Spectro on Sat night in Oct

Juls

Runs With Scissors
Sat will be our first night in wdw, we plan to have dinner at O'hana at 5:30. Would it be crazy for us to go over to the MK after dinner just to see the parade and fireworks? I know it will be crazy and crowded, but has anyone done this? How did it work out? I dont want to stress us out on our first night there.

We tried to do that same thing from WL. We made the fireworks but missed the parade. O.k. so I got a little stressed out. So my advice is tell the castmember that is your waitress at Poly what you intend to do. Remember that the monorail may not be there when you need it to be. Know that you will definitely make the fireworks so that if you make the parade it is an added bonus and then perhaps you won't stress out your first night. Remember, you are at Disney (a happy place) and that this is your vacation!

We're going to be doing the exact same thing you are thinking about during the first day of our upcoming trip on Oct. 25th. We've gone to the MK on Saturday night before just to see the fireworks and parade, and there's no doubt it will be crowded and stressful, but we don't let it bother us. We're in WDW for pete's sake! :)
By the way, not sure if you are aware of this, but there are several weekdays during Oct. that WDW is having both fireworks and Spectromagic, other than Saturday nights. It looks like the nights of Oct. 9, 17, 21 and 28. And there are many other nights when just the fireworks are shown at park closing. I would recommend one of these nights if you're not comfortable with going on your first night. Whatever you decide, we hope you have a good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter