• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something happening at SSR in October

Wakey

DIS Veteran
Loads of cash paying Brits are reporting being bumped out of SSR in October. SSR is a popular choice as Disney has traditionally offered Brits good cash prices (discounted rooms) with free dining.
So far they are being bumped to Port Orleans (those are complaining), Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge and AK. This is still with the free dining.
According to the execs at the Member's Meeting, the refurb wasn’t meant to be getting underway properly until 2019. Also I wouldn’t expect that to cause all this bumping.
Wonder what is going on?

Maybe they are bumping OKW guests to SSR and trying to step up the progress at OKW.

Could it be anything to do with DVC bookings being up? I think Disney uk state it's not confirmed until 11 months before departure.
Nice for the folk who got WL And I'm guessing the folk in POR retain the dining plan rather than revert to QS.

By the way Wakey, thank you for Charlie Taylor and Chris Wood

Could it be anything to do with DVC bookings being up? I think Disney uk state it's not confirmed until 11 months before departure.
Nice for the folk who got WL And I'm guessing the folk in POR retain the dining plan rather than revert to QS.
These are people who had confirmed reservations at 11 months. Yes they are retaining TS dining plan in POR but people are being put in Beach Club also, and complaining (naivety, I love SSR but would prefer BCV most of the time.)

These are people who had confirmed reservations at 11 months. Yes they are retaining TS dining plan in POR but people are being put in Beach Club also, and complaining (naivety, I love SSR but would prefer BCV most of the time.)

Sorry, I haven't quite caught up with 2018.
That's odd then but yes I like SS but would be happy in BCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter