Southwest Splendors Booked for Sept '10!

CocosMeme

DIS Veteran
O.K. I had decided not book with ABD since we had wanted Flavors of France, but after reading all the positive trip reports on S.S. trip I bit the bullet and called today about the Adult Only options. We went on Viva Italia this last Sept. ('08), and loved it. I was surprised when the rep. told me that the Sept 25 '10 trip is already 40% full! I am really excited (even a year out) because I have always wanted to see the Grand Canyon. Keep those good trip reports coming!:surfweb:

O.K. I had decided not book with ABD since we had wanted Flavors of France, but after reading all the positive trip reports on S.S. trip I bit the bullet and called today about the Adult Only options. We went on Viva Italia this last Sept. ('08), and loved it. I was surprised when the rep. told me that the Sept 25 '10 trip is already 40% full! I am really excited (even a year out) because I have always wanted to see the Grand Canyon. Keep those good trip reports coming!:surfweb:

I am glad you booked a trip you feel you will enjoy. !!!

Thanks, Tozzi, it was SayHello's terrific trip report that convinced me. She is a very good salesperson. Now I need to decide if we should go a day or two early and check out Phonix and the surrounding area. I hear that Sedona is nice.

Congrats on booking your trip, isn't a great feeling:woohoo: This is a trip that I would love to do too. The pictures are just glorious, I am sure everything is even more beautiful in person.
Enjoy!

That's so funny - we did Viva Italia last year, then were torn between Flavors of France and SWS. We obviously chose SWS, and had a wonderful, amazing time. You will love it!

(Unfortunately we seem to have missed out on Flavors of France, but what can you do...)

You will love this trip! If you like to hike at all, definitely go early and spend a day or two exploring the fabulous red rock hiking in Sedona. If you like to play in natural springs, slide on slick rock, and jump off cliffs into freezing water, check out Slide Rock State Park while you're there!

Oooo I wondered what you were going to do when AbD canceled Flavors of France. Now I know! Good choice I think, based on all the reports here. I don't believe the Thunderbird will be your 'cup of tea' but the view will be fantastic!

Were your ears burning last night? grumpy1 and Mary Ann were here for dinner and they had their Viva Italia Memory Album with them. We talked about the lovely (thunder & lightning) dinner the 6 of us enjoyed at Peperone's.

6 other Viva Italia '08 mates should be heading over to Germany soon.

We rented a home in Sedona in May several years ago. There are so many trails and wonderful hikes to do. Also along the Oak Creek Canyon there are some beautiful sites.

Now the hard part ... the waiting but also some fun in planning! :woohoo:

Hey Redzinner. I wish we had been with ya'll for a reunion with Grumpy1 and Mary Ann. It would have been fun. I thought I had read about a group of our fellow Italy travelers going to Germany. You got me interested in the Ireland trip reading your trip reports, but we decided that we really wanted to see the Grand Canyon, and Ireland would be a later trip. We are coming down to see the Christmas decorations in December. PM me if you are interested n gettin together.I would love to hear about your time in Sedona. We will probably go a few days early.:)

Hi CocosMeme,
Congratulations on booking your trip. The SW Splendors is one of the ABD trips that is on my list. It is interesting that the adults only is already 40% full.If I want to take an adults only trip in 2010 I guess I need to make plans soon!

A year seems like a long way away though it will be here before you know it. Have fun planning! :banana:
________
Mercedes-Benz 600 History

I am excited, but you are right, a year is a long time to wait! We thought about the May one, but we really like to travel in Sept. and Oct. We have a Dec.trip to Disneyworld though to see the decorations. I have lots of time to research and find something to go a few days early for. Red rocks of Sodona sounds good. I'd be happy just to find a resort to go chill at.

I would love to hear about your time in Sedona. We will probably go a few days early.:)

We have been to Sedona several times and love to visit for the red rocks and hiking.
Here's a good place to start your planning Sedona Vacation Guide.

Things we would recommend: Holy Cross Chapel, Red Rock State Park with a tour guide to see the Apache Fire House, Palatki Ruins for cave rock art, and the Oak Creek. We did do Slide Rock but I preferred a little park south of Sedona, off 89 I think, that is along the Oak Creek. You can walk beside the creek and get a great view of the Cathedral Rock formation.

As you know I live in southwest Florida but my home's decor is southwest US, as in Sedona and Santa Fe. I just love the simplicity and beauty of those areas.

We went to Montezuma's too but I think that is on the AbD tour.

There are so many nice places to stay in Sedona, you won't have a problem relaxing! And you will LOVE the shopping :) especially in the art galleries.

I'll let you know about December at Disney for a meet. I'll ask Fred & Mary Ann what their plans are for that time. I know they talked about February.

but I preferred a little park south of Sedona, off 89 I think, that is along the Oak Creek. You can walk beside the creek and get a great view of the Cathedral Rock formation.

This sounds like one of the hikes we did as well. I say "hike" but it was really a nice walk, and we ended up at a swimming hole in the creek, complete with a rope for swinging out into the water Tarzan-style. It was awesome!

southwesttrip178.jpg

Our hosts for the pretrip were in Oak Creek, and I agree that this is one gorgeous area of Sedona!

Other great hikes: the Soldier's Pass trail and the Cathedral Rock trail. That one was a short vertical scramble and the view at top was AWESOME. It was so cool the rest of our Sedona time to see Cathedral Rock and be able to say "we were up on top of that!"

Whatever you do, you will love it!

This sounds like one of the hikes we did as well. I say "hike" but it was really a nice walk, and we ended up at a swimming hole in the creek, complete with a rope for swinging out into the water Tarzan-style. It was awesome!

Our hosts for the pretrip were in Oak Creek, and I agree that this is one gorgeous area of Sedona!

Other great hikes: the Soldier's Pass trail and the Cathedral Rock trail. That one was a short vertical scramble and the view at top was AWESOME. It was so cool the rest of our Sedona time to see Cathedral Rock and be able to say "we were up on top of that!"

Whatever you do, you will love it!

Yes, kristilew that is the area. Beautiful and so walkable and enjoyable.

I took this photo from the hill where the Chapel is located. It was in December, the sun was setting and casting the glow on the rocks as the moon was rising in the east. It was breathtaking. It's no wonder Native Americans revered the area.

Don't mean to hijack your post Cocosmeme with reminiscing but you will know that the scenery alone is worth the extra days in Sedona.

It's Debbie from the Italy tour. I also wanted to book the France tour for 2010. Now that it is cancelled, I'm thinking South Africa or ALASKA. We are going on the Germany tour in 2 weeks with 2 other couples from the Italy tour( Steve and Mary, Jim and Linda). It should be a good time and wonderful tour!!

Wow! You could publish that photo, redzinner, and pay for your next ABD!

:blush: Thanks Kristi, if only!

It's Debbie from the Italy tour. I also wanted to book the France tour for 2010. Now that it is cancelled, I'm thinking South Africa or ALASKA. We are going on the Germany tour in 2 weeks with 2 other couples from the Italy tour( Steve and Mary, Jim and Linda). It should be a good time and wonderful tour!!

You 6 will have such a good time! You'll be over there for Oktoberfest :drinking1 Prost!

DH and I are doing the Adults only SWS in just 29 days. :cool1: Neither one of us are hikers, but we are walkers. I am just worried about what to pack for 65º weather.......Him, he will just show up.

Those pictures are fabulous! We are headed to Colorado to visit relatives in two weeks, so we will get our mountain "fix" for a while, but I am very impressed with the red rocks. Guess we will just have to go early and check things out. Thanks all for the research tips
1whopper: Have a great time! Please say hello to the others. We are right on our year anniversary of our Viva Italia trip. We looked at Germany, but I went with my sister a few years ago, so we decided to try something we have not seen. Germany was wonderful. Hope your trip is as memorable as Italy. I will look for a trip report!

Thanks, Tozzi, it was SayHello's terrific trip report that convinced me. She is a very good salesperson. Now I need to decide if we should go a day or two early and check out Phonix and the surrounding area. I hear that Sedona is nice.
Yay! I've converted another one! ;) I would definitely recommend going in early & getting acclimated. Phoenix is great. Lots to do & see or lots o' relaxing!

You're gonna love this trip!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter