desperately. One of our friends who lives on the lake said he can walk out 40 feet to where there used to be water. Hopefully we get this rain soon. I don't think I've ever watched Dexter - don't know what it is? Is it a comedy? I am starting on the old Indiana Jones Series tonight.

Mac: You are brave to go to walmart on a Sunday afternoon. I avoid that time, and also never on a friday afternoon or definitely not a Saturday. I'm so glad that I am retired and don't have to do shopping on Saturdays:)

I will start packing this week for our trip to Arizona. We leave this Thursday, so I had better get ready, LOL. I am usually very organized when traveling, but not this time. We are driving to Arizona and actually like the trip. We take turns visiting with Roger's sister every other year, and it's always a nice trip and fun to see her again:)

I will try to post on the way but we will see how that goes:)

Have a nice Sunday

ruth

Glad his angel food cake worked out so nicely, and your cheesecake too and glad you had such a good day celebrating.

Ruth, I always sleep like a baby immediately. I think my mind must have went into overdrive, we have a lot going on, all good things happily, but there`s a lot at the one time so maybe somewhere in the background it was all going round lol……I didn’t snooze yesterday so my sleep was a very good one last night, back to normal.

It’s not cold right now, just very breezy, Saturday was so warm but it’s going to be mixed going forward, could be lovely one day and freezing the next. Hope you get some rain soon, you have such a lovely garden and that does need water.

Dexter is fantastic! He is a Forensic blood splatter expert for the Miami Police, but he is a serial killer in his spare time, however we love him as he only kills bad people, very bad people. Michael C Hall plays the part, if you ever watched Six Feet Under, he used to be in that. It’s a show you could binge watch and never get bored with.

You’ll have a lovely visit coming up with family Ruth, I know I already told you but I love the sound of that drive!! Tom and I would enjoy doing that.

Reporting live from Erie. Did the lighthouse/towers/beach romp today. Beautiful but quite cold Very impressed with camera on iPhone 15sView attachment 849195

Lovely pictures Janet, enjoy your time there, I do like that cocktail though, may need to try them again one day!!!

There are a couple of areas of the UK that "may" see it very slightly for a few minutes, highly unlikely though. Have a blast today!!

We’ve had a lovely, lazy and cosy Sunday. We managed a wander down to the man shed to pop some new comfy chairs in we had ordered, I like them, not that I spend a lot of time down there!

Enjoyed our roast beef dinner, and generally caught up with folks by email or phone…..just a lovely day.

Today we have some things to send from the post office, little bit of shopping and our builder is coming round to arrange final plans for the roof being replaced next month. Not looking forward to that, although I think we`ll book into a hotel while it`s being done, such a big job, we`ll see what he has to say today.

Tom is volunteering this afternoon, not going to be a bad afternoon at around low 60`s might see if one of my friends fancies a walk since it`s going to be dry as well. And try to get a dental appointment too, they`re so busy.

Croissants warmed up this morning for breakfast, no idea for lunch but dinner will be pork fillet with Chinese flavours and spices and lo mein, will make sure there`s a spicy sauce too with the pork, looking forward to that!

More tea time.......

1712555934049.jpeg

cv27-Th.jpg

Have a lovely Monday :)

Ah, why we still don’t put plants in the ground yet. 36 degrees as we tossed out the last of the trash for pick up a little later starting sooner than later. But a warmer day, and even warmer tomorrow.

Alarm did not wake me up, was already up for awhile before it went off. Sigh. As thought, DH was up, but at least not as early as last time he got me up too early. And so, extra time to make that hot shower longer than usual on a week day, and tea and a donut, as had one left over from yesterday. Will make a breakfast later.

Kids had a great time this weekend, but as they didn’t get back to after midnight again, older one was smart, and took off today. Hence, probably won’t see either kid until closer to lunchtime. But most likely, older one before little one.

So, hope all have a most Marvelous Monday today. Yay, getting to the middle of April. Much warmer days coming, I hope.

Morning all!

The hucksters were out on the street corners yesterday

IMG_0294.jpeg

Have spent the last 30 min reading newsfeeds recapping the wacko’s take of today’s eclipse. Interesting to see the political extremeists and flat earthers have something to add to the typical bizarro contingent :sunny:

Appears a connecticut yankee in king Arthur’s court wasn’t on compulsory reading lists throughout the country

Interesting nasa sending up 3 rockets to study conditions

Hope all have a great day and that the skies clear a bit here!

Lynne Erie has been in bit of a construction flurry the last few years. Lots of money pouring into community. Surprising to see the drastic changes near peninsula area & public docks.

Wow, Keisha. Admittedly, haven’t been back to that part of our state since a few years after I graduated from my college, which is a hour drive south of Erie. We used to like to go to the beach there. Probably much less rural now, then when I was there. Old stomping ground area, with the Spillway, Pymatuning State Park, and Youngstown, OH visits, were all part of my college time. Hope no clouds blocking your view.

Good Monday morning Sans family :wave2:
IMG_3222.jpeg

IMG_3223.gif

We had our family Easter dinner yesterday, and it was a lot of confusion, laughing, eating, and fun. We got a wonderful surprise: Our little great grandson was wearing a shirt that said, "Big Brother)!!!!! So, we are getting another great grandchild this November:):):) It was a special surprise!
Congratulations on the news of a new great-grandbaby on the way. Your little great-grandson wearing a shirt heralding the news was awesome.

Missed you. Had the DW catch a cold which degenerated into sinus and lung infections. Apparently there is something going around that lasts for weeks. Non covid or RSV.
She's better but still hacking.
Sending prayers your wife recovers from her respiratory illness.

Going this weekend for a reality break and burn up Mardi-gras lanyard money.
Enjoy your Mardi-Gras treats. If you don’t spend all of your lanyard money at Mardi Gras you can still use it after Mardi Gras at the parks.

We don’t have the huge grocery story sort of Targets here. Nor do ours sell any wine. When we cruise visit the one near the outlets to grab two bottles of one of the few wines we do enjoy, haven’t seen it sold anywhere else in that area. I always do a double take when seeing wine sold in Walmarts there too.
Our Target and Walmart sell wine and Hard liquor.

need to get that thread going. Will start later today
Thank you for taking the time to get the thread going on HHN. It will be interesting to see if the interest and increased crowds continue this year.

So, off we toddled down to pick one up he wanted.......yes, they do deliver same day, but it might be after 6pm tonight, so it was quicker to go get it. Boys and their toys. I told him there was no rush as we only really watch that one at night if we do at all, but no, we can`t NOT have a tv in that room......lol......he makes me laugh. So we have a new tv tonight to get used to. It`s more complicated than a NASA launch pad looking at the remote and screen!!!
Yes, the men do like their big TV’s. My hubby enjoys watching his movies and sports.

Woke up feeling not great, went into work, but with my co-worker training the new gal - they really didn't need me today -so I used some sick time. I slept most of the day. I'm just sitting with a hot tea. I hope it doesn't linger too long.
Well, I should get going...just thought I would stop in. Hopefully I'll be stopping in more often again, as I get into my new position.
Hope you feel better soon.

And a happy Sunday to everyone too:)
We just had our birthday party for my daughter in law, with pizza, salad, and for dessert cheesecake and angel food cake. I made the cheesecake from scratch with help from my husband:), and my son made the angel food cake. It's a blustery, cool day out today with much needed rain in the forecast.
Happy belated birthday to your daughter in law. Sounds like a nice get together.
IMG_3225.gif

will start packing this week for our trip to Arizona. We leave this Thursday, so I had better get ready, LOL. I am usually very organized when traveling, but not this time. We are driving to Arizona and actually like the trip. We take turns visiting with Roger's sister every other year, and it's always a nice trip and fun to see her again:)
Have a safe trip.

I have an easy time going to sleep, but find I wake up at 4 am and get up at 5 am, I try to get back to sleep in my recliner,but it doesn't always work. I usually get up due to painful hips and shoulders (arthritis and fibromyalgia). It's just something I have to live with, but it is a pain in the butt!!! No pun intended, LOL.
Hope you were able to get back to sleep.

Just finished dinner at Lombards. Got a lot of rides and shows in as the crowds were lighter early. A LOT of last day Mardi-gras guest arrivals as we were finishing up. Amazing clothes and makeup. Stilt walkers out in force.
If you get a chance to, try the cherry cola bbq at another festival as it was delish.
This weekend is going in our schedule. It was cool and lightly attended. Between spring break and summer.
Saw some lavish prom attire last night, absolutely adorable.
Happy Sunday, pre eclipse day to all.
Sounds like you had a nice trip to Universal.

Reporting live from Erie. Did the lighthouse/towers/beach romp today. Beautiful but quite cold Very impressed with camera on iPhone 15s
Nice pictures. Picture quality of the iPhone 15 are really nice. Enjoy the Eclipse viewing.

Charade I like the countdown pictures.

Mac glad to hear you are back on the boards after your glitch with the system.

Lynne enjoy your donuts.

Finally made tentative plans for HHN dates in September. Not sure at this point how much time I will invest in the event. Will see how things go. Thinking of making a quick trip this summer too. Just not sure yet on that.

We have a sweet new baby in the family. My sister K has a new grandson. He was in the NICU for a few days. He was about a month early. He is doing a lot better. She sent me a picture this morning he is adorable little fella.

We are back in Indiana for awhile. It was an awful trip back. Traffic was terrible both North and South bound lanes on I 75 and I 24. I think it was some Spring break travel which will be laying down after next week and Eclipse travel. Thank goodness not all of the schools break at the same time that would be a nightmare.

I saw our granddaughter M on Saturday. It was so good to see her. She is still in her fracture boot and her foot is getting better.

It was on the news this morning that the Indianapolis speedway will be filled with 50,000 to 80,000 people to watch the Eclipse.

I’am going to clean the screen porch today. It is supposed to be 77 degrees here today.

The total Eclipse is supposed to at 2:02 pm here.

Wherever you are today, enjoy this Celestial event and if watching make sure to wear the required protective eyewear.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone.

Last edited:
Good afternoon and happy eclipse day. I am totally unprepared. I didn’t get any glasses and I think our peak time will be right as I get off work.

I have been checking AP rates and this morning I was finally able to downgrade to a standard room. That may sound odd to some, but I really have no interest in a pool view room.

Oh my, there’s a huge line at the local donut shop. Little one is waiting. I’m enjoying music in the car. Going up to my sister, and we like this donut place that’s on the way, as their donuts are delicious, and rather large. Oh my, must be a sharing day. Some guy just walked out with four dozen, a box of 6 and a bag of, I assume, their large and delicious breakfast sandwiches. Sweet snacking for us soon.
Now I want a donut. We have a couple of chain places here and a donut food truck.

YOU really deserve a vacation
Thank you. I am so ready for it.

I will start packing this week for our trip to Arizona.
Have a great trip.

I will try to post on the way but we will see how that goes
Hope to see some pictures. I have never been to Arizona.

I believe I saw pins but not positive. Dragons was prevalent.
I’ll stop in and take a look. I finally talked dh into watching How to Train Your Dragon a few weeks ago. He was surprised by how much he liked it.

Anyone here traveling for the eclipse?
I’m staying put.

The Cinnabon in IOA will still be there.
Thanks. That’s good to know.

our builder is coming round to arrange final plans for the roof being replaced next month. Not looking forward to that, although I think we`ll book into a hotel while it`s being done,
That’s a great idea. I wish we had thought of that when we had our roof done. I think Caspian was the most disturbed by the noise though.

Have spent the last 30 min reading newsfeeds recapping the wacko’s take of today’s eclipse. Interesting to see the political extremeists and flat earthers have something to add to the typical bizarro contingent
Is it the end of the world again?

It was on the news this morning that the Indianapolis speedway will be filled with 50,000 to 80,000 people to watch the Eclipse.
Wow!

Almost time to get back to work.

Good Monday morning Sans family :wave2:
View attachment 849394

View attachment 849395

Congratulations on the news of a new great-grandbaby on the way. Your little great-grandson wearing a shirt heralding the news was awesome.

Sending prayers your wife recovers from her respiratory illness.

Enjoy your Mardi-Gras treats. If you don’t spend all of your lanyard money at Mardi Gras you can still use it after Mardi Gras at the parks.

Our Target and Walmart sell wine and Hard liquor.

Thank you for taking the time to get the thread going on HHN. It will be interesting to see if the interest and increased crowds continue this year.

Yes, the men do like their big TV’s. My hubby enjoys watching his movies and sports.

Hope you feel better soon.

Happy belated birthday to your daughter in law. Sounds like a nice get together.
View attachment 849396

Have a safe trip.

Hope you were able to get back to sleep.

Sounds like you had a nice trip to Universal.

Nice pictures. Picture quality of the iPhone 15 are really nice. Enjoy the Eclipse viewing.

Charade I like the countdown pictures.

Mac glad to hear you are back on the boards after your glitch with the system.

Lynne enjoy your donuts.

Finally made tentative plans for HHN dates in September. Not sure at this point how much time I will invest in the event. Will see how things go. Thinking of making a quick trip this summer too. Just not sure yet on that.

We have a sweet new baby in the family. My sister K has a new grandson. He was in the NICU for a few days. He was about a month early. He is doing a lot better. She sent me a picture this morning he is adorable little fella.

We are back in Indiana for awhile. It was an awful trip back. Traffic was terrible both North and South bound lanes on I 75 and I 24. I think it was some Spring break travel which will be laying down after next week and Eclipse travel. Thank goodness not all of the schools break at the same time that would be a nightmare.

I saw our granddaughter M on Saturday. It was so good to see her. She is still in her fracture boot and her foot is getting better.

I’am going to clean the screen porch today. It is supposed to be 77 degrees here today.

The total Eclipse is supposed to at 2:02 pm here.

Whereever you are today, enjoy this Celestial event and if watching make sure to wear the required protective eyewear.

Have a wonderful Monday everyone.

I do think it`s a man thing for tv`s, we have far too many of them to begin with, but I wasn`t going to argue over a tv.......

Congratulations on the new baby in the family, and gald to hear he is getting on well and thriving as the days go on. And good to know your granddaughter is improving too, it takes some patience when one has a broken bone, most folks struggle to sit and take it easy.

Have a great day Robbie.

View attachment 849444
Traffic on interstate coming from south (Pittsburgh area) to Erie. They still have 1-1/2 hr to go lol

Holy Traffic Jams Batman!!! That is crazy to be sitting in that and they`re not anywhere near yet.

I think our area and up this side of the country had a three minute window to see a partial glimpse......not going to happen as we have rain again....surprise surprise.

Enjoy!!

Good afternoon and happy eclipse day. I am totally unprepared. I didn’t get any glasses and I think our peak time will be right as I get off work.

I have been checking AP rates and this morning I was finally able to downgrade to a standard room. That may sound odd to some, but I really have no interest in a pool view room.

Now I want a donut. We have a couple of chain places here and a donut food truck.

Thank you. I am so ready for it.

Have a great trip.

Hope to see some pictures. I have never been to Arizona.

I’ll stop in and take a look. I finally talked dh into watching How to Train Your Dragon a few weeks ago. He was surprised by how much he liked it.

I’m staying put.

Thanks. That’s good to know.

That’s a great idea. I wish we had thought of that when we had our roof done. I think Caspian was the most disturbed by the noise though.

Is it the end of the world again?

Wow!

Almost time to get back to work.

We don`t want a pool view either Charade, at Sapphire we are always given a lagoon view and we are given a non pool view at RP as that`s our preference too.

It`s going to be a massive job with this roof, and some of the stone has to be removed on one wall and trying to match the stone was proving difficult, but think they have it as close as possible, I couldn`t see the difference and that wall is a side wall so not really a part of the home that many see as it has a lot of trees running alongside too. Yep, I think we`ll move out till it`s done.

Spent a lovely afternoon with one of my friends chatting and laughing the day away while drinking tea and eating her delicious and very light cakes!! She has the touch with baking. She did offer to put us up while our roof and side wall are redone, not sure, she has lots of room and I know we`d be well looked after....but, we might not want to leave!!

Tom had dinner started by the time I got home, he finished early from his volunteering so had all the veg for the Lo mein sliced and diced ready to cook. That and the pork together were beautiful, very spicy and some nice sauce to go with the noodles.

Pot of tea with some goodies from my friend`s home, she had baked for us too, Tom`s favourite was in there so he was a happy bunny!

Lazy night ahead I think, some episodes of Dexter later.

Morning all!

The hucksters were out on the street corners yesterday

View attachment 849340

Have spent the last 30 min reading newsfeeds recapping the wacko’s take of today’s eclipse. Interesting to see the political extremeists and flat earthers have something to add to the typical bizarro contingent :sunny:

Appears a connecticut yankee in king Arthur’s court wasn’t on compulsory reading lists throughout the country

Interesting nasa sending up 3 rockets to study conditions

Hope all have a great day and that the skies clear a bit here!
I do like that red headed clown picture.!

Good Tuesday morning!

We did see a kind of sunrise, but so much cloud around today and high winds and rain for us this afternoon again, we are so ready for spring but not the nicest day ahead for us, least it`s not cold. But, planning a day in will be baking for a church event tomorrow, donations always welcome for them, we did think of going for a walk this morning, but doesn`t look great.

Lunch, grilled sandwiches I think, dinner will be peppered chicken breasts, I always make my own sauces and pepper sauce is one of Tom`s favourites, will do some buttered leeks and greens and maybe some mini roasties. Toast with marmalade for breakfast not for Tom as he doesn`t eat marmalade.

Always love that morning tea, second cup coming up.....

Ruth are you packed yet, not long till your trip now!!!

cv14-S.jpg

cv46-S.jpg

cv6-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday!!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter