• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

We received an invitation to our great-grandsons high school graduation yesterday. He is such a sweet, smart young man. Looking forward to seeing him and all the family to celebrate his special day.
That’s a very special day!
Plus side, it is one of the most treatable slow growing skin cancers with the best outcomes. So looking at by options for best treatment. Should hopefully have some answers this week.
Sorry to hear. You are correct, very treatable and several versions of treatment. Surgery once for me, surprised the margins they take. Another, larger area equated to a chemical applied for 3 weeks daily. Then u peel like a snake lol. Hope it works out quickly for you!!!
HHN dates are tentatively set.
Awesome
usually I can tell when he`s organising a surprise for me.....bless him, what a guy 🥰
lol that’s cute

Mac that eye just won’t get with the program. Hopefully, the Dr can fig out a revision down the road. Has to be frustrating

F and W festival @BG done for.
5-20 minute wait times mostly. Food was up a notch this year again.For y'all drinkers, there were a lot of interesting and innovative ways to get soused. Coupla new shows to premiere this year too.
Jasmine, honeysuckle and gardenias blooming all over the park. Had 2 newbs in their late 20s. We broke them by 3😁.
Got 2 free samples for our passes and an 18 item lanyard for 85. Under $5 per platter.

Sadly Chick-fil-A was closed🙃

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240421_161148_Samsung Health.jpg
    Screenshot_20240421_161148_Samsung Health.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 2

Is anyone else feeling as miserable as I do with all this pollen? I can’t imagine how the people with more severe allergies feel right now
Today was mostly a lazy day. I slept through most of the race this afternoon.

Kevin from up, DiL glued on each feater individually
Wow! That’s quite impressive. The Elvis costume is cool too.

I had my appointment with Dermatologist this past week and she saw something on my face near my nose and removed it. It was really small, but came back as Basal Cell carcinoma.

Plus side, it is one of the most treatable slow growing skin cancers with the best outcomes. So looking at by options for best treatment. Should hopefully have some answers this week.
Praying for a good outcome for you.

Don`t think I remember anything like that for hair or clothes Charade.
Maybe it was just an American thing. They were very popular when I was in middle school.

I took a long nap so will probably be up for a while.

Almost forgot - when leaving church today the traffic came to a sudden standstill. This was the reason.

IMG_0413.jpeg
One of my friends said that they had been nesting near the church building.

Gearing up for another work week. Gotta love Sunday evenings.

Busy day yesterday cleaning the house. It was a beautiful day and all the windows were opened. I got everything done that was on my to-do list to complete. Today was visiting SIL to complete out taxes. Sadly I had to pay in ( with picking up so many shifts with the healthcare job) It pushed me into the next level tax bracket :sad2: Picked up a few groceries, baked off a couple loaves of sourdough, and whipped up some wonton soup for dinner. I even squeezed in a nap.

Sun was shinning today - but that darn wind was cold,,,and VERY breezy. I can see the trees are trying to bud...but these cold northern winds keep the trees in their winter slumber. I am very ready for spring and warmer temps to arrive.

Romantic surprise weekend away for us...... 🥰
That's awesome!!!
It reminds me of the little animals we used to clip to our clothes and hair back in the 70’s. Does anyone remember those?
I remember something like that - I think it was from Avon - that would clip onto a like a cardigan edge.
I am so ready for my short vacation. Last night I dreamed that I was at IOA and all the rides were walk on. B was with me but had to go home the next day because she had to work.
Interesting dream. I've had dreams like that too!!!!
We have a thing for tastee twist. This little guy of 5 feet was swimming near our picnic bench yesterday. Would like to think he couldn’t fit thru the railed fence. Let’s just say we ate quickly
You were braver than me...that would be a big fat NO!!!! The outfits were so cute!!!!
I had my appointment with Dermatologist this past week and she saw something on my face near my nose and removed it. It was really small, but came back as Basal Cell carcinoma.

I hope it was in it's early stages and they have gotten good lines on it.

I will say - after working in the radiation department of the cancer clinic - it is scary. I have seen one really sad case already - but MANY positive as well. I'll be sending you lots of healing light pixiedust:
Winner winner it’s chicken dinner tonight for us.
YUM!!! That is my favorite dinnner
F and W festival @BG done for.
5-20 minute wait times mostly. Food was up a notch this year again.For y'all drinkers, there were a lot of interesting and innovative ways to get soused. Coupla new shows to premiere this year too.
Sounds like it was a great time!!!!

Well, I should get going now...and get myself to bed.

Have a great sleep everyone!

We have MSG in a lot of foods here. I have to be careful in reading labels for sure.

Fingers crossed a quick trip will work out for this summer.

Thank you. Just one of those things that pop up. Thankful it was caught.

We had such a nice lunch. It was so nice to see everyone.

What a nice romantic suprise trip from your hubby.

Enjoy your volunteering day. I’am sure the little ones enjoy your reading and goodies.

Have a good evening.

Catching even the simplest of issues is always a good thing, always worth getting checked out regularly. You know you have all our good wishes.

We`ve volunteered for years Robbie in different areas, but one that I`ve continued wherever we`ve lived is the school/library reading programmes. I`m always amazed how many little ones don`t have parents that had read to them every night as a baby and toddler. It is very satisfying and Tom is the same with all he does and again, has always done. It`s nice to give back something.

Glad you had a nice lunch, with family too :)

Winner winner it’s chicken dinner tonight for us.
Someone get the bus loaded up with all the homies and come to my house for food.

No one will have any kitchen clean up duties as the cats will lick all the plates clean.

Weather turned out to be good here this afternoon and just love it.
Hope May temps will be just as nice.

I`ll visit for the weather alone lol......

Is anyone else feeling as miserable as I do with all this pollen? I can’t imagine how the people with more severe allergies feel right now
Today was mostly a lazy day. I slept through most of the race this afternoon.

Wow! That’s quite impressive. The Elvis costume is cool too.

Praying for a good outcome for you.

Maybe it was just an American thing. They were very popular when I was in middle school.

I took a long nap so will probably be up for a while.

Almost forgot - when leaving church today the traffic came to a sudden standstill. This was the reason.

View attachment 853933
One of my friends said that they had been nesting near the church building.

Pollen season is rough over here too this year. Early grass and tree pollen affected me a little in March, but the worst is still to come and I don`t really suffer from it as bad as some, one of my friends suffers terribly with allergies, thank goodness for medication.

Cute picture!

Gearing up for another work week. Gotta love Sunday evenings.

Busy day yesterday cleaning the house. It was a beautiful day and all the windows were opened. I got everything done that was on my to-do list to complete. Today was visiting SIL to complete out taxes. Sadly I had to pay in ( with picking up so many shifts with the healthcare job) It pushed me into the next level tax bracket :sad2: Picked up a few groceries, baked off a couple loaves of sourdough, and whipped up some wonton soup for dinner. I even squeezed in a nap.

Sun was shinning today - but that darn wind was cold,,,and VERY breezy. I can see the trees are trying to bud...but these cold northern winds keep the trees in their winter slumber. I am very ready for spring and warmer temps to arrive.

That's awesome!!!

I remember something like that - I think it was from Avon - that would clip onto a like a cardigan edge.

Interesting dream. I've had dreams like that too!!!!

You were braver than me...that would be a big fat NO!!!! The outfits were so cute!!!!

I hope it was in it's early stages and they have gotten good lines on it.

I will say - after working in the radiation department of the cancer clinic - it is scary. I have seen one really sad case already - but MANY positive as well. I'll be sending you lots of healing light pixiedust:

YUM!!! That is my favorite dinnner

Sounds like it was a great time!!!!

Well, I should get going now...and get myself to bed.

Have a great sleep everyone!

I think we have similar season at times, albeit ours are milder, but we have had similar, really cold winds but the trees are starting to fill out with leaves now. Our pear trees are well ahead of the plum and apple trees, which is weird because the pears ripen much later.

Glad to hear you`re settling into the new job.

Not a bad morning here, going to be sunnier later but a little dull right now and not just as cold as it`s been. Maybe it will be time to move the winter and heavier jackets to the back wardrobe now....finally!!

Heading off to school soon, dropped Tom off earlier for his morning of volunteering and will pick him up later when he`s done. I`ll get some bits of shopping before I do that, then we can have lunch.

Making a chicken pot pie dish tonight, using biscuits as a topping instead of pastry, very moreish and not very calorie friendly, but delicious and can`t beat home made.

Happy Monday, another week ahead...... ☺️

i-4zGp7K9-S.png

cv56-S.jpg

cv64-S.jpg

Ah, that Monday feeling, and back to week day routine I’ve been. Fast enough boot up, and nice to not commute in that clear sky, though 36 degrees. So, gave a little brr, as we tossed that last of the trash to pick up later this morning. But time of year, at least the high is 61. Warmer afternoon.

Ah, trash truck heading soon enough, and older one is off. So more quiet I get before the kids are up.

Yeah, Charade, older one is sneezing and sounds like Darth Vader. He’s been on his medicine for weeks now. And oddly, little one seems to be having an allergic reaction this year too. Both now on medicine, and older one’s doctor ordered him a nose spray medicine, so he’s going to pick that up today. Thankfully, he can use a cocktail of pills and spray to help him breathe. And not sound so asthmatic, which is what he gets as soon as he has a reaction. He’ll be medicated until a hard freeze, usually around his birthday. Then he also takes medicine by the start of the holidays, as many keep lots of plants inside. Even as a kid, one doctor told me to meditate him year round. I tried to give him a few months to not be medicated. As an adult, he’s pretty good at knowing when to start and stop.

Ah, a Most Marvelous Monday wish to all. Back to that other screen, and time to get more tea.

Quick lunchtime post. I’ve been trying to work on insurance problems today. Such fun.

I think you could also get them in places like Hallmark and the drug stores. I’m thinking back on some of the other things that were trendy when I was in school. Were add-a-bead necklaces popular where you are? I think I still have my chain, but no beads.

Maybe it will be time to move the winter and heavier jackets to the back wardrobe now....finally!!
I keep thinking about doing that (and putting away winter clothes) then we get a cold snap.

Yeah, Charade, older one is sneezing and sounds like Darth Vader.
Poor guy. I know if I feel bad he must be absolutely miserable. I can usually get by on a daily Zyrtec, but I feel like I need something more right now.

My countdown is getting smaller.

IMG_0415.gif

Quick lunchtime post. I’ve been trying to work on insurance problems today. Such fun.

I think you could also get them in places like Hallmark and the drug stores. I’m thinking back on some of the other things that were trendy when I was in school. Were add-a-bead necklaces popular where you are? I think I still have my chain, but no beads.

I keep thinking about doing that (and putting away winter clothes) then we get a cold snap.

Poor guy. I know if I feel bad he must be absolutely miserable. I can usually get by on a daily Zyrtec, but I feel like I need something more right now.

My countdown is getting smaller.

View attachment 854027

Sounds like you`ll be glad to get today over with, and only a 5 day countdown! That`ll get you through the day.

Our weather is finally a little milder, but still not as warm as it should be for this time of year. At least you`ll be warm in Florida!

School was lovely this morning, all the kids had their enthusiasm back and sweet to see one little girl who is very shy come out of her shell a little more and had the confidence to read a little out loud.

I picked Tom up and we went to our friends house for lunch, they insisted we stay with them during the reroofing next month, finally gave in and said we would. We`ll have our own little area but will probably spend more time with them. She is a fellow tea and tequila drinker so we`ll have a blast!!!

Popped a letter off to an aunt of mine who loves a hand written one to read, did some jobs around the house together, Tom is brilliant at housework so I don`t need to man manage him, then made my chicken pot pie, it was really nice.

Then tea......and then some more tea, my friend tells me she doesn`t know anyone who drinks as much tea as we do, neither do I when I think on it......well, it is very British 😉

I posted way back last week I thought one of our fridge freezers might need replacing, seems to be ok for now, it might just have been it didn`t like being disturbed, we move it out weekly to clean behind it, so for now it`s fine.

Tomorrow Tom is volunteering for a few hours in a different place, then we`ll see if we need to go out anywhere, if the weather is nicer a walk would be nice, we miss doing our 6 miles a day.

Welcome home Ruth......glad you had such a lovely trip :wave2:

I can relate to you guys with the pollen. My allergies were mostly gone after having rona and getting a lot of pharmaceuticals iv'd into me but DW and I walk or run by the same stand of unknown trees a couple times a week and it's like mustard gas to me now. Glad to have the others go as we have about 9 months of alternating pollen here but I've got to identify to three to avoid.
Hard to run choking and eyes watering.
Happy Monday to all!

Good Tuesday morning, albeit a wet one right now! Fairly windy but not awful.

Tom has decided the tv we bought is not good enough, so after he`s done with volunteering this morning, it`s going back and he has already ordered a different one we`ll pick up when we drop this unsatisfactory one off lol......it seems fine to me, but I agree with him it`s too much to pay for something and it seems to have an intermittent wobble on the screen. Hey ho.

There`s a really nice kitchen and household store nearby, so will pop in there since we`re up that way, they have lovely items that are so tempting!

We picked up some fresh eggs from the farm yesterday, so poached eggs this morning for us, will be a little early as Tom leaves early for this place he volunteers in, then I think he`s done for the week, although if either place is short of volunteers they will call and ask if he is available. Lunch will be some kind of salad and dinner tonight will be pork loin....sweet and spicy marinade that will make a lovely sauce including honey, soy sauce, bullet chillies, garlic and regular seasonings too, will have that with chinese veg stir fried with some lo mein noodles. Food sorted for the day.

Ready for a cuppa though, need to stock up I think as we do like plenty of options with our teas. And laundry I think this morning while Tom is out, very exciting.

Have a lovely Tuesday ☺️

cv63-S.jpg

cv62-S.jpg

Ah what a cool feeling morning. Agree with the weather news first hear after the alarm went off. Cool and clear skies, but then heard the traffic news, with road closures, and an accident not yet cleaned up. Glad none of the road closures and accident not where I drive. As came out the door, was glad I had a jacket on. 40 said my outdoor thermometer. Yeah, what clear skies overnight do. But was nice to see the stars and bright moon. And nice and warmer this late afternoon, as 69 the high, with full day of sunshine. Will be carrying that jacket, as I get ready to go on that afternoon commute. Sunglasses. Yay, for lunchtime walk and for ride home.

Ah older one still has off today, so maybe a Taco Bell run, but maybe not. By the time I get home, don’t feel like going out much. They did some shopping yesterday, and I think they said they’ll do a Costco run for me. Nice when I can get that done while I don’t have to wait until the weekend, or after dinner on a week day.

But as we are on this Taco Tuesday, today is a good one to enjoy a 🌮 taco or two. Or at least remember, Taco Bell and that other taco place, like the reminder of taco eating today.

Hence, hope all have a most Terrific Taco Tuesday.

Today was visiting SIL to complete out taxes. Sadly I had to pay in ( with picking up so many shifts with the healthcare job) It pushed me into the next level tax bracket :sad2:
Your reward for working your tail off. SMH
I`m always amazed how many little ones don`t have parents that had read to them every night as a baby and toddler.
Unthinkable

Welcome home Ruth!

Hotel hopping trip is winding up swell. Pixie dusted after chatting up check in staff = comp upgrade 2BR

IMG_0743.jpegIMG_0742.jpeg
IMG_0748.jpeg
IMG_0745.jpeg
IMG_0747.jpeg
IMG_0770.jpeg
I could live here. Pretty sure they’ll make us leave tomorrow

Your reward for working your tail off. SMH

Unthinkable

Welcome home Ruth!

Hotel hopping trip is winding up swell. Pixie dusted after chatting up check in staff = comp upgrade 2BR

View attachment 854165View attachment 854166
View attachment 854167
View attachment 854168
View attachment 854169
View attachment 854170
I could live here. Pretty sure they’ll make us leave tomorrow

Old key west, our first visit here. Had heard a lessor DVC. I beg to differ

View attachment 854171

View attachment 854172View attachment 854173
Have a great one all!

Love the pictures Janet, it looks stunning and nice upgrade!!!! It`s lovely to hear you got that special treatment, you deserve it and yes I think they may want you to leave tomorrw...lol....

Tom laughed at me happy to see your washer/dryer in the suite picture...... 🥴

Enjoy the rest of your time there!!!

What a carry on with that darn tv! Despite a year`s guarantee and it only being a few weeks old they tried to say they wouldn`t take it back.......er, yes you will. All so unnecessary as we knew they had to take it back, but we got the little jobsworth for a time. Didn`t have to ask for the manager as he appeared when he saw we weren`t happy and he was excellent. So, we returned it got our refund, came home, went online and ordered one he saw a few days ago, not coming till Saturday though. I think we`ll manage.

Nothing worse than a jobsworth to bring out the ultra polite language and tone in one, but never rude or curse.....nothing worse than hearing that.

Kettle is on for tea, pork is marinading for dinner later, time to chill out. It` still cold outside but getting slightly better, so tea is most welcome today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter