Southwest dropped our scheduled Return flight.

chaoskids

DIS Veteran
I was checking prices today on Southwest. The return flight my son and his wife were scheduled on is no longer available. The moved him to an earlier flight at 715 am. We received no notification of this change. Is there any recourse?

I was checking prices today on Southwest. The return flight my son and his wife were scheduled on is no longer available. The moved him to an earlier flight at 715 am. We received no notification of this change. Is there any recourse?

What do you mean by recourse? You can call them and ask them to move him to another flight if there is a better time for him available.

Southwest always emails flight changes. Check your junk mail folder.

Yes, that is what I meant. He’d like a later time for the same $$ as his previously booked flight. I’ll check for an email and call them.

Thank you!

Last week they started shuffling flights and most people with flights June through August were given the option to change their flights without paying any price difference. Some flights were canceled and rebooked. Call and see if you can change to a different time that works for you.

I'm pretty sure if it's more than an hour, they should be able to change the itinerary to one that works for them.

This happened to us in January. We were able to pick another flight that worked for us regardless of current price. I did receive notification of the cancellation though. Not sure why you did not?

they moved me from my 4:00pmnonstop to an 8:55AM nonstop flight for July2, that was not going to work so they refunded me and I rebooked on Jetblue nonstop for less.

A lot of times when airlines change flights/times the send out emails/ notifications in order of those changes. So the further out you are they may not notify you for a few days, weeks, etc. They basically don't want to be inundated with phone calls etc so they spread it out.

As others have said whenever an airline changes you flight by a certain amount of time you are entitled to change to any other flight regardless of price as others have said and even a refund if that's what you want. When you have a change that does not work for you (or even if you originally say booked at 4p flight because the 11a flight was $200 more expensive) head to the airlines website and look at all the flight and pick the one that works best for you. Then call them to make the change. The airline rep will appreciate that you know what you want when you call and it makes it easier for you not having to make a split second choice over the phone.

I have changed my flights a number of times to better flight times due to this.

What do you mean by recourse? You can call them and ask them to move him to another flight if there is a better time for him available.

I am a frequent flyer on Southwest and very rarely receive email notifications, when my itinerary needs to be/has been changed. As I check my flights fairly regularly, I usually notice the changes, myself, and proceed to make any changes, myself, via the website. This last time, for the summer 2020 schedule adjustments, I received no notice. Luckily, I caught the change that Southwest made from a 3 hour nonstop to a 9 hour connecting flights itinerary. Southwest made the change to an itinerary I requested at no additional cost.

BTW, the banner appears to have now disappeared, when reviewing reservations for the last change window.

No airline *always* emails changes.
Yep, they don't.
I had a flight changed for Southwest next month. No email. No notice even when I go to the website
However, I have my flight confirmation with the original time showing. It does NOT match the flight shown on the current return.
Now, that time works for me so I'm not worried about it, besides, they put me on the final flight of the day. Just not on the final one I had booked originally. So there's not a later one to move to anyway.
But I can assure you there was NO email. None. I even thought it was strange there was no notice on my reservation either. Made me pull up my original confirmation to make sure I wasn't crazy about what I thought I'd originally booked.

Yep, they don't.
I had a flight changed for Southwest next month. No email. No notice even when I go to the website
However, I have my flight confirmation with the original time showing. It does NOT match the flight shown on the current return.
Now, that time works for me so I'm not worried about it, besides, they put me on the final flight of the day. Just not on the final one I had booked originally. So there's not a later one to move to anyway.
But I can assure you there was NO email. None. I even thought it was strange there was no notice on my reservation either. Made me pull up my original confirmation to make sure I wasn't crazy about what I thought I'd originally booked.
We had a total of 7 flights in 10 days earlier this month on SWA (multi-stop trip). There were time changes on 3 of them and we received notifications by email for all three. One of them was that it was leaving a whopping 10 minutes earlier, and we were still notified. Each time we were offered a free change to another flight if it would be better. Maybe those of you not getting notifications should triple check that your email is associated with each reservation, and that it's an email you check regularly.

We had a total of 7 flights in 10 days earlier this month on SWA (multi-stop trip). There were time changes on 3 of them and we received notifications by email for all three. One of them was that it was leaving a whopping 10 minutes earlier, and we were still notified. Each time we were offered a free change to another flight if it would be better. Maybe those of you not getting notifications should triple check that your email is associated with each reservation, and that it's an email you check regularly.
I get an alert on my watch for every email I get. They did NOT email me.
There is NOT even an alert on the website that there was a change.
There is not way that's a coincidence.
Maybe they just don't send them all the time.

I get an alert on my watch for every email I get. They did NOT email me.
There is NOT even an alert on the website that there was a change.
There is not way that's a coincidence.
Maybe they just don't send them all the time.
I didn't mean to imply you'd missed it. More that something might have been missed on the website when making the booking. There's a field for how you want to be contacted in case of changes and it's important to make sure that's correct. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

I didn't mean to imply you'd missed it. More that something might have been missed on the website when making the booking. There's a field for how you want to be contacted in case of changes and it's important to make sure that's correct. Sorry I wasn't more clear.
Nope, I always put my email in. And phone number too.
But like I said, not even a note on the website that there was a change. Which is odd because the change was for 3 hours, which should have triggered an option to change to a different flight. But, I had the last flight of the night booked and it automatically changed to the new last flight of the day so I didn't want to change anyway.
Only making note that I believe the 2 are connected and for some reason, this particular change did not trigger what other changes do.

The only way I found out about a change was on the app and even that was buried as some type of alert or warning that I didn’t even notice for weeks. Luckily I caught it on time and was able to switch my flight to a better time on a different day so all worked out! Now I’m constantly tapping buttons on the app to make sure I don’t miss anything!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter