Space A Travel

calypso*a*go-go

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
DH is retired AF and I was wondering if Space A might be an option for us to go somewhere different. Has anyone traveled SPAT with there dependents lately and was it successful (or a disaster!)? Please let me know about your experiences.

I just MAC'ed from Hawaii to Travis AFB in CA a couple weeks ago. I highly recommend the website www.pepperd.com for info about Space A for retirees, as you are the last (bottom) category and so you have a little more challenges than AD families but it's doable! The flight I took to CA from HI was about empty.

I just MAC'ed from Hawaii to Travis AFB in CA a couple weeks ago. I highly recommend the website www.pepperd.com for info about Space A for retirees, as you are the last (bottom) category and so you have a little more challenges than AD families but it's doable! The flight I took to CA from HI was about empty.

We used to be stationed @ Beale AFB...so I'm very familiar with Travis. I actually just found the website you mentioned and have been reading it like crazy! I know we will have to travel during non-peak times to even have a chance looking for four Cat. VI seats.

Travis has a great terminal, very Space-A friendly, great USO there w/coffee, internet,etc. Travis can be a great way to get to Hickam and on over to Guam and Japan. I flew to Travis, rented a car and drove to San Francisco. (about 60 miles) It was great! Oakland and Sacramento are close to Travis too.

It's really opened up our eyes to using Space A! I told DH we need to use it while he's still AD because we are Cat 3 then! :)

It's really opened up our eyes to using Space A! I told DH we need to use it while he's still AD because we are Cat 3 then! :)

Which is a blessing and a curse...because you have more availability, but at the same time you don't really have as much leeway when your leave runs out. I don't know if it will work for us or not as DH is retired from AF, but not retired from his civilian job. I think I will have him request two weeks vacation and see where we can go that will allow travel time, plus a few days to explore. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Can I speak honestly? If you are thinking of traveling to Europe or anywhere they use a plane that has a huge American flag on the tail end......Stay away from it! When they stopped using World Airlines as a carrier for our Naples to Norfolk flight, there has been nothing but problems with breakdowns. I could not tell you how many times the plane has had to have an emergency landing in the NE before making it to Norfolk or Naples. Always breaking down in Bahrain and Crete and being stranded for days up to a week. My husband got stuck in NYC for over 14 hours. Everyone on the plane knew there was a problem BEFORE they ever made it out of Norfolk, but they just kept flying the plane. :confused3. It's a cheap ticket, but not worth dying for. We now pay for commercial flights. They need to bring back World Airlines.

My husband has flown Space-A people a bunch of times with no problems. Though his plane isn't the most comfortable! But, we had friends who flew Space-A on the deployer to England and planned on taking the deployer back two weeks later, especially since they knew my husband was flying the one back. Only he got extended on the deployment and no one was flying back to our base any time soon! They ended up finding a Space-A to McChord and driving across Washington overnight to get back in time for her husband to be at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter