Southern Calif moving question

mom4scrapbooking

Mouseketeer
My husband works a lot in Southern Cal! He is away all but like 5 days in a month the kids and I are missing him like crazy. I haven't even thought about moving as I have 4 kids two of which are in high school and I can't imagine pulling them out to transfer them. I know it can't be as hard as I think but I have no idea. I just would really like to have my family back. So I started looking into moving into Southern Cal! I am looking for a small city that has good schools with low crime rate! I know perfect world! I have no idea where to even begin searching for. By the way I need to add that I don't want to small of a city, still would be able to run to target if I want to! lol! Also rent in about 1300 month rage!

If anyone can help me that would be so great! Thanks so very much!

Where do you live now and where does your DH work most?

Yes, this was my question too. Southern California is HUGE so you wouldn't want to live in San Diego if your DH was working in Santa Clarita. That would take hours to drive back and forth. I've lived in 4 different areas down here so I might be able to help if I knew what area you were thinking about.

In general terms, the further east you go, the cheaper it is.

He doesn't work in a specific area! That is the problem he works anywhere from , la, ontario! We are looking at redlands, sun city? Not sure exactly if he is close to an airport it would be better! We really want to stay in a small city though!

He doesn't work in a specific area! That is the problem he works anywhere from , la, ontario! We are looking at redlands, sun city? Not sure exactly if he is close to an airport it would be better! We really want to stay in a small city though!

We live right next to redlands. I don't know anything about sun city. But if you're looking for cheap, redlands is more expensive than yucaipa, mentone, calimesa, beaumont and banning which are all in that general area. I really like redlands though. That is where the target is! :laughing: Redlands (in general) will be cheaper than places closer to OC/LA but like i said, it is more expensive than other cities in the immediate area. There's an airport in San Bernardino (just west of redlands) that I've heard is supposed to be expanding but don't know if that's happening or when that's happening. Ontario would be the closest big airport in this area. I don't recommend San Bernardino. I'm sure there are some very nice places there but there are also a lot of scary places and i think of crime when i think of san bernardino (sorry to anyone who may live in SB! ). Oh, Highland is also right next to redlands.

Not sure what climate you're used to but it gets HOT here in the summer. Not as bad as Arizona but way hotter than i like it. And summer seems to last most of the year. On the flip side, here in yucaipa, we also get snow every year or two. We just had snow here on thursday. Our house only got about 2 inches but up the road a little ways they had 6+ inches. Even if it doesn't actually snow in Yucaipa, it snows up in oak glen every year which is about 10 mintues up the road. And the best thing about snow here is that it melts quickly so no need to really deal with it too much when it does happen. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have about this area. Hope that helps!

I just thought of another city you could look into: Rancho Cucamonga. I have no idea how much housing is there but it's near ontario (airport) and it has a lot of new shops, restaurants, houses, apartments, etc. but doesn't have a big city feel to it. I go shopping over there sometimes and it looks like a really nice town.

Rancho Cucamonga is really nice but expensive. I have also noticed there is a lot of traffic. It seems to take forever getting across the city. Upland is also nice. I also live close to Redlands. I have a friend living in Chino Hills and they love it.

How do your older kids feel about moving in the middle of high school? I ask because my father was transferred to another state at the end of my sophomore year in HS and it was devastating for me. I adapted and thrived, but I always resented my parents for the move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter