Southwest Disney Park Ticket Offer....

Where did you read that about an email sent with info needed for MDE and FP+? I looked at the tickets and the savings sound great! I'm thinking of biting the bullet and getting them...But worried about FP+ specifically.

There is a thread about it on Theme Parks and Attractions section, and one person got all the info about the numbers to attach to MDE.

I purchased the 6-day PH tonight for my late January trip. The consensus here seems to be that the necessary MDE linking numbers arrive within a reasonable time, so long as you do NOT change the default trip dates while typing in your purchase info. (Tickets that have never been used do not expire, so the dates on the purchase page don't matter.) I am hopeful that the MDE linking number will show up in tomorrow's email.

I purchased the 6-day PH tonight for my late January trip. The consensus here seems to be that the necessary MDE linking numbers arrive within a reasonable time, so long as you do NOT change the default trip dates while typing in your purchase info. (Tickets that have never been used do not expire, so the dates on the purchase page don't matter.) I am hopeful that the MDE linking number will show up in tomorrow's email.

I wouldn't count on that. Tickets bought through Disney don't expire but promotional type tickets often do such as the Youth Sports company that got so slammed with ticket sales that they started asking for the buyer's team info. They do give a very definite exp date.
The SWA page link above states this:
Travel: 10/4/16 – 4/24/17

Ah, I didn't pick up on these being promotional tickets. My itinerary email just arrived with the 12-digit ticket code, which I linked successfully to MDE, and it was my understanding that such a ticket could be used any time I wished. But it appears I spoke too soon. :(

Ah, I didn't pick up on these being promotional tickets. My itinerary email just arrived with the 12-digit ticket code, which I linked successfully to MDE, and it was my understanding that such a ticket could be used any time I wished. But it appears I spoke too soon. :(

Well, maybe you can call Disney and see if there really is an expiration date attached to your tickets. If there is, well maybe it will be an excuse to go back sooner. :hyper:

ETA: Wait, you said your trip is late January. You will be fine.

Well, maybe you can call Disney and see if there really is an expiration date attached to your tickets. If there is, well maybe it will be an excuse to go back sooner. :hyper:

ETA: Wait, you said your trip is late January. You will be fine.

I would love to know if there is actually an expiration date on these tickets, because if not, then I might buy two for our 2018 trip. This is a good price.

I guess the problem in my case is that I am not sure how to distinguish promotional tickets from ordinary, unrestricted tickets. As others here have pointed out, certain ticket resellers request trip dates from their customers for purely internal purposes. Those dates have no connection to the validity of non-promotional tickets. Once you have those tickets linked to MDE, you can go to the World 50 years from now and those tickets will work. But if the tickets come from timeshare promos or certain youth/sports type organizations, those can expire for real. (I also got burned years ago from not understanding the difference between a voucher and a ticket, but that was my fault.) It would be a bit more customer-friendly if these ticket vendors would clarify that they are selling standard Disney unrestricted tickets.

I wouldn't count on that. Tickets bought through Disney don't expire but type tickets often do such as the Youth Sports company that got so slammed with ticket sales that they started asking for the buyer's team info. They do give a very definite exp date.
The SWA page link above states this:
Travel: 10/4/16 – 4/24/17
These are not "promotional tickets" in the same sense as convention tickets and comp tickets. These are regular MYW tickets being sold under a Southwestvacations promotion. It's Southwestvacations that has dictated those dates. That's how long you can use the voucher to claim your tickets. But the good news is that you can enter the Disney Reservation # from the emailed voucher into MDE and claim your tickets that way. I just did it with my tickets and they have no expiration date on them. If you read the thread on the TPAS board, you'll find the same information.

You can get them from orbits as well. I saw the offer when I was trying to book a hotel room for Orlando. It was a pop up on the side of the page. They have buy 7 day get 3 days free and 5 days get 2 days free and if you get it through Ebates you will get 4.5% cash back

These are not "promotional tickets" in the same sense as convention tickets and comp tickets. These are regular MYW tickets being sold under a Southwestvacations promotion. It's Southwestvacations that has dictated those dates. That's how long you can use the voucher to claim your tickets. But the good news is that you can enter the Disney Reservation # from the emailed voucher into MDE and claim your tickets that way. I just did it with my tickets and they have no expiration date on them. If you read the thread on the TPAS board, you'll find the same information.
Thanks for clariying. When it listed specific travel dates, I was afraid people might get stuck if they're plans were for later than April. Now if only my family weren't so Disney'd out, I'd go for it!

I can't seem to purchase the park tickets without the air, hotel and car rental. How do I purchase the tix alone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter