Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

I know this is an older thread now, but I was successful in getting a Sorcerer DVC pass yesterday. I asked if I could upgrade my 7 day park hopper to the DVC pass. She asked to see my membership, so I went in the Disney World app, went to My Profile, then Memberships. She saw my DVC membership and quoted me a price to upgrade. This was at Guest Relations at International Gateway at Epcot. Your mileage may vary!
Congratulations. You’ll have to keep us updated when it comes time to renew.

I know this is an older thread now, but I was successful in getting a Sorcerer DVC pass yesterday. I asked if I could upgrade my 7 day park hopper to the DVC pass. She asked to see my membership, so I went in the Disney World app, went to My Profile, then Memberships. She saw my DVC membership and quoted me a price to upgrade. This was at Guest Relations at International Gateway at Epcot. Your mileage may vary!
Unclear… are you white card or blue?

MY understanding is only over the phone. The key element being that someone at DVC MS has to verify your eligibility to renew the pass, then they pass the call over to ticketing.
I just renewed my pass and they didn't have to transfer the call to ticketing. Looks like MS can do it themselves now.

I just renewed my pass and they didn't have to transfer the call to ticketing. Looks like MS can do it themselves now.
Same, was able to get new passes and put in a crib request and room request for my upcoming December stay BRV with the same CM!

I just renewed last week. DVC confirms blue card eligibility (I'm both blue and white card) before renewing and I had to speak with several CM's to renew. The final CM is DVC.
I'm Blue with a Direct contract and also a Resale which is before the cut off when there was a differentiation.
Whenever I call DVC regarding AP renewal or special things, I always make sure to put the Direct membership # into the phone system as the transaction always goes smoother. It's so obvious they clamp down now.

I'm Blue with a Direct contract and also a Resale which is before the cut off when there was a differentiation.
Whenever I call DVC regarding AP renewal or special things, I always make sure to put the Direct membership # into the phone system as the transaction always goes smoother. It's so obvious they clamp down now.
I'm just waiting for the onslaught of irritated resale owners who were able to buy the pass last year when there was either a loophole, or lack of diligence in buying the pass initially (when you could buy online and either pick up at GS or just swipe into the tap style). With the cast-in-stone requirement that you renew over the phone, the loophole seems to be gone and there will probably be some unhappy owners (regardless of whether they knew they were ineligible when they purchased or not).

I'm just waiting for the onslaught of irritated resale owners who were able to buy the pass last year when there was either a loophole, or lack of diligence in buying the pass initially (when you could buy online and either pick up at GS or just swipe into the tap style). With the cast-in-stone requirement that you renew over the phone, the loophole seems to be gone and there will probably be some unhappy owners (regardless of whether they knew they were ineligible when they purchased or not).
Wow. Never knew that was going on. I had tried to renew online on the AP site and it never would go through as you had to literally call DVC GS. I found it actually annoying that it would take 2 minutes to renew at AP online. Nope. Had to wait for DVC to answer the phone. When I renewed mine 6 months ago, I actually got the 3rd degree about whether it was Direct or Resale membership. (I have both) She had to ask someone else while she put me on hold. Finally she agreed I was eligible on each of the memberships because the Resale was earlier than the cutoff. It was quite the ordeal and I was surprised. I have to call in 3 days to renew DH's (joint owner on both memberships) and it better be easy as there's no reason for it not to be. Then again...it's Disney.

Ha… loose lips sink shops. Plenty of rats here.

That aside, true story from last week…
Did 1 day at Epcot for F&W. Wife, in-laws and me.
I bought the one day tix. For me it automatically goes to FL resident page. I bought 4 tix, knowing the in-laws were not residents. The price was the exact same to the penny as out of staters, so I just bought them.
Well, it created quite the hub-bub at the entrance.
Had to convert their tickets even though they were the exact same price. Wasted 30 min of our day. Why???

I bought the one day tix. For me it automatically goes to FL resident page. I bought 4 tix, knowing the in-laws were not residents. The price was the exact same to the penny as out of staters, so I just bought them.
Had to convert their tickets even though they were the exact same price. Wasted 30 min of our day. Why???
Because, while they were the same price, they are technically two different type of ticket media. Just like the Sorcerers pass, they are registered in the system as either a FL resident pass or a DVC pass.

Wow. Never knew that was going on. I had tried to renew online on the AP site and it never would go through as you had to literally call DVC GS. I found it actually annoying that it would take 2 minutes to renew at AP online. Nope. Had to wait for DVC to answer the phone. When I renewed mine 6 months ago, I actually got the 3rd degree about whether it was Direct or Resale membership. (I have both) She had to ask someone else while she put me on hold. Finally she agreed I was eligible on each of the memberships because the Resale was earlier than the cutoff. It was quite the ordeal and I was surprised. I have to call in 3 days to renew DH's (joint owner on both memberships) and it better be easy as there's no reason for it not to be. Then again...it's Disney.
We're both resale (post cutoff) and direct owners, all one membership, and I had no issues with renewing our pass last week. Hoping for the same for you!

I’m interested to know more- how was it recognized that they were not FL residents? We’re you at the taps with linked into MDE and they ask for proof of residence or picking up at will call?

I’m interested to know more- how was it recognized that they were not FL residents? We’re you at the taps with linked into MDE and they ask for proof of residence or picking up at will call?
I don't know how it works for FL residents, but when you buy the Canadian discounted tickets, you need to activate them first by showing proof you're from Canada. I'm assuming the FL tickets are the same.

That's were the rubber hits the road. All DVC AP's need to be renewed over the phone with DVC GS, and they will definitely see if someone does not qualify for membership Extras.
Can someone just let their sorcerer AP lapse and then purchase new again? Without the renewal discount it's debatable if it's just worth it to renew as incredipass vs let it lapse and potentially purchase another sorcerer 🤔

Can someone just let their sorcerer AP lapse and then purchase new again? Without the renewal discount it's debatable if it's just worth it to renew as incredipass vs let it lapse and potentially purchase another sorcerer 🤔

You can always buy new but if someone was lucky enough to get it when not eligible…most people are denied…it doesn’t meant it will happen again…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter