Something About Nothing..........# 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most restaurant food isn't good for you, that's why it tastes so good:laughing:. I cut the amount of teriyaki way back in my version and it still's delish.

carole we've never done BMG either:confused3, just too much other stuff going on during our too short visits same with Cirque at WDW.

marci - nice to see you, glad things are going well in your 'new' neck of the woods. Congrats to your DS!

MH - talk about a cool getaway:banana: not to mention that bruce retired north;)

mac - mini meet with MH and living near candy place?!? as my kids would say "i'm so jelly"

good morning Homies!! (it's still morning, right? no? oh poop.):surfweb:

there just isnt enough coffee for me this morning.

It was all I could do today to make it into work, I just wanted to crawl back under the covers! Why do workdays go so slow & vacation days seem like they were a million years ago??
(you know what this means? time to plan another trip!! :laughing:)

Ok, back to work, thats all the fun I can have for right now. Check in on you Homies later!! :cool2:

Hey........we have sunshine :dance3:

Bought some clothes for our trip yesterday.....cut the labels off and washed them individually. Brought one pair of shorts out the washer and noticed the security tag was still on......don`t know how I missed it before.........so had to go back to town and get it removed.......I was half expecting the alarm to go off as I went in the store but it didn`t.

So got another couple of tops while I was in :rolleyes1 well they had a sale on :thumbsup2

Keisha.....glad I`m not the only one with BMG and Cirque, yep too many other things going on.

Marci......love the house it`s gorgeous :thumbsup2

Mr MH......super pics as usual :)

Macraven......Jelly Belly???? Close by you :love: :love: I adore their stuff. I don`t eat many sweets (candy) at all.....but jelly beans along with white chocolate are a real weakness of mine!!! Quite envious now :rotfl:

MJ.......no calories don`t count if you don`t count them :laughing:

BigK........Hi.........Hope your day goes quick......our time seems to be standing still at the moment.......but yep when it`s vacation time......it flies past!!!

good morning Homies!! (it's still morning, right? no? oh poop.):surfweb:

there just isnt enough coffee for me this morning.

It was all I could do today to make it into work, I just wanted to crawl back under the covers! Why do workdays go so slow & vacation days seem like they were a million years ago??
(you know what this means? time to plan another trip!! :laughing:)

Ok, back to work, thats all the fun I can have for right now. Check in on you Homies later!! :cool2:

i'm late for the party but i have a note from my maternal unit...........:rolleyes1

feel asleep at 5:00 this morning and up at 8:30 due to a call from the home.

only had one cup of coffee and left the house.

i hear ya Mr Big K, i was dragging until now.
i'm on my second pot of coffee as i sit here ..........

Carole, i didn't know you loved jelly belly stuff.
i can get that stuff for youse.

but i can't guarantee if you want those Mr Pothead chocolate frogs, you'll only end up with the wrapper and card............just sayin

[FONT="Comic Sans MS

when i saw the first pic i thought the house looked smaller than the one in GB.
as the slide show progressed, it does look like a big house when you show the back view.

are you bringing the hot tub with youse?

is it a 4 bedroom like the last one?

that really suxs that they broke up after the senior prom.
is your oldest still going with the same girl?
i forget if we liked her or not.
refresh my memory.

and, we could never forget you marcie!
[/FONT]

Glad to know I'm not forgotten! ;) Still don't know on the hot tub - would have to pay to move that ourselves, plus we've had a lot of problems with it lately, plus would have to get a concrete pad put in for it, etc. so it may be more trouble that it's worth. House looks small but is about 25% larger than our current house, plus has a huge basement, which is rare to find in the Indy area. (any kind of a basement, let alone a huge one).

Oldest son and his GF broke up well over a year and a half ago (okay, she dumped him!) after nearly 4 years together. So all my guys are currently unattached, which may be for the better!

Here's the link to all the Disneyland Pics, for anyone who wants to go through a lot. They're in no particular order and include me and my son, and my relatives who live right near Anaheim that we stayed with. We spent one night at the Super 8 on Katella which we were more than happy with. I'll provide a couple pics in the next post for people who don't want to go through all of them!

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/marciemi/2012 Disneyland/

Handful of Disneyland pics. We did NOT have the best weather - at least two of the days looked like this:
b0d1ef2d.jpg

Despite all the sun you see in the pics (which are pretty much all from 2 days since I didn't bother taking pics on the other days when it was pouring!). We were still the first ones in the park, and even had time to get a pic of just Eric in front of the castle before the rest of the crowds came in!
fb0a1a51.jpg

The two of us, in our famous lime green DIS shirts:
a8c7a537.jpg

Buzz Lightyear with the lights all turned on after we were stuck on it for a long time and eventually manually evacuated and walked through the ride out to the exit:
45809429.jpg

Super 8 pool - Eric was impressed that it was outdoors. Only in the 50's or so while we were there but the hot tub was hot!
3f63f963.jpg

Our absolutely favorite meal (which we did at least 3 times) from the Bengal Barbeque - Banyan Beef Sticks (super spicy) and Bacon Wrapped Asparagus:
3c482df2.jpg
1e585033.jpg

I checked out your link full of pics, Marcie. Great job! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to get back out there but I think it will be awhile since Cars Land is just opening this Friday.

I don't know if you want to see it or not (huge spoil) but here is a POV of the ride from both sides of the track. Yeah.....I know this is the Darkside but I have to admit this ride looks pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zve0m5Awmjc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucx2wVM2cWY

i have one of those lovely summer-time colds, thanks to typhoid-oldest DS who seems to bring all sorts of bugs into household:confused3probably because he's around so many people in course of a day.

marci you really have worked those shirts! must use tide, they haven't faded;). Rain on a disney trip, oh no! We had great time in Feb other than the long, weird set up for the CA show at night. People were staking out spots 3 hours early, on a weekday:crazy2: MH we could see the construction from the sky wheel on cars land then, but it mostly looked like a big hole in an artificial mt. Thanks for the link have been curious how it turned out.:thumbsup2

i hear ya Mr Big K, i was dragging until now.
i'm on my second pot of coffee as i sit here ..........

Hey......I'm a girl!!!!:flower3::blush::p:wave2: so that's Miss Big K :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Good Morning Homies!!!!

Marcie, love the pics from DisneyLand! I've never been out there but it's on my list!!

Keisha, Feel better!!!

schumigirl, yay for sunshine!! :beach:

and happy Hump Day!!!!

re cars' ride through link

It turned out to be a lovely attraction. :thumbsup2 The sort of dark ride that U should incorporate to be more inclusive to guests imo.

Won't pose my Q on DL board at the risk of a beat down;)but does it remind anybody else of a 'souped up' version of test track?

Hey......I'm a girl!!!!:flower3::blush::p:wave2: so that's Miss Big K :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Good Morning Homies!!!!

Marcie, love the pics from DisneyLand! I've never been out there but it's on my list!!

Keisha, Feel better!!!

schumigirl, yay for sunshine!! :beach:

and happy Hump Day!!!!

oops.............so sorry. :flower3:

i get that a lot too.

well, on my coffee break from cleaning this dump that i live in........

had the furnace on last night and electric blanket on.
i'm a wuss.
i don't like being cold.

oops.............so sorry. :flower3:

i get that a lot too.

well, on my coffee break from cleaning this dump that i live in........

had the furnace on last night and electric blanket on.
i'm a wuss.
i don't like being cold.

No worries!!! it's hard to tell thru this silly screen.....:surfweb:

It's cold there already? I'm glad we are still warm here....but thats most of the time i think... :beach:

it gets hot and it gets cold.

depends on which way the wind is blowing............:crazy2:

i'm near Lake Michigan and that water is cold.

right now it is 60 here.
expecting a high of 69, maybe.......

marci you really have worked those shirts! must use tide, they haven't faded;). Rain on a disney trip, oh no!

Actually...when the DIS Shopkeeper went out of business, she was selling them for like $5 each and at some point it was "buy one get one for half price" so we definitely stocked up. I think I still have several in the packaging to save for the future! :thumbsup2

it gets hot and it gets cold.

depends on which way the wind is blowing............:crazy2:

i'm near Lake Michigan and that water is cold.

right now it is 60 here.
expecting a high of 69, maybe.......

We live right on the coast of the North Sea and it`s the same.......cold cold and then even colder.....I was born in the wrong country!!! We had a high of 58 today :confused3 It`s the middle of June!!!

Sunshine gone again and our heating is on too.

Excitement for the day.........I bought a new iron.

My old iron was 10 years old and very simple. This one is digital and bleeps at you a lot. Took me 5 minutes to work out how to fill it with water :blush: I wouldn`t ask either :thumbsup2

I also broke my diet slightly today.....bought some Jelly Belly Beans ::yes:: and I didn`t share :hyper: Sugar high tonight!!!

Working tomorrow to help my friend out........keeps me out of mischief :wave2:

Actually...when the DIS Shopkeeper went out of business, she was selling them for like $5 each and at some point it was "buy one get one for half price" so we definitely stocked up. I think I still have several in the packaging to save for the future! :thumbsup2

i've stockpiled park tickets but not park shirts;) but smart to stock up on your fav vacation shirts.

wrinkle release is my best buddy on laundry daypixiedust:quick spray & a pat down or two & poof go the wrinkles

i found my motherland tickets this afternoon......

i have 3 ten day hopper passes, ne.
bought them some years back and last year used two tickets out of each pass.
then i added on days to them to make them 10 days each again.

and i found 3 of my motherland gift cards.
whew..........

my only expenses for the motherland portion of that resort stay was the room.
paid that off last month.

i'm so happy.
now that i found those items, i don't have to rebuy them........
(which is the reason i have 3 different sets of park hoppers to begin with)
:blush:

the first stay on my vacation is all paid up.
got everything covered for any expenses while there.

now the darkside expenses........
probably will buy a couple of the new Universal gift cards as they are accepted at city walk, parks and hotels.......

paid 2 of the 10 days onsite hotel.

and finally found the cineplex coupon i can use this year to catch a movie.
yup, ticket still valid.

bought the dinner and a show pass back in 2001.......
used the meal portion saved the show ticket......

and i have my credit card ready to use when HHN goes on sale......

but while looking for these items, i rearranged all the other stuff i had in the drawers.
tomorrow i need to look at those places i tore up today and find what i threw back in there........:sad2:

Go Mac!!! You have really got it together for your trip!

Good Thursday morning Homies! I'm at work (but not ready to work yet.....SHHHHHH!!!!) ;)

I'm looking forward to the weekend - I have a lot to be done in and around the house - and I think I'm going to spend some time looking up a day trip to Orlando. :) Now that we have US/IOA annual passes, it just seems like the right thing to do!

Saw these & thought they were *really* neat, but I'm not ready for a mouse in my kitchen! :earseek: LOL (I'm also not ready to spend $60 on 4 plates & 2 bowls.)

http://www.disneystore.com/gourmet-mickey-collection-gourmet-mickey-mouse-dinner-plate/mp/1307042/1012501/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter