SPIRIT Airlines

Back safe and sound after a wonderful trip. Things looked to be headed in the right direction when we left, but I had proactively cancelled my outbound flight and rebooked wtih a different carrier. Spirit refunded me that flight price. I kept our return flight with the expectation that things would continue to improve. Very happy to report that it was a smooth experience (other than having to pay $35 for a bag that was heavier than spirit's limit but within every other airline's limit (40 vs 50lbs) but it was a smooth flight and landed 10 minutes early. If you can catch a good price, I think they can be good but they have clearly demonstrated that when something goes wrong, it goes very wrong. Hoping this experience helps them build a better infrastructure that will continue to help them continue to offer good pricing. I would fly with them again if they continue to run smoothly and the price is right. The plane was clean and new, and I thought more comfortable than Frontier which I have flown many times.

I sat here looking through fares in the next 60 days and most were at 21 -35 dollars.
I will let them buy my love

That’s what they’re counting on. That you’ll forget about being stranded somewhere for days because you paid $35 or your ticket. But I bet if they cancel that $35 flight you’ll expect compensation, which you won’t get, and an alternate way to get where you’re going… which you also won’t get. If you need to get somewhere Spirit, Allegiant,and Frontier are not the most reliable.
Did spirit cover peoples hotel cost and give them flight vouchers?
No. They couldn’t find where their flight crews even were ans tons of their ground crews just walked away. There definitely wasn’t help or compensation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter