Southwest Ding - Specials on Wednesday!

Remember SW works on Central time. Its 6:21 there.

I think some peoples expectations were not really realistic. The fares don't look that bad to me based on fuel costs and the other airline fees I see.

lol..this coming from someone who thinks delta laying off and offering early retirement ( in other words pushing people out) 2000 people is encouraging news...too funny

The worst part about not getting a ding today, is it means I have to do this everyday to catch the dings until I get the one I want! Come on MHT......

While you guys are waiting... can you answer a question for a SW newbie?? :goodvibes

I am eagerly awaiting the 6/26 release of December fares. Will the fares be relativley low upon release or am I better off waiting for a DING?

(BTW- I only got DING'ed once today for MDW and nowhere I wanted to go :rotfl: )

While you guys are waiting... can you answer a question for a SW newbie?? :goodvibes

I am eagerly awaiting the 6/26 release of December fares. Will the fares be relativley low upon release or am I better off waiting for a DING?

(BTW- I only got DING'ed once today for MDW and nowhere I wanted to go :rotfl: )

Someone probably can answer this better than I.. but when my dates opened up they were quite a bit cheaper. However gas has steadily gone up since then so I'm not sure what it will be like by the end of June.
I know I wish I had booked awhile ago.

Thats a hard one to answer b/c you just never know whats going to happen when it comes to airfare. I would think of an amount you are willing to pay and if you get it when sw releases then you should just book it. If a ding comes along for a better fare you can always rebook later and save the credit for another trip.

Thats a hard one to answer b/c you just never know whats going to happen when it comes to airfare. I would think of an amount you are willing to pay and if you get it when sw releases then you should just book it. If a ding comes along for a better fare you can always rebook later and save the credit for another trip.

how long is the credit good for??

I am hoping it will be around $250pp when it opens :wizard:

Someone probably can answer this better than I.. but when my dates opened up they were quite a bit cheaper. However gas has steadily gone up since then so I'm not sure what it will be like by the end of June.
I know I wish I had booked awhile ago.

i agree with both of the posts above me..i've waited before and have saved a little and i've waited before and have spent a little more each way than the original opening price

it depends what's important to you...i usuallly have a set price in my head and if it's below that then i grab the flight i want..sometimes the time of the flight is more important than the price..it really depends on you

lol..this coming from someone who thinks delta laying off and offering early retirement ( in other words pushing people out) 2000 people is encouraging news...too funny

No Dear I thought MAKING A PROFIT was encouraging! Sorry that bothers you! I am sorry that folks lost thier jobs, but reducing capacity is a vital step on the road to profit. (As my company pointed out when they laid me off Monday!)

I don't think any airline can afford a $37 fare. So when you get what you want and the airline shuts down.... well did you really get what you wanted? :confused3

(You seem to think they are in bankruptcy if I recall?)

how long is the credit good for??

I am hoping it will be around $250pp when it opens :wizard:

The credit is good for one year from the date of booking. I went to disney in jan and when the fares were first released, they were much higher than I wanted to pay so I took the risk and waited. They evenutally dropped to a price I was willing to pay but its always a risk to wait.....especially with the market the way it is right now.

The worst part about not getting a ding today, is it means I have to do this everyday to catch the dings until I get the one I want! Come on MHT......

Last year, I booked our flight going to FL but was determined to get a good rate coming home. About 3 weeks before going on the trip, I still hadn't booked a return flight because I was sure a better fare was coming along. It did but boy, I was sweating a little! But I'm dedicated to the Ding!

Last year, I booked our flight going to FL but was determined to get a good rate coming home. About 3 weeks before going on the trip, I still hadn't booked a return flight because I was sure a better fare was coming along. It did but boy, I was sweating a little! But I'm dedicated to the Ding!

Dedicated is just a fancy word for addict I'm afraid.;)

I think Ive gained at least a pound or two today. Ive been comfort eating while I wait for the dings. Im supposed to be losing weight for vacation, not gaining it! Come on, ding already so I can relax.

I would also like to join DA -
Hi my name is Natale and I am a Ding-aholic
I need some Dingahol. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter