South West Points

Princess Minnie321

Mouseketeer
I am going to transfer my chase rewards points to my south west account. Can I can just use my points to buy my family's tickets too or would I have to buy the tickets separately through each family members accounts? I am hoping to buy as soon as the fares open next Monday morning so I need to be quick with my purchase. I also have two young children and to not risk someone getting shut out of the tickets, I prefer to purchase the 4 tickets we need all at once.

Also, we all currently have 2500 points each in our seperate account. If I can use my points to purchase all the tickets, should I be transferring their points to my account too? I figure between the 4 of us, that is an additional 10,000 points to go toward our airfare.

Thank you!

I am going to transfer my chase rewards points to my south west account. Can I can just use my points to buy my family's tickets too or would I have to buy the tickets separately through each family members accounts? I am hoping to buy as soon as the fares open next Monday morning so I need to be quick with my purchase. I also have two young children and to not risk someone getting shut out of the tickets, I prefer to purchase the 4 tickets we need all at once.

Also, we all currently have 2500 points each in our seperate account. If I can use my points to purchase all the tickets, should I be transferring their points to my account too? I figure between the 4 of us, that is an additional 10,000 points to go toward our airfare.

Thank you!
You can purchase them all together. I would not transfer their points to your account if you have enough UR points to transfer to cover. I can't remember exactly but there is a fee or something to move the points.

Oh good to know, I did not realize there was a fee. Well at least I can take our rewards points, plus my points and hopefully get us a decent fare. Thank you!

Thank you!
You can buy everyone's tickets using one RR account. However, it costs $10/1,000 pts. to transfer points from one RR account to another and must be done in multiples of 1,000. So if you do not have enough in one account to purchase for everyone, then you are better off buying each ticket separately.

Thank you!

I did this for our last trip. Figured out approx. how many Rapid Rewards points we would need minus the amount we already had and then transferred UR points. Because my husband and I both had RR points, I transferred UR points to both accounts and then put one kid on each of our reservations.

When booking you will choose number of tickets and then later in process identify the passengers. Make sure your kids have their own RR account so they can begin to accumulate points. You can add those rewards numbers in when you identify passengers.

It's very quick and easy to transfer Chase UR points so you can wait til the day of so you know how many you will need.

You can buy everyone's tickets using one RR account. However, it costs $10/1,000 pts. to transfer points from one RR account to another and must be done in multiples of 1,000. So if you do not have enough in one account to purchase for everyone, then you are better off buying each ticket separately.
I did this for our last trip. Figured out approx. how many Rapid Rewards points we would need minus the amount we already had and then transferred UR points. Because my husband and I both had RR points, I transferred UR points to both accounts and then put one kid on each of our reservations.

When booking you will choose number of tickets and then later in process identify the passengers. Make sure your kids have their own RR account so they can begin to accumulate points. You can add those rewards numbers in when you identify passengers.

It's very quick and easy to transfer Chase UR points so you can wait til the day of so you know how many you will need.
How did you transfer your UR points to your DH? I thought that your UR points only mapped to one SW account? I have my associated with my RR account. I didn't know I could associate it with my account and DH's. I tried to just transfer UR points fro my CSR to his CSR account but I had to transfer the entire balance.

How did you transfer your UR points to your DH? I thought that your UR points only mapped to one SW account? I have my associated with my RR account. I didn't know I could associate it with my account and DH's. I tried to just transfer UR points fro my CSR to his CSR account but I had to transfer the entire balance.

My husband is primary on a Chase Sapphire Preferred and I am an Authorized User. I transferred points from our UR Account to Southwest Rapid Rewards. I didn't transfer UR between two different Chase Accounts.

This is what their guidelines state for transfers to travel partners. :

Points can only be transferred to yourself, or one additional household member who is listed as an authorized user on your card account. Once you transfer points to an authorized user, that person will be the only authorized user on your account eligible to receive point transfers.
All point transfers are final.​

Also, it is best if you book one way tickets instead of round trip. That way if fares go down for one way of the booking it will be easier to rebook if you don't have RT air booked. I started booking all my flights this way.

Also, it is best if you book one way tickets instead of round trip. That way if fares go down for one way of the booking it will be easier to rebook if you don't have RT air booked. I started booking all my flights this way.

Thank you! I will do this!

My husband is primary on a Chase Sapphire Preferred and I am an Authorized User. I transferred points from our UR Account to Southwest Rapid Rewards. I didn't transfer UR between two different Chase Accounts.

This is what their guidelines state for transfers to travel partners. :

Points can only be transferred to yourself, or one additional household member who is listed as an authorized user on your card account. Once you transfer points to an authorized user, that person will be the only authorized user on your account eligible to receive point transfers.
All point transfers are final.​
Gotcha you. We've stopped doing AU given the 5/24 rule and AUs counting or having to call Chase and politely ask them not count them. I actually all 3 credit bureaus and had them removed from our reports. Plus CSR has the $75 fee for an AU.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter